Coleman 300tq - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 02-04-2017, 10:10 PM   #1

Oregon
Coleman 300tq

I am interested in any feedback on the Coleman 300tq Toy Hauler. I have owned several bumper pull Toy Haulers and to be honest it's the price that draws me to the 300tq. I am done paying 40k+ for a Toy Hauler of this size.

1l243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 12:11 AM   #2

Kentucky
Welcome...

BarryD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 02:47 AM   #3

Florida
I have the Coleman CTS 16 FB a lot smaller than what you are looking at, but there are only two of us and three chihuahuas. ours is built pretty well, wooden trusses and studs, aluminum siding and it pleases us, I did a few mods to "make it my own"
Old 03-03-2017, 01:14 PM   #4

Colorado
I bought a Coleman 300TQ back in October. It's a very nice trailer with a lot of bang for your buck. I was in the same boat as you. I'm not going to pay $40k+ for a trailer that I will pull around and camp with during the warm months.

So I did some shopping and I am very pleased with my purchase. I ended up haggling mine down to right at $18k because of the time of year I bought it and having ties with the GM of one of the Camping Worlds here in Colorado.

If you can handle a trailer with out some of the fancy/convenient stuff like the others have then this is a great trailer.
Casper50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 04:09 PM   #5

Oregon
I did buy a 2017 300tq Toy Hauler. I have to admit it was the price that got me there msrp 33.4k on sale for 23.4k. I compared the features to my last Toy Hauler a 30WR Work and Play which when I bought it new in 2011 was priced well but I had to drive over 1000 miles to get that price. That same trailer today in a 30WRS here on the west coast msrp is over 50k. Almost half the price. The W&P has FRP siding and where the Coleman has aluminum. The Coleman has a heated sealed underbelly the W&P did not. Coleman wired for 3 tv's the W&P wasn't. The Coleman has a electric bed in the Garage the W&P did not (but I think it was a option). Niether one has a generator but I carry my own.

I have only had the Coleman 300tq for two weeks and have not even used it yet but I think it will be a good fit.

I think they are selling well one dealer I was looking at had two now they don't have any!

Since I got the 300tq I added a electric tongue jack, Door grab handles, step carpeting, sewer and ladder storage.

Thanks for your comments.
Old 03-03-2017, 04:33 PM   #6

Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1l243 View Post
I did buy a 2017 300tq Toy Hauler. I have to admit it was the price that got me there msrp 33.4k on sale for 23.4k. I compared the features to my last Toy Hauler a 30WR Work and Play which when I bought it new in 2011 was priced well but I had to drive over 1000 miles to get that price. That same trailer today in a 30WRS here on the west coast msrp is over 50k. Almost half the price. The W&P has FRP siding and where the Coleman has aluminum. The Coleman has a heated sealed underbelly the W&P did not. Coleman wired for 3 tv's the W&P wasn't. The Coleman has a electric bed in the Garage the W&P did not (but I think it was a option). Niether one has a generator but I carry my own.

I have only had the Coleman 300tq for two weeks and have not even used it yet but I think it will be a good fit.

I think they are selling well one dealer I was looking at had two now they don't have any!

Since I got the 300tq I added a electric tongue jack, Door grab handles, step carpeting, sewer and ladder storage.

Thanks for your comments.
I also added the electric tongue jack, extremely nice upgrade.

Where did you get your door handles and what did you do for sewer and ladder storage? I am just getting into this trailer form a pop-up so I'm still trying to figure things out.
Old 03-03-2017, 05:20 PM   #7

Oregon
Double Post
Old 03-03-2017, 05:22 PM   #8

Oregon
I got the handles from Camping World

I did the vinyl fence post mod for the sewer and ladder storage and painted them black.
I put the ladder storage to the left of the rear steps and put locks on it so it won't walk away.

I put the sewer hose storage to the left of the front steps. The access is from the left side of the trailer.

I also added a second battery with power cutoff switch.
Old 03-03-2017, 05:44 PM   #9

Colorado
I am adding a second battery as well. What did you use to hang the fence posts? Also, what ladder did you put in there?

I was also considering moving the front stabilizer jacks to the upper frame just behind where the A-frame connects to it. Just for extra ground clearance. I have a feeling I am going to rip those off pretty quick.
Old 03-03-2017, 05:59 PM   #10

Oregon
On the vinyl fence post they sell them in 4" and 5" you want the bigger 5". Plus you want to get the end caps. One end is sealed off with a cap and screws and the other some use a hasp or lock of some kind or a bungee cord system. I used 5" L brackets with short 1/4" carriage bolts. bolting the L brackets to the fence post and to the bottom lip of the I frame of the trailer.
Ladder is sold in 6' and 7' you want the 7 foot.
http://www.campingworld.com/browse/s...FRBEfgodRJQJHA
Old 03-03-2017, 06:19 PM   #11

Colorado
That's pretty nice. Thanks for all of the info.
Old 03-04-2017, 03:28 PM   #12

Oregon
Casper did you mount a TV in your entertainment center bedroom or garage. I was wondering what size tv you used and what you ran into when you mounted the tv mounts as far as backing plates?
Old 03-06-2017, 05:14 PM   #13

Colorado
No I haven't done anything with TV's. I'm still not sure that I will even put any in but if I do it will only be the one in the kitchen area. I'm not big on watching TV or letting my kids watch it while we are up there.
Old 03-06-2017, 05:46 PM   #14

Oregon
Ha, I guess I am just the opposite kinda of an electronics junkie. The 300tq is wired for 3 TV's and by Golly I am going to put 3 TV's in there. Plus Mp3 and DVD. Now I just got to figure out how to wire in my portable satellite dish?

If you go over to the last post of the Coleman Owners thread you will see some pictures I posted there on the TV Mounting.....
Old 03-23-2017, 01:04 AM   #15

Maine
Purchased a new 300TQ last week and excited for summer. I was baffled it didn't come with a spare tire
Buddy Seymour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 01:26 AM   #16

Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy Seymour View Post
Purchased a new 300TQ last week and excited for summer. I was baffled it didn't come with a spare tire
And no TV's either.. I guess that's how they get the price down. But then they put a $2600 Electric Bed in the Garage that I will hardly ever use......

For your information...
I found a spare tire with matching wheel on Amazon for $85 with free shipping. I also found a 3500lbs electric jack by Lippert on Amazon for $150.

For best price I purchased the main TV at a major Department Store. I purchased the the two smaller TVs with DVD because nobody seems to carry built in DVD's with TV's anymore...

I'm still trying to figure out why they put the Fresh water and City water connection on the Right Side!
Old 03-26-2017, 03:40 AM   #17

Oregon
Casper and Buddy just giving you a heads up on the 300tq. After I installed a BAL Spare Tire Rack, the next day I was running wires under the trailer to the batteries on the tongue and looked up and what did I see... A spare tire winch near the front of the trailer!!!! I have to say I prefer the spare tire weight at the rear of the trailer and not on the tongue but don't know if I would have gone through the work or exspense if I knew I already had one...

BAL Tire Rack

Locked away

Can Hardly be seen
Old 03-26-2017, 01:32 PM   #18

Maine
Do you have a 300TQ 2/143?
Old 03-26-2017, 04:10 PM   #19

Oregon
Yes, a 2017 I just bought last month. I have not even used it yet still waiting for the sun to come out .....
Old 03-26-2017, 05:31 PM   #20

Maine
Lol. I guess I should re-inspect underneath. It is in storage at the dealer for a few more weeks. Too much snow here in Maine and no place to put it.