Coleman owners - Page 10 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-20-2017, 12:12 PM   #181

Arkansas
congrats meterman.

d_eggman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 12:14 PM   #182

Arkansas
I finally bought a metal carport for the camper.
Now maybe it will be easier to keep clean.

d_eggman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 10:40 PM   #183

Arkansas
Arrg new trailer two water leaks

Sent from a place I no not where
meterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 12:27 AM   #184

Oregon
Hello fellow Coleman owners. I just purchased a 2017 Coleman 300tq Toy Hauler. It is the first time I have ever seen the City and Fresh water supply on the RIGHT side of the trailer next to the door? What's up with that? Just wondering what the reasoning behind this is being that most RV parks and campgrounds all have the hookups on the Left side of the trailer...

I am very happy with the 300tq (only had it a week). It is not our first Rodeo I have had 5 previous Toy Haulers.
1l243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 03:39 AM   #185

South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1l243 View Post
Hello fellow Coleman owners. I just purchased a 2017 Coleman 300tq Toy Hauler. It is the first time I have ever seen the City and Fresh water supply on the RIGHT side of the trailer next to the door? What's up with that? Just wondering what the reasoning behind this is being that most RV parks and campgrounds all have the hookups on the Left side of the trailer...

I am very happy with the 300tq (only had it a week). It is not our first Rodeo I have had 5 previous Toy Haulers.
They put the hook ups where it's convenient for them! My fresh water fill is on the right side because that's where the tank is. Actually, the pump is too, but the city water tees in by the bathroom sink in the cold water system! The good news is the connections are shorter, and have fewer pieces, so it should be less prone to leaks. Hint: When hooking up, pass your water hose around and under the TT, before you put the stabilizers down.
MartyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 04:24 AM   #186

Oregon
Seems silly to put the water on the right side just to save 6 feet of pex tubing...
Old 02-23-2017, 09:21 AM   #187
Site Team

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1l243 View Post
Seems silly to put the water on the right side just to save 6 feet of pex tubing...
I agree it doesn't make sense. Maybe look and see if you can figure out how to route it to the other side. I think you will find that it isn't going to be feasible.

Aaron
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 07:15 AM   #188

Oregon
Coleman owners have you mounted a TV on the "mount tv here" sticker? What kind of backing plate did you find, wood, metal?

Thanks
Old 03-02-2017, 09:44 AM   #189
Site Team

North Carolina
I did on mine. The block is plywood. However be forewarned that the block and the sticker may not be in the same place! If you have access to an electronic stud finder it will help you determine the actual size and location of the block. When I did mine I got two screws in the stud, one in the block and one in the wall.

Several people on here have used a piece of plywood to bridge the studs and mounted the television to that.

Aaron
Old 03-02-2017, 02:05 PM   #190

South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoonc View Post
I did on mine. The block is plywood. However be forewarned that the block and the sticker may not be in the same place! If you have access to an electronic stud finder it will help you determine the actual size and location of the block. When I did mine I got two screws in the stud, one in the block and one in the wall.

Several people on here have used a piece of plywood to bridge the studs and mounted the television to that.

Aaron
X2! I placed my TV bracket right on the sticker, and I got three screws well into the plywood, and one that felt "too easy." I must have been right on the edge. Recommend stud finder.
MartyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 01:59 AM   #191

Florida
I cut plywood to fit the whole area, then stained it, I used a stud finder and got three in the studs, then used the screw inserts into the rest of the plywood, I then mounted the TV onto the board, works good for me..
Old 03-03-2017, 01:29 PM   #192

Colorado
I picked up my Coleman 300TQ back in October. I'm not too worried about connections because I boondock 99.9% of the time. I think my only small complaint is that the hot water heater exhaust and appliance access panels are all right under the awning where we might be hanging out. I don't think it will be a huge deal but time will tell. If it's cold out it will just keep us warmer.
Casper50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 02:39 PM   #193

Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by knesdad View Post
From what I was told by our local dealer (we talked about Coleman last week), Coleman has a lot of "this and thats" from different trailers. A sofa from here, a dinette from there.... you get the idea. A lot of extras from other trailers are used in them. Just sayin' what I was told. Don't shoot the messenger.....

Dave.

And what's the problem with that. Any replacement parts you might need as time goes on. You'll use the VIN # anyway. I work in parts VIN # will tell all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Stan the man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 04:35 PM   #194

Oregon
Mounting TV in entertainment area I discovered that the entire backing areas seems to have at least a 1/2" wood backing area for screwing into. At least I hit wood with all the bolt on the TV Mount. After setting the template for the TV mount I used a very small drill set at 1" to prob the area and found 1/2" of wood in each bolt location. I then predrilled the holes to accept the TV mount 1" x 5/16" Lag screws.

I went with a dual arm TV Mount that can pull straight out from the recessed area of the entertainment area. The mount is for a 32" to 50" TV and is almost as heavy as the 39" Vizio TV I installed on it. End result is a pretty stout installation. I will use tie straps when in transport mode.

Mount pulled out

39" Vizio set just outside the frame of the recessed entertainment area

For the garage I used a electronic stud finder just to make sure the wall sticker was in the right place. I then used the same small drill bit as a probe and found that there was about 1/2" of wood base for the TV Mount. I predrilled the mount hole and seems to have bit into solid wood and a good mount.

24" TV with built in DVD

Now off to the bedroom with the same plan as the garage
Old 03-07-2017, 09:21 AM   #195
Site Team

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan the man View Post
And what's the problem with that. Any replacement parts you might need as time goes on. You'll use the VIN # anyway. I work in parts VIN # will tell all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
But do you work in the RV industry? VIN # are all but useless when it comes to chasing parts in the RV industry. They change stuff up on the spur of the moment from one unit on the line to the next and back again. The other issue is that a very high percentage of the parts on an RV are from outside vendors, the vendor will make a batch, sell it to an RV manufacturer or two, when that batch is gone the manufacturer will go find something else somewhere else.

Aaron
Old 03-07-2017, 10:43 AM   #196

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoonc View Post
But do you work in the RV industry? VIN # are all but useless when it comes to chasing parts in the RV industry. They change stuff up on the spur of the moment from one unit on the line to the next and back again. The other issue is that a very high percentage of the parts on an RV are from outside vendors, the vendor will make a batch, sell it to an RV manufacturer or two, when that batch is gone the manufacturer will go find something else somewhere else.

Aaron
This is one of the reasons I really love my Tiffin motorhome, it came with a three-page "as built " sheet that list everything in my motorhome by manufacturer part number serial number and lot number. It has everything from the furnace, to the refrigerator, and all TVs listed.
Thom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 11:49 AM   #197

Arkansas
So did my Coleman I was surprised at that

Old 03-07-2017, 04:42 PM   #198
Site Team

North Carolina
I probably should have qualified my remarks...

There are SOME builders that can track things by VIN number. Most cannot. Just because you have a build sheet doesn't mean that they kept a copy of it.

We had 3 Coachmen Concords together here a few weeks ago, we all have the same model, same year. Two were built in November 2015 one in January 2016. They have 3 different types kitchen sinks in them, two different types of converters along with a few other cosmetic differences. No telling WHAT is going to come off an RV assembly line at a lot of the larger companies. They all have that cute little disclaimer on their website and in their brochure about reserving the right to make changes at any time.

Aaron
Old 03-14-2017, 07:48 PM   #199

New Mexico
My wife and I purchased a Coleman 2855bh last summer. We love it. Nice solid vehicle.
RickGoshorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 01:35 AM   #200

Arkansas
That's what we bought 2855 bh love it so far gonna look at installing happy jack bunk lifts
To have room for our furry kids