Cracked table and counter top - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Technical | Towing, Maintenance and Repairs > Interior and Living
Click Here to Login

Old 05-11-2021, 05:07 PM   #1

Illinois
Cracked table and counter top

I have a 2021 Kodiak 296BHSL with seamless countertop and table that looks like quartz. I have only had the camper in my possession for about 2 months of which the camper was back for service for some other issues from the manufacturer. Upon bringing the camper home on 5/4/21 I found that the table and counter had what appear to be cracks in them that were not there on our initial walk through. I don't suspect the dealer damaged them but that the cracks came from a manufacturing issue. Has anyone had this happen? The dealer was made aware and photos sent to get the process started but I will have to once again get the camper to them for service. Let me know if you know the manufacturer of the countertop or how to find them. There is no sticker under the table, counter, or bathroom vanity. Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2021-05-11 120430.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	6844   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2021-05-11 120508.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	6845   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2021-05-11 120532.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	6846  

Treetom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 04:47 PM   #2

Florida
They would probably need to order the table from the factory (if they have it in stock-good luck). The problem is that by now, they may have changed the table design and because they are assemblers, they usually purchase a number of those tables based on the number of units they forecasted to build. Get to them ASAP to make them change the table (even from another unit).

franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 07:42 AM   #3

Oregon
I surmise that you have engineered quartz or Corian tops. The table can be easily replaced, but it will likely never be the same as your counters. The counters will all need to be redone. If Kodak honors their warranty, I suspect that the work would be subcontracted out. You should negotiate with the dealer as to who does it, and what your choice of materials will be. In this fashion, the tabletop can be cut from the same slab of base stock, and then attached to your existing posts.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
counter, cracks, table