Air conditioners, the vent ducts are not working!!! - Page 5 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-21-2013, 04:02 AM   #1

Michigan
Air conditioners, the vent ducts are not working!!!

Okay, I tried out the air conditioners today and to say I am disappointed is truly an understatement!!

First I turned on the bedroom air. It cooled the bedroom and head just fine. I then closed the vents in the bedroom and head to check out how the rest of the duct system worked and frankly it did not work, at all

First I turned on the air in the kitchen. Lots of cold air came from the unit itself but zero from all the circle vents in the ceiling.

I closed vents on the unit and again checked the circle vents. Still no air coming from the vents.

Next I tried the "candle test." With the air running I lit a candle let it burn then blew it out. I expected at least a little air movement, however the candle smoke got sucked into the circle vent!

So next I tried the bedroom air after first turning off the galley air. I left all the circle vent closed. I first checked the slot vents in the living room with my candle. Nothing. The circle vents in galley, nothing. So what is the purpose of all the circle vents in the galley?

And one more thing, where do I find the filters for the air conditioner in the bedroom and the galley?
GOLDENYEARS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air conditioner, duct work, vents