Coleman 300tq - Page 7 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-19-2017, 04:47 PM   #121

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by donzinger View Post
Search eBay for Flex-Mend (FM-4108T) RV Belly Tape - this is product made for the chloroplast belly we have on these rigs. Works fantastic!
Hey Don,
Congratulations on your 1200 post! every one of them has been just as helpful as this one thank you for helping us newbies!

Thom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 04:52 PM   #122

Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thom View Post
Hey Don,
Congratulations on your 1200 post! every one of them has been just as helpful as this one thank you for helping us newbies!
I received allot of help from other members three years ago when I got my Voltage. Just glad to return the favor and share anything helpful.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

donzinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 08:57 AM   #123

Oregon
Sorry posted in wrong place
1l243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 09:02 AM   #124

Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgip2000 View Post
Have any of you installed an electric tongue jack?
If so, any recommendations?

Thanks.
I ordered one from Amazon. Easy install. One wire directly to the battery. Comes with inline fuse. Grounds when you bolt it to the frame... The one I got is rated at 3500# does a good job.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 06-22-2017, 09:24 PM   #125

Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1l243 View Post
I ordered one from Amazon. Easy install. One wire directly to the battery. Comes with inline fuse. Grounds when you bolt it to the frame... The one I got is rated at 3500# does a good job.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Thanks. I ended up picking up a 3500lb Stromberg Carlson.
sgip2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 07:40 PM   #126

Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgip2000 View Post
Have any of you installed an electric tongue jack?
If so, any recommendations?

Thanks.
I installed the Husky Electric tongue jack with the 4500lb capacity. Works great.
Casper50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 07:45 PM   #127

Colorado
Quote:
How are you guys dealing with the sealed underbelly when adding D Rings and backing plates?
I'm not sure if you have been under the rear of the trailer but there is no enclosed underbelly back there. The only part of mine that is enclosed and heated is were the fresh water tank is. Other than that is open aside from tarp and insulation above that, maybe a few inches thick. You can see where the self tappers come through the floor and into the frame or the thin metal plates they installed for an anchor point.
Old 06-26-2017, 11:48 PM   #128

New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper50 View Post
I'm not sure if you have been under the rear of the trailer but there is no enclosed underbelly back there. The only part of mine that is enclosed and heated is were the fresh water tank is. Other than that is open aside from tarp and insulation above that, maybe a few inches thick. You can see where the self tappers come through the floor and into the frame or the thin metal plates they installed for an anchor point.
Hmmm, I had not noticed that yet. Saw it under the middle and guess I never noticed the front and rear. Just had to go out and look lol.

That makes it a bit easier, I could also see the stupid self tappers coming right through the insulation and into a pretty thin piece of metal. I can see that's upgrade coming before I load anything back there.
Old 06-27-2017, 12:15 PM   #129

Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmurdock View Post
Hmmm, I had not noticed that yet. Saw it under the middle and guess I never noticed the front and rear. Just had to go out and look lol.

That makes it a bit easier, I could also see the stupid self tappers coming right through the insulation and into a pretty thin piece of metal. I can see that's upgrade coming before I load anything back there.
Yeah, its kind of cheap but makes doing repairs a whole lot easier. I'm still trying to figure out how to attach the outer ones. They have self tappers running into the frame and I'm not sure if bolt will work in that but I'm going to have to try.

I have put my dirt bikes back there on some long trips without any issues so far but I am going to have to fix that real soon.
Old 06-27-2017, 02:00 PM   #130

Massachusetts
following .. am thinking of putting a power jack on mine also
Mongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 09:26 PM   #131

New Hampshire
Quote:
Yeah, its kind of cheap but makes doing repairs a whole lot easier. I'm still trying to figure out how to attach the outer ones. They have self tappers running into the frame and I'm not sure if bolt will work in that but I'm going to have to try.
I just installed the sway control that came with the WDH, and they went grade 8 metal screws to go into the frame. Maybe that's the solution for the ones that go into the frame. Just get the right size, or even drill up to get a bigger bolt. The ones on the sway control were pretty good size and I was able to crank them in nice and tight.
Old 06-30-2017, 02:18 AM   #132

Oregon
Quote:

I have put my dirt bikes back there on some long trips without any issues so far but I am going to have to fix that real soon.
Casper is correct the portion where the water tanks are sealed with Coroplast and heated. The rest of the trailer is sealed with a membrane and some thin insulation but it's still sealed. if you cut through the membrane your going to have to reseal it with some kind of sealant tape.

Just a mention on self tapping bolts. When I installed the Anti sway friction bars on my trailer the self tapping bolts were crap and would not get tight. Luckily I found out right away before I drilled anymore holes. I got some quality self tapping bolts from Fastenal. They worked great. Make sure you drill the rights size hole for the self tapping bolt...
Old 07-02-2017, 06:35 PM   #133

Oregon
It seems that Photobucket a free picture hosting site I have used for years has stopped allowing free third party postings. What this means is you now have to pay $399 a year or all the pictures you ever posted will be gone. Since I won't pay the Ransom all my pictures that I have posted to threads to make them more interesting are not gone!

Billions of postings over the www have been affected..
Old 07-02-2017, 10:58 PM   #134
Site Team

North Carolina
Quote:
It seems that Photobucket a free picture hosting site I have used for years has stopped allowing free third party postings. What this means is you now have to pay $399 a year or all the pictures you ever posted will be gone. Since I won't pay the Ransom all my pictures that I have posted to threads to make them more interesting are not gone!

Which is why I use multiple sites. I had Webshots, they went Tango Uniform, moved to Flickr and Google... so far so good. I know it messed up a couple of blogs at the time.

Aaron
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 11:12 PM   #135

Oregon
Quote:

My post should have said NOW gone not Not Gone. Looks like I will be looking for a new hosting site. I feel sorry for those that had blogs or ebay business using phototbucket for a hosting service.
Old 07-04-2017, 04:31 AM   #136

Indiana
Does anyone load a full size street bike with the hitch not connected? I have a little drag when loading with the trailer connected. I've heard the trailer should be hitched, and I've also heard to lower the rear end of the trailer for loading.
finsgm00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 06:20 AM   #137

Oregon
I load a full size street bike but I don't drag. I load up with the trailer connected because I drag the trailer out of the RV Port before loading. I have 1500# of tongue weight and I would have no problem loading the bike without it being hooked to the truck as long as I have the rear jacks down.

I have a friend who has to load his street bike with the trailer not connected to the truck and with the trailer raised up in the front so the rear is lower.
Old 07-24-2017, 09:30 PM   #138

Oregon
Anybody bought a 2018 300tq yet? I was not happy to see that the 2018 300tq went to a full size ramp door and nice mag wheels and selling for less than I paid for m 2017! Not that I don't think it a great idea, I just don't like big style changes in the same model right after I buy one. Oh well, I guess those who buy the 2018 will be happy!
Old 07-27-2017, 11:27 PM   #139

Oregon
Quote:
Anybody bought a 2018 300tq yet? I was not happy to see that the 2018 300tq went to a full size ramp door and nice mag wheels and selling for less than I paid for m 2017! Not that I don't think it a great idea, I just don't like big style changes in the same model right after I buy one. Oh well, I guess those who buy the 2018 will be happy!
I don't have a 300, but a 250. And yes, it does have a full size door and aluminum wheels, but the rear sofas are bolted to the studs with short and narrow bolts and pull out of the studs easily. The mount on the 2017 seems much better. Also, the 2018 has "stainless steel" range and microwave.
sgip2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 01:07 PM   #140

New Hampshire
Just found a 360 view of the 2018 330TQ and noticed a few more differences. I also really wish the dealer knew enough about these to mention the new ones coming just a couple weeks after we bought ours. The price I've seen was about $800 less than what we paid. I like a few of the changes, but not others. Still would have liked to see the 17 and 18 and make a informed decision.

See for yourself: https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=Xe...1&utm_source=4

Here's what I noticed...
Obviously full width ramp door with beaver tail in the garage.
Upper bunk only comes half way down instead of all the way to the open sofas.
City water connection was moved to the slide out side.
There's some sort of outlet or switch above the exterior front right storage door. (maybe inside lights, generator connection??)
Alloy wheels.

Now seeing the rear door with beaver tail, it looks much nicer. Not a fan of beaver tails floors while sitting there, but it doesn't look like to much of a drop, so maybe not to bad. I'm guessing it does make the ramp steeper as it doesn't look like they've got the full extra 4 feet we have with the ramp extension.

Really not a fan of the rear bunk not coming all the way down. The bunk is the queen size, so great for adult friends vs kids. We are able to open the sofas, and bring that bed all the way down to almost hit them. No climbing needed, so much better for adults. I do wonder if the sofas are different and now meet in the middle though to make another queen instead of 2 small kid beds.

City water connection on the other side is a major plus. Really bugged me they couldn't spend the extra few $$ to plumb it 8 feet to the proper side. I did buy a 90 degree fitting to make the hose hang straight down as to not stick out into the seating area outside.

Curious about that thing on the front corner. Would have loved storage area lights, generator/solar connector, etc.

Alloy wheels are always a plus.

Anyone notice anything I missed??