Coleman owners - Page 11 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-27-2017, 12:26 AM   #201

Oregon
Flickering LED's

2017 Coleman 300tq LED lights flicker one on 12 volt (not plugged in) and running water pump. Anybody have the same problem or heard of this?

1l243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 11:48 PM   #202

Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1l243 View Post
2017 Coleman 300tq LED lights flicker one on 12 volt (not plugged in) and running water pump. Anybody have the same problem or heard of this?
I found the problem. The bolt holding the ground to the trailer frame under the slide out had broken and it was not grounding...

Old 05-05-2017, 05:23 PM   #203

Oregon
Low Level Water Drain Lines? Every trailer I have had had Low Water Drain lines. Two pex tubing lines with caps, one red one blue hanging down under the trailer to drain the water out of the low level plumbing. My new 2017 Coleman 300tq has one drain line. It's right under the the sealed fresh water tank. I am thinking this is for draining the fresh water tank. It's that they could have plumbed the low level lines into the same fresh tank water drain but with a sealed underbelly I can't tell.

Page 58 upper paragraph of owners manual says " All units are equipped with Low Point drains that are designed to drain water from the water tank and all lines" "These are located underneath the unit usually near the water tank"

Does anybody know if there should be separate low level drain lines or are they plumbed into the fresh water tank drain?
Old 05-05-2017, 08:48 PM   #204
Site Team

North Carolina
Quote:
Low Level Water Drain Lines? Every trailer I have had had Low Water Drain lines. Two pex tubing lines with caps, one red one blue hanging down under the trailer to drain the water out of the low level plumbing. My new 2017 Coleman 300tq has one drain line. It's right under the the sealed fresh water tank. I am thinking this is for draining the fresh water tank. It's that they could have plumbed the low level lines into the same fresh tank water drain but with a sealed underbelly I can't tell.

Page 58 upper paragraph of owners manual says " All units are equipped with Low Point drains that are designed to drain water from the water tank and all lines" "These are located underneath the unit usually near the water tank"

Does anybody know if there should be separate low level drain lines or are they plumbed into the fresh water tank drain?
I have never seen them take the time to tie all the drains together. On just about every RV I have ever owned there fresh water tank had it's own drain, then there were at least one if not more low point drains for the plumbing. IIRC my little Coleman 16FB had 3 or 4 low point drains, in addition to the water tank drain.

Aaron
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 10:26 PM   #205

Oregon
Sorry for the unnecessary question. I found the low level drain lines. They were about 18" from the fresh water tank drain next to the siding of the trailer on the right side. They are only protruding a few inches out of the sealed underbelly and covered with spray foam so I just missed it.
Old 05-28-2017, 05:54 PM   #206

Mississippi
My New Coleman

For the last couple of months.I have been living in my RV at a RV Park... Last week I went dry camping .. I enjoyed myself .. First time camping.. Hope i can sell my house and go full time..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	artisto(4).jpg
Views:	323
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	4177   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170420_144904.jpg
Views:	331
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	4178  
Biggie3313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 03:12 PM   #207

Missouri
All wet

Hi folks. We bought a used 2013 271RB in February and live in it full-time. We've had nothing but trouble with water - in fact, there's a line of it running across the floor right now.....

All blotted up, for now. I've read all of the previous posts and have seen a few pertaining to leaks - but we've got lots of them:
1) in our BEDROOM wall (!) at the filter to the white water tank (we removed the filter and it seems to be staying dry now)
2) under the kitchen sink (we recaulked it, twice, and it helped, but I still find water in my bowls sometimes)
3) coming in the couch/table slide during rainstorms, running out of the light fixture over the table (the wide rubber gasket at the top of the slide is not NEARLY wide enough)
4) running out from under the shower, and I DO mean "running." We've opened all three access panels and can't see ANYthing dripping. We found it spraying where the hose is attached to the rig, and fixed that - but it still runs out on the floor. Any ideas?

We LOVE our floorplan, but we're dismayed by the poor quality of our TT. It sure looks good, but it doesn't work well.
melliefluous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 03:47 PM   #208

Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggie3313 View Post
For the last couple of months.I have been living in my RV at a RV Park... Last week I went dry camping .. I enjoyed myself .. First time camping.. Hope i can sell my house and go full time..
Looks like the RV park is right on the Gulf, not a bad spot.
Old 07-28-2017, 03:48 PM   #209

Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by melliefluous View Post
Hi folks. We bought a used 2013 271RB in February and live in it full-time. We've had nothing but trouble with water - in fact, there's a line of it running across the floor right now.....

All blotted up, for now. I've read all of the previous posts and have seen a few pertaining to leaks - but we've got lots of them:
1) in our BEDROOM wall (!) at the filter to the white water tank (we removed the filter and it seems to be staying dry now)
2) under the kitchen sink (we recaulked it, twice, and it helped, but I still find water in my bowls sometimes)
3) coming in the couch/table slide during rainstorms, running out of the light fixture over the table (the wide rubber gasket at the top of the slide is not NEARLY wide enough)
4) running out from under the shower, and I DO mean "running." We've opened all three access panels and can't see ANYthing dripping. We found it spraying where the hose is attached to the rig, and fixed that - but it still runs out on the floor. Any ideas?

We LOVE our floorplan, but we're dismayed by the poor quality of our TT. It sure looks good, but it doesn't work well.
Are you using a pressure reducer?
Old 07-28-2017, 03:50 PM   #210

Missouri
Yes, and our water pressure in all faucets is just so-so
Old 07-29-2017, 02:18 AM   #211

Oregon
Quote:

As far as the leak over the slide goes, Yes, it could be coming in past the gasket but also could be a roof leak. Get up on the roof (might not be walk on roof so be careful) and checked for holes in the roof membrane and seams where roof caulking is applied and around vents. When parking your rig tilt it slightly so water runs away from the slide and trailer and not into it. Consider a slide topper.

I will assume the shower leak happens when it's not raining? There is only a few places a shower can leak, the seams in the shower surround, the faucet, the lines to the faucet or the drain. remove the access panels stand in the shower with the water running and have someone look for a drain leak. The weight in the shower could be a factor when it comes to the drain. Pull the faucet away from the wall and look for leaks. If it's leaking as bad as you describe it should be pretty obvious.

If it's the plumbing that's leaking at the kitchen sink you should not fix that with caulking. New drain seal, hose seals or faucet sounds in order.

Keep in mind these trailer were not built to be lived in full time. The systems will fail faster and be more frequent with full time living.. Good luck.
Old 08-01-2017, 04:23 PM   #212

Missouri
Thanks.
Old 08-02-2017, 12:20 AM   #213

Tennessee
Quote:
Thanks.
Sounds to me like all the seals are dried out, it gets awful hot in Kansas City as you well know. If you love the floorplan and there isn't any structural damage I would start by resealing the drains and replacing the slide seals. The roof can be fixed quickly with Eternabond tape and all the fresh water pipe can be replaced easily with new PEX. Nothing I mentioned is really that expensive. I'm sure that videos on how to do these repairs are available on youtube.

Back when we were younger my wife and I would buy fixer-uppers, give them a little love and sell them for a profit. Today we buy new, still have to repair them and enjoy the depreciation.
Old 08-02-2017, 02:11 PM   #214

Missouri
Thanks so much. Knowing what to use for repairs is just what we need.
Old 08-02-2017, 03:04 PM   #215

Tennessee
Quote:
Thanks so much. Knowing what to use for repairs is just what we need.
Glad to help.
Old 09-25-2017, 06:22 AM   #216

Oregon
I want to do a small repair on the roof of my Coleman 300tq. The sealant that runs across where the roof meets the front wrap is beige like the roof but at the corners where the roof and front wrap meet it's BLACK. Is the black sealant something special or is it just a black lap sealant?
Old 09-25-2017, 11:13 PM   #217

Tennessee
Quote:
I want to do a small repair on the roof of my Coleman 300tq. The sealant that runs across where the roof meets the front wrap is beige like the roof but at the corners where the roof and front wrap meet it's BLACK. Is the black sealant something special or is it just a black lap sealant?
My manual says to use DICOR, no silicone. I'm calling customer service tomorrow to confirm since mine needs a little love in the same location.

Sent from my KFGIWI using Tapatalk
Old 09-26-2017, 12:03 AM   #218

Oregon
I was going to wash the roof when I discovered this little gap in the Black sealant. I am not sure what kind of sealant it is, It could be a form of black Butyl caulk since it seems to have been shaped . I am pretty sure a black self leveling Caulk like Dicor will fill the gap.

Maybe you can let me know what you find out?

Old 09-26-2017, 11:49 AM   #219

Tennessee
Isn't the vinyl insert missing from above the awning rail too?
Old 09-26-2017, 01:48 PM   #220

Tennessee
I called Keystone Customer Service and she didn't know , said to email them a pic, so I did. She did say self-leveling DICOR on the roof and 100% silicone on the vertical surfaces. My manual says any use of silicone will void the warranty but she said that only applies to the roof. I'll update....