In Command Module Not working - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-23-2023, 02:46 PM   #1

New York
Unhappy In Command Module Not working

We purchased a 2018 Coleman light. On our first visit to work on getting set up, the command module was working. Today - the screen is blank, and nothing works in the trailer. The battery is connected, shore line is connected, pushed the reset button and power button on the module, but I get only a blank screen. Has anyone else had this problem?

Carol DeVries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2023, 11:09 PM   #2

California
Did you check the control board with the plastic cover and the big screw on dial in the center. There are fuses on that board and maybe the issue is there.

Are you able to use the phone app? If the app is working then the problem is likely the display.

But I am just guessing here.

Good luck.

Old 08-25-2023, 10:14 AM   #3

New York
In Command Module Not Working

I did open up the control board in the cargo area, and everything looked ok, but being so new at this, I wasn't sure what I was looking for. Am I basically checking that everything is connected and in place, or something else? I downloaded the app, and planning to pair it today. Thanks for your help!
Old 08-25-2023, 02:49 PM   #4

California
I think what you did on the control board as far as taking a look is what I would have done just to make sure there wasn’t anything obviously wrong.

As far as downloading the app goes you might have an issue connecting it to the RV because if I recall you need to make that connection using the touch screen which you are saying is not working now. Although it is possible you might be able to connect it just by trying to connect your phone to the in command system by looking for Bluetooth connections in your phones settings. I believe the in command system shows up as Jensen in the devices list.
Old 08-25-2023, 03:54 PM   #5

New York

Yes, I am not completely hopeful about having the phone app but it sounds like a good thing to have when all is well. I am also going to try disconnecting the power to the trailer, and reconnecting. Since the module was working perfectly last week, maybe it's similar to a phone or computer - it needs to be turned off now and then. We'll see. Again, thanks for your help with this. We love the trailer, and we're anxious to get using it!
Old 08-28-2023, 11:34 AM   #6

New York

Success! When we put a battery tester on the two batteries, both were almost dead. A battery charger brought up the charge, and immediately got the command module working again. It's a mystery why this happened, but a good reminder to keep a battery charger close by in case it happens again. Thanks for your help.
Old 08-28-2023, 03:05 PM   #7

California
Your batteries might be done. If I was you I would have them load tested. Batteries that go so low that they can’t even power on that low power display we’re in pretty bad shape.
Old 08-29-2023, 11:19 PM   #8

California
Also use one of these on the battery (s) when not using the trailer
Attached Images

Mike & Emily-Sacramento, CA
Our 4th trailer (2016 Aspen Trail 1900RB)
2018 F150 STX 2.7 Eco Boost
chily3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2023, 10:00 PM   #9

Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol DeVries View Post
We purchased a 2018 Coleman light. On our first visit to work on getting set up, the command module was working. Today - the screen is blank, and nothing works in the trailer. The battery is connected, shore line is connected, pushed the reset button and power button on the module, but I get only a blank screen. Has anyone else had this problem?
What can cause dead batteries?
Charger turned "OFF"
Main fuse blown
loose or corroded connection
entry door 12 volt switch turned "OFF"
disconnect switch near battery turned "OFF"
battery not disconnected or plugged in for storage

Plug into shore power. Measure voltage on battery terminals. If charger is working, voltage will slowly rise to more than 13.0 volts with in 4 hours. Modern chargers will regulate at 13.6 volts. Some will provide 14.4 volts for a period of time.

It may take 14 to 18 hours to fully charge a lead acid battery. Fully recharge during storage before voltage drops below 12.4 volts.

Lead acid batteries stored discharged for three months are probably dead and not recoverable. Stored at low state of charge for a few days is probably OK.

With every 12 volt appliance turned "OFF" a typical travel trailer battery will last one to two weeks before being to low to work.

There are 12 volt devices that are "always ON". This is referred to as "parasitic load".

See attached file for optional storage methods.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Storing Lead Acid Batteries.pdf (60.6 KB, 45 views)

persistent is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cdevries