Slides - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > General RV Related Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 09-07-2022, 03:12 PM   #1
Pop

New York
Slides

Hi i have a 2013 355FL...seems both bedroom slides and kitchen slide work off one switch....is there a way to operate them independently? Thanks for any response

Pop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2022, 09:37 PM   #2

Arizona
I'm sure there is if your can find the wiring diagram. And that's the rub... Finding the correct wiring for your trailer.

Otherwise, you need to check/find the wires to each motor... And write down the color coding used for each slide. Hopefully, each slide will use different color coding on the motor wires. Then pull your switch out. You need to see how they wired your one switch. Did they gang everything together? Did they use a buss bar? A relay? Once you figure that out, your should be able to separate the wires to each slide and add a switch for each.

On the other hand, if they used one set of wires for all the slides.... Then you will have to trace the wires to separate each slide. Or run your own.

I take it you only have a switch, not a remote control. If you do have a remote, then you may be able to program the board separately.
Actually sounds like a fun project. Will sure help you learn about your RV!
Good luck!
David

People, Places & Things...for over 40 Years!
videoarizona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2022, 10:11 PM   #3

Louisiana
On my 2013 a single switch operates a single solenoid with double action for in and out. This solenoid operates the hydraulics that move the three slides together. If yours works in this same way it would be more complex than another switch. Electric over hydraulic
cajunjlb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2022, 10:30 PM   #4

Arizona
That does make it more complex... But still should be able to find a way to separate them. Maybe add two more solonoids?
Be really crappy if one solenoid operates one hydraulic system for all three slides!
If one slide jams, the other two are SOL...
People, Places & Things...for over 40 Years!
videoarizona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2022, 10:45 PM   #5

Montana
Where ever your pump is there is a manifold that the hydraulic lines go into and come out of. I had 3 slides one switch and they would go out sequentially, there are knobs to control this, I put a mark at 12 o’clock on each one and I would close two and leave one open and hit the switch, pretty soon I knew which knob controlled which slide and if I only wanted on open I would close the other 2. When done turn the knobs back to 12 o’clock and they were where they started.
erhardd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2022, 12:41 PM   #6
Pop

New York
Thank you

Pop is offline   Reply With Quote