Coleman owners - Page 12 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-26-2017, 04:31 PM   #221

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Lantern View Post
I called Keystone Customer Service and she didn't know , said to email them a pic, so I did. She did say self-leveling DICOR on the roof and 100% silicone on the vertical surfaces. My manual says any use of silicone will void the warranty but she said that only applies to the roof. I'll update....
I would use DICOR for everything. What could it hurt?

franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 04:44 PM   #222

Oregon
Quote:
Isn't the vinyl insert missing from above the awning rail too?
Not sure what vinyl insert you mean.. The second pictue shows the side view of where the front wrap meets the roof surface. The plastic piece on the right is actually the rain spout...

1l243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 04:48 PM   #223

Oregon
Quote:
I called Keystone Customer Service and she didn't know , said to email them a pic, so I did. She did say self-leveling DICOR on the roof and 100% silicone on the vertical surfaces. My manual says any use of silicone will void the warranty but she said that only applies to the roof. I'll update....
They used silicone on all the vertical fitments on the side of my trailer like doors appliances and storage doors. They still use butyl on the windows.

I would not use silicone on the roof. A good self leveling Dicor works great.. I ordered some Black Dicor from Amazon none of the RV shops I called carry black....
Old 09-26-2017, 05:07 PM   #224

Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1l243 View Post
I was going to wash the roof when I discovered this little gap in the Black sealant. I am not sure what kind of sealant it is, It could be a form of black Butyl caulk since it seems to have been shaped . I am pretty sure a black self leveling Caulk like Dicor will fill the gap.
I see a big gap in the white sealant as well, better get on that!!
Old 09-26-2017, 06:07 PM   #225

Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwest450 View Post
I see a big gap in the white sealant as well, better get on that!!
Yes, I noticed that the picture is a makes it look worse than it is. what they did is when the fasten the front wrap to the roof they use a trim piece to screw it down. When they lay down the Dicor they run it along the edges then up on the trim to hit the screw heads. They did the same thing n the back. I plan on applying Dicor more liberally across the trim or sealing with Eternabond....
Old 09-26-2017, 09:21 PM   #226

Tennessee
Quote:
Not sure what vinyl insert you mean.. The second pictue shows the side view of where the front wrap meets the roof surface. The plastic piece on the right is actually the rain spout...
He's a pic of mine in the same location and a pic of the driver's side. Ignore the white because I had to do an emergency repair at the beach last week and all I had were white products that matched my other TT. Camping World is supposed to make a permanent repair under warranty. Shouldn't you have the same black vinyl insert covering the screws?

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk
Old 09-26-2017, 09:46 PM   #227

Oregon
Now I see what you mean... It looks like they cut the vinyl strip about 1" short. I will have fix that with Dicor as well...

Thanks for pointing that out I don't think I would have noticed it..
Old 09-26-2017, 10:01 PM   #228

Tennessee
Quote:
Now I see what you mean... It looks like they cut the vinyl strip about 1" short. I will have fix that with Dicor as well...

Thanks for pointing that out I don't think I would have noticed it..
You're welcome. They pulled mine too tight when they installed it. Came loose going down I-26.

Old 09-27-2017, 11:52 PM   #229

Tennessee
Sent Dutchmen customer service this email(of course I had the actual vin in the email):

What is the black sealant in the attached photo? While this is not my RV I do have the same sealant on my 1805RB VIN# 4YDT18023########

*Got this reply:

Hi,

I will needs your exact vin number so that I may assign a case handler to answer your question. I put your email in the system under your vin.

Really? Did she even read the email?

Sent from my KFGIWI using Tapatalk
Old 09-28-2017, 11:23 AM   #230

Florida
Quote:
Sent Dutchmen customer service this email(of course I had the actual vin in the email):

What is the black sealant in the attached photo? While this is not my RV I do have the same sealant on my 1805RB VIN# 4YDT18023########

*Got this reply:

Hi,

I will needs your exact vin number so that I may assign a case handler to answer your question. I put your email in the system under your vin.

Really? Did she even read the email?

Sent from my KFGIWI using Tapatalk
like you expected anything different?
Old 09-28-2017, 11:45 AM   #231

Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by franktafl View Post
like you expected anything different?
True, what I thought was so funny I had the VIN in the subject line too, so it was in the email twice and she said:

"I put your email in the system under your vin."

She was asking for my VIN but said she put my email in the system under my VIN.
HUH? At least it gave me a good laugh. Think I'll take a picture of the VIN today and try that.
Old 09-28-2017, 12:54 PM   #232

Texas
I manage a global network that I built about 17 years ago. We have locations in Puerto Rico (a mess) to Beijing, and everywhere in between.

I have the pleasure of communicating with folks all over the world everyday that are just as unaware (nice word for clueless) of what is right in front of their face.

I suppose one of the reasons they put up with a 60 year old geezer who will NOT "come into the office" is because I am so kind to these unaware folks.

By the way, this method of making Kroger money FITS so well with the full-time RV lifestyle. I can be anywhere, anytime, as long as I am on-the-grid 24\7.

My slide-out office IS just that! On the grid. Thank you AT&T and Verizon for your unlimited data. (I consume upwards of 100Gig)
2003 Ram 2500 Cummins (can't kill this beast)
snakebitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 03:19 PM   #233

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakebitten View Post
I manage a global network that I built about 17 years ago. We have locations in Puerto Rico (a mess) to Beijing, and everywhere in between.

I have the pleasure of communicating with folks all over the world everyday that are just as unaware (nice word for clueless) of what is right in front of their face.

I suppose one of the reasons they put up with a 60 year old geezer who will NOT "come into the office" is because I am so kind to these unaware folks.

By the way, this method of making Kroger money FITS so well with the full-time RV lifestyle. I can be anywhere, anytime, as long as I am on-the-grid 24\7.

My slide-out office IS just that! On the grid. Thank you AT&T and Verizon for your unlimited data. (I consume upwards of 100Gig)
You are so correct. I wonder sometimes if they read these emails. I have a counterpart in Orlando that only reads the first sentence of anything you send him and completely misses the point. That's why I ALWAYS call him, then send the email, then follow up. great guy but ...
Old 09-28-2017, 03:51 PM   #234

Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakebitten View Post

I have worked with seniors and their families for 30 years. My desire is to someday be away from the public and only interact with my family on a regular basis.

It seems that many customer service reps are in the business of pacification and not resolution, I think this lady might fit that description.
Old 09-29-2017, 07:01 AM   #235

Oregon
Regarding the black sealant on my 2017 Coleman 300tq, I still have not found out what type of sealant it is. I have learned the the roofing membrane is TPO and not Rubber or EPDM.

The TPO is part of the Alpha Superflex systems. They don't want you using Dicor for rubber roofs on your TPO roof. Alpha has their own sealants.

I did read that Dicor sells a Lap Sealant for TPO but I think when it comes time to touch up the roof I will go with what the manufacturer recommends.

As far as the black sealant touchup I need to do, I think I can use regular Dicor on that since it will not come in contact with the roof membrane.
Old 09-29-2017, 01:08 PM   #236

Tennessee
Quote:
Regarding the black sealant on my 2017 Coleman 300tq, I still have not found out what type of sealant it is. I have learned the the roofing membrane is TPO and not Rubber or EPDM.

The TPO is part of the Alpha Superflex systems. They don't want you using Dicor for rubber roofs on your TPO roof. Alpha has their own sealants.

I did read that Dicor sells a Lap Sealant for TPO but I think when it comes time to touch up the roof I will go with what the manufacturer recommends.

As far as the black sealant touchup I need to do, I think I can use regular Dicor on that since it will not come in contact with the roof membrane.
I had another CSR email me yesterday and say it was black silicone which I know it is not. I sent a photo of my Vin to the original CSR maybe she'll give me the correct info today.

Old 11-27-2018, 12:03 AM   #237

Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by fblumberg View Post
just went to dewinterize and discovered the seam above the bedroom has buckled allowing tons of water into the walls and platform bed lucky the mattress was still wrapped in plastic, but not lucky that the whole inner wall is shot! Camping world says I can probably get my Geico policy to cover most of it?
But it is sposed to have a two 2 year warranty?
its up in 10 days ! cover it! I also purchased a Good Sams extended-warranty?
NO good....?
This isn't the first time either, last time it was over the Bathroom, but that was 2 months after purchase . Its a 2013 Coleman by Dutchman/ thor put into service May 1 2013.... ANY advice or Ideas will be Appreciated, as the dutchman email address and Marcus Limonis address I have no longer work!
+++++++++++++
Hello,

Well..I know the above post is a few years old...but I found a leak in the right rear corner of the wall of the bedroom area. I have a 2014 249RB as well. Basically the leak is under the wall between the bedroom closet on right side and the storage compartment rear wall. I had water on the floor of the storage area near the rear of the storage door and the forward edge of the right rear bed area. So something is going on. I found no obvious problems on the roof, no problems around the window of the bedroom, no problems in the seal around the storage door and didn't find any bolts for the forward rail of the awning that looked wet or without caulk.
I'm perplexed. Any suggestions would be great!

Second issue. I'm going to add an observation camera under the center rear marker light. There isn't any factory mount there. Since this will be the first time I've torn into the exterior wall of the trailer...be curious as to what I can expect. Can I expect to be able to pull the wires from the center marker light down and connect to them? Do I have to come from inside the trailer somehow? Or can I fish up inside the outer wall to grab onto the wiring already there and tap into that?

Thanks in Advance!
david
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20181024_175607.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	5161   Click image for larger version

Name:	20181025_114615.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	5162  
People, Places & Things...for over 40 Years!
videoarizona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 11:20 AM   #238

New York
Hey all. Getting ready to pick up my new Coleman 263BH and realized it does not have a spare tire! What is everyone doing for a spare? I see the universal bumper mounts but I’ve always been weary of mounting anything to the bumper because of horror stories!

Thanks
Sweetlou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 12:47 PM   #239

Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetlou View Post
Hey all. Getting ready to pick up my new Coleman 263BH and realized it does not have a spare tire! What is everyone doing for a spare? I see the universal bumper mounts but I’ve always been weary of mounting anything to the bumper because of horror stories!

Thanks

A tire mount is fine, not enough weight to be of concern, the only thing to be mindful of, and may not be an issue with the 263BH, is the height of the tire above the ground. On my 274BH, it rides low, so on a steep driveway incline the bottom of the tire smacked the ground, and bent the tire mount up a bit.

What you do need to be wary of is any leverage type of mounts on the bumper such as a cargo tray in a 2" receiver attached to the bumper, those can and will tear the bumper off due to the large amount of leverage it can exert, but a tire wont have that kind of effect on it.
acdii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 12:52 PM   #240

Illinois
Tried to edit above, it came up blank,

I had looked up the 263BH, I like the floor plan, my only concern is lack of storage like what I have in the 274. It has the front pass through, but no rear storage. I use the rear for things like the waste tank supplies, tools, chocks and leveling pads. Once you get yours on the road and camp ready, please post on where you found a place to store that stuff. I like to keep the waste components far from the fresh water components, even though both are in separate containers.

I also found a bunch of used ones that still have all the stickers on up at a CW in Syracuse NY, is that where you found yours?

acdii is offline   Reply With Quote