Gray Water Tank(s) - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-01-2020, 01:43 AM   #1

Texas
Gray Water Tank(s)

The specs on my trailer (2020 Dutchmen Astoria 2773 RB) show one gray tank with 56 gal capacity. Went on first trip this past weekend, and when I began the process of draining the tanks I found two gray handles and one black handle. I opened them one at a time and had drainage from all 3. Is it common for trailer specs to be wrong? Does this mean I have two 28 gal tanks? Two 56 gal tanks? Some other combination equaling 56 gal?
First time owner and have full expectations of problems as I go, but felt like I might be able to count on the specs being right.

Rick-Astoria 2773RB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 01:52 AM   #2

Texas
Your black tank is 28 gallons, with what you described I would bet you have two 28 gallon grey tanks. Probably set up as sink and shower.

Old 07-08-2020, 10:11 PM   #3

Oregon
Do have two or three dump hose outlets?

Two hose outlets?; the first draining from two valves, one black one grey, and the second from a grey? i.e., you have 3 separate tanks. Your control panel should be indicating 3 tanks.

If you close the first hose outlet(s) and leave the second open, you should be able to run water from the kitchen sink directly into your sewer connection for the duration of your hookup.

If you have a T hose fitting, you can run separate hoses to each of the two outlets and let your grey water run free for both. (But keep the black tank valve shut.)

Close the grey valve at the black tank outlet valve a day before you decamp. Before departure, open the black tank valve and empty. Then close the black valve and flush with the remaining grey water.

If you don’t have a T, you will need to switch out the lines to empty all three tanks.

How many gallons each tank holds? You’ll figure it out.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 12:47 AM   #4

Texas
Thanks for the information! Two drains w/3 valves. Control panel indicates 2 grey and 2 black, but one black never showed any accumulation so must have only one black - which is what I would say is accurate for a 31’ 1 toilet TT. The two grays showed 2/3 full after 2 full days, as did the 1 black. I purposely didn’t let the gray drain until ready to leave, wanted to see how full they would get with normal use.
Going out for 2nd trip this weekend- can’t wait! This RV’n is fun!
Rick-Astoria 2773RB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 03:24 AM   #5

Arizona
sounds like you got the typical Dutchmen walk thru
Yamaha YXZ is offline   Reply With Quote