replace fresh waterr tank - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Technical | Towing, Maintenance and Repairs > Plumbing, Water and Propane Systems
Click Here to Login

Old 04-17-2022, 10:50 PM   #1

Washington
replace fresh waterr tank

Hello...silly us, we bought a 2007 Eco Skamper 718 qb on Craigslist and trusted the seller. We tried to fill the fresh water tank and soaked the rug. The fresh water tank is GONE! We found this: https://www.icondirect.com/fresh-wat...wt1239-26-gal/

The measurements seem ok tho it must be slightly longer front to back then the original based on the screw holes in the frame. Luckily we have the brackets that will hold it in place.

How do we know if this will work? There is no inlet valve on it that we can see.
Thanks so much

Harland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 02:46 PM   #2

Florida
I would try recpro. They probably have the exact tank. Also, there are Rv salvage yards that you can purchase from. There may be other places that have the exact replacement tanks. Don’t buy the tank that will take modifying to make it work.

franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 03:44 PM   #3

California
replace fresh waterr tank

I would try and go after the seller. Did he claim everything was working? Assume you didn’t inspect it before you gave him your money? I realize you have little or no recourse but this is really shady if he was the owner and didn’t disclose the missing fresh tank.

I would also be very careful about putting any money in this trailer as who knows what else is broken or missing.

For instance, do the black and gray tanks exist and do they leak? What about electrical and battery system. Converter might not be there or could be broken. Just be careful about throwing good money after bad.

Good luck.

Tags
fresh water tank, replace tank, skamper 718qb