Water pump - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 12-03-2020, 10:03 PM   #1

Virginia
Water pump

I have a 3605 Voltage (2018) and my pump is not working right and is getting louder. On my last stop I had city water hooked up all night and in the morning
I had water running out of my fresh water tank. It was empty.
Questions:
1) Is the check valve built into the water pump?
2) Has anyone changed one? I am assuming I can get to it from the front storage area behind the wall.
3)Are there any recommendations from you all that have had to replace the pump? Looking for a quality and quiet one that I hope lasts longer than 2 years. (don't use it that much is the sad thing.)
Thanks Andy

Andy3605 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 07:21 AM   #2

Michigan
Shureflo!

About the best you can get

donzinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 10:31 AM   #3

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by donzinger View Post
Shureflo!

About the best you can get
Thom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 01:15 PM   #4

Virginia
Thanks, I will look online to order one. So is the check valve built into it, need to make sure I don't keep filling my fresh water tank.
Thanks Andy
Old 12-05-2020, 02:06 PM   #5

Florida
You may want to replace portions of the water lines with flexible water hoses in order to cut down on the noise. You can also place a rubber pad underneath the pump to further cut down the noise and "bamging" associated with the pump being on.

There was another thread here some time ago that went over how to quiet a water pump. While you are replacing it, good things to do.

frank
franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 03:15 PM   #6

Virginia
Thanks Frank. I will look for that thread.
Old 12-06-2020, 03:30 PM   #7

Florida
https://www.dutchmenowners.org/forum...ippi-8092.html
franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 08:56 PM   #8

Texas
I replaced mine and while I was in there it’s amazing how they had all the lines twisted like a big ball of Xmas lights. I cleaned up the routing and installed half inch rubber pad under my pump and things are working quieter now. While you’re under there check your shower drain. They have a hard connection from the shower drain and when your RV flexes it broke it and when I took a shower after a trip water was coming out everywhere. I changed it out to a flexible rubber hose. I have the 3895.
captwrk3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 09:24 PM   #9

California
Yes, there is a backflow valve built into the pump. Also, if the fresh water tank is empty the pump will be loud. You could take it apart and see if the check valve has any junk in it, although there should be an in line filter to prevent that. A new pump can be had for around $100. So, it may or may not be worth your time to take it apart. You should be able to find parts list/diagram on manufacturer's website.
Will59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 04:05 AM   #10

Connecticut
Adding an acumulator

You may want to add an accumulator tank. That will help with short cycling where the pump goes on and off quickly. I installed a 2.1 gallon one, ordinarily used as a hot water expansion tank in a home with anti backflow city water, since it was about the same price as the small one from sure flow and I had the space under the sink. My old Hi Lo had the small sure flow and I added the 2 gallon one to my new coleman. It quieted the pump considerable. Plus it will extend the pressure switches life.
kimbo@alum.mit.edu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 12:25 AM   #11

Florida
Hi Folks,
I have a 2019 Dutchmen Endurance 39' toy hauler, and I can't locate the water pump. We had a minor flood the morning we were supposed to be leaving our campsite, and I believe the "City Water" crossed through the stuck open valve and filled the fresh water tank to overfill. The water didn't flow out the filler tube because it wasn't open.
I am asking anyone that might know, where is the pump located so I can inspect it for debris or whatever made it stick open.
Thank you,
Mark

witchbiker is offline   Reply With Quote