New to forum - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 06-10-2020, 11:02 PM   #1

Idaho
New to forum

New to this forum. Been around other forums for awhile now.
Just purchased a 2020 Voltage 3635 toy hauler. Looking forward to reading everybody's posts! Any "heads up" about Voltage toy hauler would be appreciated!

littlemick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 11:12 PM   #2

Alabama
Warning! They are a lot of fun...

Revere411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 11:18 PM   #3

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemick View Post
New to this forum. Been around other forums for awhile now.
Just purchased a 2020 Voltage 3635 toy hauler. Looking forward to reading everybody's posts! Any "heads up" about Voltage toy hauler would be appreciated!
Welcome! I’m rather new myself, and just purchased our first RV. First trip scheduled for next weekend!
Rick-Astoria 2773RB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 04:29 AM   #4

Ontario
Welcome to the forum. You will finds lots of information and some very knowledgeable people on here as well. A few things to remember:
1. We love pictures
2. There are no stupid questions
3. We've probably made the same mistake
4. Add a signature block so when you do ask questions we can see what type of RV you own.
5. Always remember the trip is important as the destination, and
6. RAM is the best. (well maybe not the last one)

Have fun and enjoy your rig as much as possible and again welcome to the forum.

2014 Ram 3500 Laramie 4X4 CTD
2011 Dutchmen Denali 262 RLX
drogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 05:08 AM   #5

California
Looks like you have a two axle like my 3305. Similar length and weight but design changes inside.

One of the biggest challenges many of us have with this model is the suspension. The leaf springs are Chinese made and pretty bad/weak. I had one replaced under warranty but the replacement was really no better. I ended up replacing all 4 leafs with 7 leaf American made by Triangle and also changed the shackles and hangers. Much safer and better stability now.

Keep an eye on yours and watch to see if they flatten out.

The good news is turning is easier with a two axle and less tires to deal with but the challenge is the weight capacity is much higher per tire so you need an E range tire which eliminates almost all quality trailer tires and truck tires aside from a few. The three axle guys can go with truck tires because the weight capacity needed per tire is less but we can’t or at least that I could find but Goodyear makes an Endurance brand that is made in USA and seems to be a good one.

Lots of posts on suspension and tires on this site. Check your tires frequently and consider tire pressure monitors. You need to run them at 80 lbs cold if you want to max the cargo capacity.

It’s a great rig when it works but not the best quality. The good news is pretty much any problem you encounter one of us already had and we can help. Also, not really a ton of cargo capacity if you have a heavy toy like a RZR so keep that in mind.

Oh and watch the slide motor under the wardrobe. When retracted you can see it pretty easily and that motor likes to rip itself from the wall as it is held in place by small wood screws. Poor design.

I do enjoy mine but it gives me some headaches that is for sure.

Good luck!
Old 06-18-2020, 04:21 PM   #6

Idaho
Toy Hauler

Thanks for the welcome! I just traded in a 2016 Keystone Carbon 347 for this Voltage. The Carbon had a lot more payload than the 3536. We were wanting a little larger living area, so we chose this one.
I do run a tire pressure monitor. I haven't had a failure as of yet, but have heard all the horror stories about them. Tires are load range F so that is a plus. I will keep an eye on the suspension. I do haul a side-by-side and know i am approaching my weight limitations.
I have read a post about the wardrobe slide motor mounting bracket, so I will need to check mine.
Looking forward to joining this forum and gathering information. Safe travels to everyone!

littlemick is offline   Reply With Quote