Going to Purchase Voltage 3950 Epic II - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-28-2013, 04:32 AM   #11

Washington
An update is in order here. I have been rather busy lately, but we ended up having the trailer delivered instead of going and picking it up as planned. Cost was just over $2000, but worth it, kinda. The delivery guy didn't seem to be very knowledgeable about trailers OR towing, not a very good driver in my eyes either. But, it made it. Other than the waste oil container that leaked from the back of his truck all over the front underhang of our brand new trailer, was not pleased, to say the least. Anyway....

Trailer was delivered on May 11, ended up spending a couple nights in it just before the movers left on June 19th. Then at the new house, the previous owners did not leave pleasantly, and it took some time to fix the issues. So we lived in it for three weeks as we fixed up and cleaned the new house. Not happy about that either.

The dealer had inspected the unit before sending it on it's way, but some when before it left the outside ladder disappeared. They sent a new one right away, so no big issue. Other than that, the unit has been great, not a single issue has cropped up yet. We put it to good use for the first month we owned it, without actually going camping. Our first real trip will be next month for two weeks, can't wait.

I was real nervous spending this kind of money, specially with all the horror stories out there. But so far I couldn't be happier, everything has worked well, and no issues as of yet. Have used and tested all systems, every thing has worked as advertised. No leaks, anywhere, and I have been looking. Had lots of heavy rain, with all slides open, closed, you name it, washing it, no leaks. All the piping I have checked, that I can reach with out taking to much apart, and all is well. The only downside was not doing the walkthru, and having someone show me how EXACTLY all the systems work. Had to make some calls to the dealer for ideas on things, but now I know it very well. The awnings are one thing I had to call on, of all things. They said "push the button that says out", I said no sh(t! But they would not go out, turns out the first operation you have to give them a little pull while someone is pushing the button. They worked fine, but until I pulled on the arms, the motor would struggle and stop, I didn't want to bend or break my new trailer so I made the call, all good.

We ended up getting a new '14 with some of the new updates, but mostly a '13 for features and the Epic II package, which I am told is no longer offered, either Epic or not. I hope you have as much fun and good luck as we have had with ours. Got it for about 65% of MSRP, was way worth paying for delivery and the small ladder hassle with the savings.

Here are some pics, one of the oil mess. Absolutely LOVE this trailer, was very worried, but it's all good. Has been great, but a bit of warning. They are HEAVY!! Squatted my truck more than I thought it would. I have airbags, so not an issue, but watch how you load it, lots of pin weight already. My is about 16.7K lbs. right now, ready to roll out camping. Minus some groceries and beer, maybe some more clothes.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1257 (Medium).jpg
Views:	294
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	584   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1279 (Medium).jpg
Views:	283
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	585   Click image for larger version

Name:	Trailer Issues To Address  (9).jpg
Views:	296