Show off your Mods - Page 12 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-23-2014, 12:33 PM   #221

Oklahoma
Ah, that explains it. I suppose a year to year bells and whistle change is necessary.

Where you have recliners I have a couch that opens up to accomodate a blown up queen bed. The dinette sounds about the same.

Thers's only one of me so the included Voltage recliner works for my down time.

Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 02:43 PM   #222

Louisiana
I put the included Voltage recliner in storage because it just gets in the way. However I wish I had the dual recliners in the place of the couch that opens up for an air mattress.

Old 06-24-2014, 02:58 AM   #223

Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by eightydo View Post
Yesterday changed step lights to LED strips it dropped the current draw to 0.7 amps.
Great idea, is it possible to replace existing fixtures w LED bulbs?
splash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 03:31 AM   #224

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by splash View Post
Great idea, is it possible to replace existing fixtures w LED bulbs?
You can get an LED bulb for about every application you have in your camper. Just do a seach for LED and the bulb type you want.

I have replaced all of the lights in our camper, it makes a big differance in your battery life if you are boondocking.
hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 03:49 AM   #225

Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by splash View Post
great idea, is it possible to replace existing fixtures w led bulbs?

2017 Dodge Ram 3500 DRW
2014 Voltage 3200
2005 FLHTCI
eightydo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 10:21 AM   #226

Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by sundancer 87 View Post
Don't you have another drawer under the couch end of the arrangement? Down there where the air mattress would fit, near the stairs.

Could be the 3800 is a little different between the year models though.

No air mattress, no sofa. The brown puffy chairs (sofa) are recliners. There were 4 sections and no center console originally. I made the change.
DR Buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 10:24 AM   #227

Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
Sundancer,

The 3800 has two recliners with the console between, at the front end of the big slide.

The other section is a dinette table with a bench on either side. Both of the benches run crosswise of the slide.

That was one reason we chose the 3800. Two recliners, one for each of us, and the dinette table is where I set up my laptop, hot spot, GPSs & chargers, GoPro cameras and chargers...all that stuff! This way I can watch TV in the evening while doing all the other stuff I do at the end of the day!!

I was amazed that only Voltage Epic with the 14ft garage, that had the dinette was the 3800...so we ordered it!

Pirate

I have a steep railroad crossing at the end of my driveway. I am length limited. Only the 3200 would make the entrance/exit. Max length is in and out is 36' and I had to put skid wheels under the back end to keep the rear bumper from dragging.
Old 06-24-2014, 12:22 PM   #228

Colorado
I sure hope you're like me and have a 3/4 mile driveway!! And hopefully not on the main line?

Pirate
Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 07:52 PM   #229

Nevada
Inside Step Lighting

Just finished some step lighting for the dark nights so guests don't trip. I used LED strips, and a motion sensor.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Off step light (640x360).jpg
Views:	353
Size:	26.4 KB
ID:	1253   Click image for larger version

Name:	Step1a (640x360).jpg
Views:	353
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	1254  

2017 Dodge Ram 3500 DRW
2014 Voltage 3200
2005 FLHTCI
Old 06-24-2014, 10:07 PM   #230

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by eightydo View Post
Just finished some step lighting for the dark nights so guests don't trip. I used LED strips, and a motion sensor.
That's nice. How did you power them?
soonernation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 10:59 PM   #231

Nevada
I taped off the back side of cigarette lighter connection in the control cabinet. It is switched in light control panel with a switch in the blank spot as in this photo
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_20130726_132504_506 (640x361).jpg
Views:	472
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	1255  

2017 Dodge Ram 3500 DRW
2014 Voltage 3200
2005 FLHTCI
Old 06-24-2014, 11:02 PM   #232

Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
I sure hope you're like me and have a 3/4 mile driveway!! And hopefully not on the main line?

Pirate
2200 feet down the driveway, on the main line. But after 17 years we don't even hear it anymore.
Old 06-28-2014, 07:50 PM   #233

Oklahoma
Well, I finally finished installing my Progressive surge protector and moving all my electrical components behind the storage wall. My transfer switch was right next to my water pump (water and electric should not be that close together), my converter was hanging from the ceiling by 1 screw, and my central vacuum was in a spot where I had to crawl into the compartment to change the bag, so I built (actually overbuilt) a rack to put everything on. Now all the electric stuff is separated from the water panel, and I can change the vacuum bag standing outside the trailer. The surge protector is really nice, and I bought the remote display, so I have one in the storage compartment, that I can look at when I plug in, and then switch to the one inside, which I mounted below the switch panel. This was a lot of time spent inside the compartment, but well worth it. It is much cleaner behind the wall now.

Deconstructed, the walls and electrical components removed.

Finished installation.

This is looking from the door with the water panel. I can easily reach the vacuum now.

It looks pretty much the same as is did before with all of the walls installed. The big compartment is actually 2 inches smaller than before. I left the extra wiring in there for the converter, as I will probably be changing it next year to one with a remote.
Old 06-30-2014, 02:41 AM   #234

Colorado
Yes, it would fantastic if you could share details on what components you used!!

I would really like to add those...but time is surely short this year for hunting up the right stuff!!

Thanks!!

Pirate
Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 03:31 PM   #235

Oklahoma
The converter, transfer switch, and vacuum were all original equipment in the trailer, I just relocated them and cleaned up the wiring. I also installed a surge protector from progressive industries.

Amazon.com: Progressive Industries EMSHW50C Surge Protector: Automotive

And the remote display

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I wired the surge protector in "front" of the transfer switch so that it protects the system from the shore power, but not the generator. The generator has its own voltage protection, so I am not too worried about that.

I am pretty handy with aluminum, so I built the rack myself. It is way heavier than it needs to be, but I had the material on hand so I used it.
Old 07-14-2014, 07:11 AM   #236

Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by macman83 View Post
Well, I finally finished installing my Progressive surge protector and moving all my electrical components behind the storage wall. My transfer switch was right next to my water pump (water and electric should not be that close together), my converter was hanging from the ceiling by 1 screw, and my central vacuum was in a spot where I had to crawl into the compartment to change the bag, so I built (actually overbuilt) a rack to put everything on. Now all the electric stuff is separated from the water panel, and I can change the vacuum bag standing outside the trailer. The surge protector is really nice, and I bought the remote display, so I have one in the storage compartment, that I can look at when I plug in, and then switch to the one inside, which I mounted below the switch panel. This was a lot of time spent inside the compartment, but well worth it. It is much cleaner behind the wall now.

Deconstructed, the walls and electrical components removed.

Finished installation.

This is looking from the door with the water panel. I can easily reach the vacuum now.

It looks pretty much the same as is did before with all of the walls installed. The big compartment is actually 2 inches smaller than before. I left the extra wiring in there for the converter, as I will probably be changing it next year to one with a remote.
Too bad you are so far away - you could make a little money off me doing this mod!
donzinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 03:55 PM   #237

Tennessee
Under Dinette Access

I already posted the details of this little project in its own thread
http://http://www.dutchmenowners.org...rage-1988.html ,
but I guess it would be appropriate to stick a couple of pics here in the Mods thread (which I just discovered). Additional details at above link.

Happy trails,
Bob
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	After 1.jpg
Views:	319
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	1306   Click image for larger version

Name:	After 2.jpg
Views:	324
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	1307  

2013 Kodiak 253RBSL - 2004 Ford Expedition
Panhandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 09:48 AM   #238

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by donzinger View Post
Slide Toppers installed!
Donzinger,

Where did you buy your toppers from and if you don't ask me minding, how much were they? I ask because while my toyhauler is at the dealer getting work done, I asked them to get me a quote for toppers for my 3 slide-outs. (I figured it can't be that much labor to install)

The bill was about 1600!!

Is that right? Seemed a lot high to me so I guess I'll buy them and install them myself.

Thanks,

Mark
orangecrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 09:55 AM   #239

Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangecrush View Post
Donzinger,

Where did you buy your toppers from and if you don't ask me minding, how much were they? I ask because while my toyhauler is at the dealer getting work done, I asked them to get me a quote for toppers for my 3 slide-outs. (I figured it can't be that much labor to install)

The bill was about 1600!!

Is that right? Seemed a lot high to me so I guess I'll buy them and install them myself.

Thanks,

Mark
Good morning! I actually had the dealer install mine prior to delivery as I just did not have the time to install them at that time. I really wanted to do it myself, but... Cost me $1,300 to have the two installed as well as a grab handle for the garage door. You most likely won't be able to have one put over the galley slide as there is not enough clearance ot allow proper run off. At least that applies to my model.

Hope this helps!
donzinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 10:05 AM   #240

North Carolina
Don,

Thanks. I guess that's about right then... and yes it helps because if I can only put it on 2 out of 3 slides, I may as well not put them on at all.

Thanks,

Mark

orangecrush is offline   Reply With Quote