Another mystery-TV mount removal - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Thor and Dutchmen Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 07-16-2019, 04:33 PM   #1

North Carolina
Another mystery-TV mount removal

I know there are not many Dutchmen Class c owners on here, but I'm hoping someone can solve a new mystery. I have a 32" Toshiba flat screen mounted in the compartment above the cab of my Dorado 26BE. It has a thin veneer surround, which is double taped on. I need to get it off the mount to run some additional cables (USB and HDMI). However, no matter what I have tried, I can't get the TV off of it's mounting system. It does not pull out, tilt out or side to side and it does not have a lip on top that it hangs on to. It does slide straight up about 6", but that's all it does. I can't get my hands behind it to plug the cables in either. I don't want to break anything, so I'm stumped.

jcgso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 06:06 PM   #2

Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcgso View Post
I know there are not many Dutchmen Class c owners on here, but I'm hoping someone can solve a new mystery. I have a 32" Toshiba flat screen mounted in the compartment above the cab of my Dorado 26BE. It has a thin veneer surround, which is double taped on. I need to get it off the mount to run some additional cables (USB and HDMI). However, no matter what I have tried, I can't get the TV off of it's mounting system. It does not pull out, tilt out or side to side and it does not have a lip on top that it hangs on to. It does slide straight up about 6", but that's all it does. I can't get my hands behind it to plug the cables in either. I don't want to break anything, so I'm stumped.

If it slides up you need to feel for the key holes. Think of a slot and then a hole. Get the hole lined up with the stud on the TV and she should come straight out to you.

Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 06:15 PM   #3

South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcgso View Post

If it comes up then pull at the bottom towards you. After the bottom comes towards you then try lifting up off the mount.

That is how one of mine works.

Good luck!
Old 02-20-2020, 02:55 AM   #4

Florida
Mine haz a pin under the tv pull that pin and the tv slides forward. I know this is an old thread but this nnay help someone else.
rvwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote