Show off your Mods - Page 18 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-25-2014, 02:11 AM   #341

North Carolina
I just leave mine connected…. that way if I need it, it's there.

The extra few inches it sticks out isn't that bad, you just gotta watch it which I do anyways.

Mark

orangecrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 09:24 PM   #342

Virginia
Progress on Voltage Mods to Galley area.

Finally making some progress on changes I'm making to the Voltage. The 3200 galley leaves a lot to be desired for usefulness. Storage at a usable height is the biggest problem so that is key to what we are changing. The attached photos are of a cabinet I put together to install. It's mounted on wheels so we can move it and fasten it down while in transit. When we make camp it will sit in front of the non-opening side of the glass slider to the garage. The biggest addition will be the two drawers for silverware, something that the 3200 does not have. The top door has a magnetic white board so we can keep notes/shopping lists, etc.

As I progress and get things installed I will take more photos of the project inside the Voltage. Don't hold your breath though, I've got a lot on my plate now, and it's winter.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Cab-1.jpg
Views:	308
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	1660   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cab-2.jpg
Views:	289
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	1661   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cab-3.jpg
Views:	292
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	1662   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cab-4.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	1663  

DR Buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 06:04 PM   #343

Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by waytoogood View Post
Just finished a couple more minor mods to the 3895 Voltage.
First I made up a holder for the loft/bunk bed ladder. That thing is always in the way. I just bought a multi clip holder at Lowes and screwed it to the wall in the garage between the forward electric bunk bed rail and the window. Now it stays there up against the wall out of the way all the time when not in use. (see pictures)

Second was something that drove me crazy. In the shower under the shower controls is a round acess panel. Dutchmen installed regular sheet metal screws in that panel to secure it to the wall. Trouble is it gets wet every time you use the shower and were very rusted and started to stain the shower wall with rust. I simply replaced all of them with stainless steel screws. No more rust !
your lucky, my 3950 does not have that panel installed in my shower! not sure how to get to faucet connections....
poplejeune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 06:37 PM   #344

Michigan
One can be installed pretty easily, but my 3950 has it - good thing - my connections were loose.
donzinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 03:13 PM   #345

Maryland
Completed my Voltage 3600 basement remodel using tips from macman83 and calewjohnson. Before and after pics attached. Rerouted several electrical wires, water lines and added a Progressive Industries EMS HW50C surge protection system to the shore power side. Able to move one wall back 2 inches for additional storage space and replaced the panel covering the wet space with a sliding clear panel for easy inspection and access.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Basement Before 1.jpg
Views:	325
Size:	33.6 KB
ID:	1701   Click image for larger version

Name:	Basement Before 2.jpg
Views:	311
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	1702   Click image for larger version

Name:	Basement Before 3.jpg
Views:	314
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	1703   Click image for larger version

Name:	Basement After 1.jpg
Views:	355
Size:	21.8 KB
ID:	1704   Click image for larger version

Name:	Basement After 3.jpg
Views:	389
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	1705  

Name:	Basement After 5.jpg
Views:	360
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	1706  
CDMEY3600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 06:01 PM   #346

South Dakota
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDMEY3600 View Post
Completed my Voltage 3600 basement remodel using tips from macman83 and calewjohnson. Before and after pics attached. Rerouted several electrical wires, water lines and added a Progressive Industries EMS HW50C surge protection system to the shore power side. Able to move one wall back 2 inches for additional storage space and replaced the panel covering the wet space with a sliding clear panel for easy inspection and access.
Nicely done!

We're in the middle of doing something similar to our V3605. You open the panels and look at how things were installed and just shake your head ...
2003 H-D FLHP/2010 H-D FXDC
xhogboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 06:44 PM   #347

Nevada
Clear panel is a very good idea. I might have to do that.
Race Bikes
Brandt51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 10:12 PM   #348

California
xhogboss,

I would love to see pics, might take a look at my 3605 down the road!!
Old 01-04-2015, 08:05 PM   #349

Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by donzinger View Post
First of many. Propane QD for the grill and smoker... My last rig I had this down below near the steps. Stole this idea from another member. I like the protection of having it in the propane tank bay and also like that it can be connected without leaving a door open.
Don- Any issues with the Tee installed after the regulator? This is the way I wanted to run mine but read that it needed to be Teed off before the regulator.

Phil
2014 Voltage 3950 Epic III
2016 Ram 3500 Diesel 4wd, Long Horn Dually long bed
Moto4play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 09:37 PM   #350

Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto4play View Post
Don- Any issues with the Tee installed after the regulator? This is the way I wanted to run mine but read that it needed to be Teed off before the regulator.
Moto4play - if you keep the regulator on the grill, you will want the QD before the regulator on your rig. I removed the grill regulator and used a QD in it's place so I installed after the coach regulator. Do NOT go without a regulator in place in some fashion! Hope this helps.
donzinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 12:20 PM   #351

Maryland
I have done a few mods already, with a couple in progress...
We have added a pull chain to the living room lights over the sofa, now we can use the sconce lights by themselves. This is my wife's favorite so far.

Yesterday, I added a power inlet to the garage. We full-time, my son's room is the garage, and we find ourselves using 30 amp almost exclusively (annoying at best).
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

I started the reframing of the basement yesterday afternoon. Moved the subwoofer and vacuum over, which freed up a lot of space, and mounted the transfer switch to the same board the converter is mounted, off the floor away from the plumbing.

[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Hoping to finish the basement today, then hunt down some baskets for the propane storage areas.

Cale

TH: 2014 Voltage 3950, Sailun S637 all around
calewjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 12:37 PM   #352

Virginia
Hoping to finish the basement today, then hunt down some baskets for the propane storage areas.

Cale[/QUOTE]

Here is what I found and used for a basket. Worked well, I will try to post a finish pic later today.
ClosetMaid 9-3/4 in. D x 7-7/8 in. H x 17 in. L Hanging Basket for Wire Shelving-6222 - The Home Depot

Phil
Old 01-10-2015, 12:40 PM   #353

New York
Cale, one of my favorite mods is the pull string in the bathroom so I can turn on the fan without a ladder - but we have a Rubicon and not a Voltage - you may already have a wall switch for that!!!!
Nana & Poppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 12:46 PM   #354

Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nana & Poppy View Post
Cale, one of my favorite mods is the pull string in the bathroom so I can turn on the fan without a ladder - but we have a Rubicon and not a Voltage - you may already have a wall switch for that!!!!
No switch, my 5 foot even wife hates having to turn the fan on. I am thinking of putting an Air Maxx fan in the bathroom. It has a remote. I am leery about having too many pull strings with the kids and cats. We have come in before to see the cat jumping and trying to swing on the pull string by the couch.

I am also thinking about trying to devise a way to mount a fan in the wall of the half bath. Even with the window open, the is nothing to pull the odor out once myself or the son finish using it. Neither of the girls use that bathroom. My daughter will do the cross legged jump dance until the main toilet is available.

Cale

Old 01-10-2015, 12:50 PM   #355

Maryland
Quote:

Cale
Here is what I found and used for a basket. Worked well, I will try to post a finish pic later today.
ClosetMaid 9-3/4 in. D x 7-7/8 in. H x 17 in. L Hanging Basket for Wire Shelving-6222 - The Home Depot[/QUOTE]

Hmmmm, those will be great, and the Closet Maid uses gives me some ideas for the basement and the closet beside the front door.

Cale

Old 01-10-2015, 12:51 PM   #356

Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by calewjohnson View Post
No switch, my 5 foot even wife hates having to turn the fan on. I am thinking of putting an Air Maxx fan in the bathroom. It has a remote. I am leery about having too many pull strings with the kids and cats. We have come in before to see the cat jumping and trying to swing on the pull string by the couch.

I am also thinking about trying to devise a way to mount a fan in the wall of the half bath. Even with the window open, the is nothing to pull the odor out once myself or the son finish using it. Neither of the girls use that bathroom. My daughter will do the cross legged jump dance until the main toilet is available.

Cale
I have the same unit and all three fans have wall mounted switches. Did you get a Friday model?

Phil
Old 01-10-2015, 12:54 PM   #357

New York
Quote:
I have the same unit and all three fans have wall mounted switches. Did you get a Friday model?
I thought that the Voltage might have the wall switch......
Nana & Poppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 01:19 PM   #358

Maryland
Quote:
My main bath has the crappy 12volt bargain fan. I know the Air Maxx was an option, but this doesn't have it. However, that is not to say that this was a Friday model. I dropped the forward belly last week to check water connections after I found the aft black flush fittings loose, only to find the tank heating pads not really connected to the tanks....

Cale

Old 01-10-2015, 01:26 PM   #359

Virginia
Quote:
My main bath has the crappy 12volt bargain fan. I know the Air Maxx was an option, but this doesn't have it. However, that is not to say that this was a Friday model. I dropped the forward belly last week to check water connections after I found the aft black flush fittings loose, only to find the tank heating pads not really connected to the tanks....

Cale
I think we all got a little of this, just different areas for each of us. I guess it depends on who was screwing up when yours was being built and how long it took someone to catch it or replace them on how many it affected.

It's crazy how much money we all spend after the fact, just making things right!

Phil
Old 01-10-2015, 03:01 PM   #360

Wyoming
Quote:
...Yesterday, I added a power inlet to the garage. We full-time, my son's room is the garage, and we find ourselves using 30 amp almost exclusively (annoying at best).
Cale
Am I to understand you had no electrical outlets in your garage? Mine has 4...

- 2 on the wall, one on each side by the ramp door...
- 2 under the wall mounted cabinets by the sliding glass door, one on each side.

Quote:
My rig came with 3 FanTastic fans... 2 of them with wall mounted switches (LR & Garage), and 1 el cheapo push-button fan in the bath. I replaced that one with a remote controlled FanTastic fan with a rain-sensor.

I think a lot of the differences some of us see on our rigs is whether we have have the added upgrade packages or not...and the year they were built. In re the Voltage line of units, we have the base model and Epic packages. Epic 1... Epic II... Epic I & II together (2013 - early 2014)... Epic 3 (2014)... Epic 4 (late 2014 -current).

With all of these different option packages being offered so close together... sometimes even in the same year... it's no wonder there's very little consistency between our rigs.

2018 BMW R1200GS RALLYE
ATCguy is offline   Reply With Quote