Voltage patio awning legs retainer. - Page 2 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 05-28-2013, 12:05 AM   #21

Wyoming
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aronious View Post
Ok! this is a visual walk through of extending the support legs on our 2012 Voltage 3905, shut your eyes and visualize the following,..
Aronious... thanks for the walkthrough. I just know I wouldn't have figured the whole thing out without it.

When this thread popped up, i remembered seeing something on mine that was like what was being described, but I was in a site for a few days where dropping the rear deck wasn't really practicable.

After I pulled into my new site today, I had opportunity to investigate and take some photos.

With the rear awning extended, here is the left side brace-leg as it sits in the retainer:

The next picture here shows the right side brace extended out of the retainer:

This next photo shows where the clip is located on the ramp floor:

This is the orange lever that needs to be flipped open to extend the brace fully:

At this point, set one end of the 'wing' on the end of the brace under the solid bar on the clip as such...

...and then you move the silver pin over the other 'wing' to secure it (in this case, the silver pin moves to the right):

When done, it will look like this:

Hope these pictures help. Thanks again to all for the thread, because without it, I wouldn't have even known these braces existed.

2018 BMW R1200GS RALLYE
ATCguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 12:39 AM   #22

Oklahoma
I have everything except the retainer plate on the patio floor. However, tomorrow afternoon I have a date with the dealer and I will certainly mention it to him.
I had to improvise to set my legs but this looks like the ticket.
Thanks for the pix.

sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 02:01 AM   #23

Michigan
ATCguy - Ya! Look's just like I remembered!! Great Pic's!!

Now, how in the heck did you get the text between the pic's? I've been trying to do that on about the last bunch of posts and it still doesn't work for me!
Two Harleys
Aronious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 02:21 AM   #24

Wyoming
I just type a bit... then click on the "Insert Image" icon above the message box (it looks like a yellow square picture)... paste the link to my picture in the pop-up box.... click "OK"... then type more info and repeat the process for the next picture... etc.
2018 BMW R1200GS RALLYE
Old 05-28-2013, 08:16 AM   #25

Michigan
Awww Crap! And I'm suppose to be a tec savvy guy! Don't tell the little woman! Haven't paid any attention to all the stuff up there. Been scrolling down to the "manage attachments" button below and uploading pic's as an attachment. How many years have I been using Word? Some days I get up and my brain stays in bed!!

Thanks for joining my support group!!

Got to stop into my dealer and worm a set of those retainer plates also.
Two Harleys
Aronious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 10:27 PM   #26

Colorado
When I finally got the dealer to install the retainer clips on my Voltage, they were installed on the back of the trailer outside the ramp door about where the handle for the awning crank in ATCguy's last picture is located. so the support leg goes at an angle from the back of the trailer up to the awning head. seems to work fine that way.
Dirt1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 12:11 AM   #27

My wife and I both looked at the great pictures and concluded our awning is made different that what is shown. Our has two scissor arms that crank outwards. Of course there is no clips to hold the legs. Please bear in mind the camper isnt here to see but the support arm is different. I am going to pick it up on Thursday. I will verify but for some reason my 2013 3200 Voltage is different. I will verify Thursday.
Thanks for the pics also. Job well done.
Tanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 12:32 PM   #28

Ontario
Thanks for the info/pics - EXACTLY what i was looking for! PS: I'm new to this RV'ing thing but gotta say I'm finding RV folks very willing (and quick) to help others. And love the humour in some of the comments! Thanks again.
2010 Yamaha YZ125
mikesnider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 02:55 AM   #29

I pulled the beast home today. First thing I had to see if these legs existed in my Voltage. After cranking out the awning low and behold there were the little guys. Hidden from view. I tried to open them out but couldnt get them out.. I will re-read the thread how to get them out. I did not get the floor clips either. I guess back to the dealer asap before the warranty runs out in a week or so.
Tanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 10:32 AM   #30

Wyoming
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanman View Post
... I tried to open them out but couldnt get them out.. I will re-read the thread how to get them out. I did not get the floor clips either. I guess back to the dealer asap before the warranty runs out in a week or so.
Those little 'wings' that fit into the retainer clips on the floor are what you have to manipulate to get the legs to release from the awning head. It's easier said than done, especially when you can't really see them. But once you do get them out, you'll understand how they fit in there, and be able to get them out easier the next time.
2018 BMW R1200GS RALLYE
Old 01-01-2014, 03:57 PM   #31

Arizona
Sorry folks. The part that I'm missing is how the legs slide out. They seem locked in place.
Do they slide out wards? They can't open towards you because the scissor arm mechanism is in the way. I must be doing something wrong!
jdmedhurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 05:34 PM   #32

Wyoming
Correct... They skies out wards from the top. It's a but tricky the first time you try it, as there's a little lip on the edge that you kinda have to lift the leg up & out over it.
2018 BMW R1200GS RALLYE
Old 01-01-2014, 06:51 PM   #33

Arizona
I figured it out! The orange handle pulls out to 90 degrees to release the leg! I wasn't pulling too hard so I don't break it! Hallelujah
jdmedhurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 07:35 PM   #34

Florida
You are so right. I have never delt with so much unprofessional behavior in my life. My voltage has been nothing but a nightmare that has cost me thousands and time loading and unloading to be repaired. 76 problems 22 fixed (most I fixed) 54 problems still remaining. 5 Months in the shop currently at the manufacture for 2 months still no answers. over 13 leaks and tons of water damage and they act like they don't understand why Im unhappy.
voltagenightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 08:44 AM   #35

California
could you possibly give me your contact info at Dutchman I'm having no luck dealing with customer service Thanks
buckeroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 11:05 AM   #36

Wyoming
Since this thread has come back up, I thought I'd take the time to show you a little modification I did to mine last week.

At the Tampa RV show last week, I noticed that most of the rigs there with the patio system didn't have the awning legs connected to the ramp/floor. Instead, the retainers were up on the frame above the locking-bar hinge. This appeared to not only be more convenient, but more stable since the legs weren't extended as far.

So the next day, I decided to move mine up there. Took about 10 minutes, and I think I'm going to like this much better:

2018 BMW R1200GS RALLYE
Old 01-21-2014, 12:52 PM   #37

Texas
That looks good. As others mentioned early in this thread, I never knew there were legs there to be extended. I checked and I do not have the retainer brackets either. I guess I'll have to figure something out.
soonernation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 02:40 PM   #38
Chapter Director

Send a message via Skype™ to gonervn
Ohio
that mod looks a lot better! if we ever quit getting snow and single digit temps i'm going to change mine, thanks
Findlay, Oh.
gonervn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 02:58 PM   #39

Oklahoma
Good job, but you gotta have 'em before you can move 'em.

I guess mine are still in the shipping que. April last year the dealer ordered them so it should be any day now.
Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 03:07 PM   #40

Nevada
Tom;
Good idea I am going to do this and come up with something to use in place where they were removed, as I used them to strap down rails so they would not move while in transport.

2017 Dodge Ram 3500 DRW
2014 Voltage 3200
2005 FLHTCI
eightydo is offline   Reply With Quote