How to enjoy a Pandemic. - Page 3 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-07-2020, 11:41 PM   #41

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by azdryheat View Post
You might not realize it but this whole pandemic is an exercise in politics. Stay informed.

I am plenty informed. Probably more informed than most but I don’t need to come to this forum to read about your opinions of my governor or my State or how I lead my life.

The last place I will go to “stay informed” on this pandemic or anything political is this forum.

If I need an idea about how to fix my RV I will come here. If I can help someone out then I will do that too. I don’t need to read a bunch of posts explaining why the poster is so much smarter than the guy above him that also had an opinion.

If I am in the minority and everyone wants to pontificate then go ahead I guess and I will ignore it.

Have fun.

Old 04-08-2020, 08:00 PM   #42

Georgia
Let's All Play Nice, Remembering Our Manners

I just wanted to say something and that is to remember that no matter what:
WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER and yes, we should always leave Politics & Religion out of public forums.

Now let's all go back to RV'g or thinking about RV'g or planning our next trip OR how we assisted in this Pandemic...

Rockerga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 08:13 PM   #43

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockerga View Post
...WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.....
Uhhh. NO. Exactly the opposite. Don and Gavin say to stay apart, that’s exactly what I am doing. 😄
JTMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 08:19 PM   #44

Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockerga View Post
I just wanted to say something and that is to remember that no matter what:
WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER and yes, we should always leave Politics & Religion out of public forums.

Now let's all go back to RV'g or thinking about RV'g or planning our next trip OR how we assisted in this Pandemic...
Exactly! We have the obligation to ourselves and our family to keep them safe.

And a duty to keep others safe too as we can be super carriers although asymptomatic.

And to avoid politics (and crazy conspiracy theories) about the pandemic, just limit reading and keep information about it limited to official CDC and WHO sources (or the academic, John Hopkins).
Yosemite Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 09:45 PM   #45

Georgia
Lololol

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTMD View Post
Uhhh. NO. Exactly the opposite. Don and Gavin say to stay apart, that’s exactly what I am doing. 😄
...and pass the beer...SCOTCH! 😊🤙
Old 04-12-2020, 02:05 AM   #46

Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsol View Post
I am plenty informed. Probably more informed than most but I don’t need to come to this forum to read about your opinions of my governor or my State or how I lead my life.

The last place I will go to “stay informed” on this pandemic or anything political is this forum.

If I need an idea about how to fix my RV I will come here. If I can help someone out then I will do that too. I don’t need to read a bunch of posts explaining why the poster is so much smarter than the guy above him that also had an opinion.

If I am in the minority and everyone wants to pontificate then go ahead I guess and I will ignore it.

Have fun.
Where in this thread did I mention your state of your governor? All I said was politics was heavily involved in this virus. It's like asking this forum why my motorhome won't start when actually it caught fire and burned to the ground. It's the bigger picture, which affects our RVing activities. I understand some folks here don't want to hear about the realities of life so I suggest those people not venture into the threads that might contain disagreeable information. This thread has the word Pandemic in the title, which should be a warning sign.
azdryheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 05:50 AM   #47

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by azdryheat View Post
Where in this thread did I mention your state of your governor? All I said was politics was heavily involved in this virus. It's like asking this forum why my motorhome won't start when actually it caught fire and burned to the ground. It's the bigger picture, which affects our RVing activities. I understand some folks here don't want to hear about the realities of life so I suggest those people not venture into the threads that might contain disagreeable information. This thread has the word Pandemic in the title, which should be a warning sign.

When you said this entire pandemic was an exercise in politics I was simply saying that I didn’t think it was. While I agree it is being politicized by many including news outlets it doesn’t have to be entirely about politics was my point. Sorry if I inferred you said something negative specially about my State or governor. I was trying to say that when people start taking about politics that is an example of what happens.

If you feel it entirely about politics that is where I disagree. It is about a lot more than politics to me, especially when it touches people close to you—that is reality.

I saw a thread entitled “how to enjoy a pandemic”. I was thinking it would discuss what people were doing during a really challenging and stressful time. My family and I would like to camp and ride somewhere responsibly but we can’t find a single place to go as it seems like every single possible place to camp and ride is closed.

I can’t wait for this thing to pass.
Old 04-12-2020, 01:03 PM   #48

Georgia
Hey, Look At Me, Camping....IN MY DRIVEWAY!

Currently putting my RV in the cul-de-sac or leaving it in my driveway are currently my two options "legally" here in Georgia.
Sadly I recognize that the longer this Pandemic lasts and the more People it effects, the more “political” it is getting. The News Media is back at its best “Inventing new news” to divide us and then telling outright lies to divide us some more.
Why do we sheeple allow this to occur and allow them to keep doing so? The station I watch, when I watch (Mostly I get my News online, I personally have had enough of any Broadcast News Stations) will occasionally sensationalize or slant some story politicizing it.
I send them an email asking to refrain from lies and deceit once more that I will report them to the FCC. I typically get a canned response telling me that they did not do such a thing. I keep sending anyway, maybe if we all did this it would send a message.
I do not care to hear any news slanted in any direction, it repulses me for them to think I am that stupid. I just want the news media to TELL (Not create or politicize it) THE ACTUAL NEWSWORTHY OCCURRENCES OF THE DAY like they did when I was growing up much more so than now.
Lastly, being a Veteran I am a little different in the way I support my Leaders and President, but I support my Government Leaders until I go to Vote, then I use my Vote to let them know how I feel, not before. I support my President, my Governor, local elected Officials and if I disagree with the way any elected official does their job, I use my vote to alter their future in that position when it comes time.
Old 04-14-2020, 12:53 AM   #49

California
All the talk that Arizona is turning away those from other states is pure B.S. Just got back from a great weekend trip to Parker.. some water skiing and target shooting! Didn't see a single cop the entire trip. Polish Sausages on the camp fire.. great convo late into the night.. afternoon naps.. decent hiking with the dog.. I cant wait to retire

2019 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Tow Vehicle w/ factory towing package
Old 04-14-2020, 11:53 AM   #50

Georgia
Quote:
All the talk that Arizona is turning away those from other states is pure B.S. Just got back from a great weekend trip to Parker.. some water skiing and target shooting! Didn't see a single cop the entire trip. Polish Sausages on the camp fire.. great convo late into the night.. afternoon naps.. decent hiking with the dog.. I cant wait to retire

I am envious, ENJOY IT FOR BOTH OF US!!!
Old 04-21-2020, 11:53 AM   #51

California
Wow.. I had not expected this..
Although my company closed I'm still working remotely as much as I can - and my salary has not stopped. They are learning that for some functions, telecommuting actually can work, word is they're going to allow some of the covid changes to become permanent. I'm going to be allowed to work remotely "at will".
I wish I had found this company decades ago.
Also.. my house payment, truck payment, credit card payment, and airplane hanger rent have all been "forgiven" for three months!
Add to that the so-called "stimulus" payment that I don't need, didn't ask for, and cant refuse..
Looks like Madison and I will be doing a lot more camping...

Old 04-21-2020, 12:07 PM   #52

Georgia
Quote:
Although my company closed I'm still working remotely as much as I can - and my salary has not stopped. They are learning that for some functions, telecommuting actually can work, word is they're going to allow some of the covid changes to become permanent. I'm going to be allowed to work remotely "at will".
Also.. my house payment, truck payment, credit card payment, and airplane hanger rent have all been "forgiven" for three months!
Add to that the so-called "stimulus" payment that I don't need, didn't ask for, and cant refuse..
Well, Brother, all I have to say is you are truly Blessed and to ROCK ON!
Old 04-21-2020, 02:35 PM   #53

California
Quote:

Glad your income is unaffected and perhaps when factoring in the relief you are getting is actually better as a result of this thing. Consider yourself lucky and better off than most of us. I hope you might consider donating to first responders, food banks, American Red Cross or some organization that can help those in need.
Old 04-22-2020, 12:22 AM   #54

Tennessee
Quote:
airplane hanger rent have all been "forgiven" for three months!

It's lovely that your airplane hanger rent is being forgiven when so many are struggling to provide their basic needs. Try to exercise a little common sense when posting.
Old 04-22-2020, 11:48 AM   #55

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwest450 View Post
It's lovely that your airplane hanger rent is being forgiven when so many are struggling to provide their basic needs. Try to exercise a little common sense when posting.

Well look.. the comment sheriff showed up.

There's absolutely no relation to my rent being forgiven and other's presumed struggles..

Old 04-22-2020, 04:02 PM   #56

California
@JTMD, there is a good chance all of your debts are not being forgiven but rather deferred and you will still owe the money in the future. I work in commercial real estate and typically the deferred rent is either added up and spread out over the remaining lease term in equal amounts or the lease term is extended by the same amount as the months deferred and the rent is paid in the end. It is really unusual for the landlord to just forgive the rent and not defer it.
Old 04-22-2020, 05:02 PM   #57

Wyoming
Regardless of whether the rents are 'forgiven' or merely 'deferred'... I think there are a few of us here who are fortunate we're not facing hardship during this time.

But there are certainly many out there who are. I know there are many people all around me here in Bullhead City, AZ who are now facing dire financial issues, with this thing now well into it's 3rd month.

I was at the grocery store the other day, and I bumped into one of the dental techs who treated me a few times before Christmas. She said of the 9 techs in the shop, she was one of the 7 laid off since they are only allowed to handle urgent cases now... and her husband, a manager of a jet-ski rental place, is out of work too since that's not considered an essential business. They have 2 kids... haven't had a paycheck in over 8 weeks now, and have no idea when (or even IF) they'll see another one any time soon.

It truly makes me feel for those people, as I've been there in the past... basically living paycheck-to-paycheck.

That said, I'm now a federal retiree... and I know that no matter what happens, or what ups & downs my savings portfolio may take, my pension check is gonna show up in my account every month. And with the various travel restrictions (or recommendations, whatever)... most entertainment options & national parks closed... I've actually been saving money over the past few months.

But if it weren't for this thread, I'm not sure I'd go around and advertise that fact. I sure as hell wouldn't say that to the tech I mentioned above. To do so would be as tone-deaf as billionaire David Geffen was when he posted pictures of his "quarantine" on Instagram from his 454-foot mega-yacht, with the message: “hoping everybody is staying safe".

Just a little food for thought...
2018 BMW R1200GS RALLYE
ATCguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 10:37 AM   #58

Illinois
Well said Tom.
Rusty
2005 Harley Ultra Classic w/too many miles
lcv800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 11:25 AM   #59

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsol View Post
@JTMD, there is a good chance all of your debts are not being forgiven but rather deferred and you will still owe the money in the future.

well you're right about the house payments and such, but the hanger rent actually is being forgiven. the hanger is owned by a private party but is on county land, the county provided funding to those leaseholders with the understanding benefits be passed to renters, the majority of which are operating businesses. My future rent payment wont be altered because of this. (aside from the usual bi-yearly $5 increase.. which is unbelievable)
Bottom line, cash flow for the next few months has greatly improved which, as I ORIGINALLY said.. was totally unexpected.

Now, to you snowflakes that are SO concerned about those who are having struggles: your efforts to make me feel guilty fail.
I too know people who have been adversely affected, and have children and grandchildren that could benefit from assistance - and are getting it. Guess where that cash flow is going?

Other than admonishing others on a website, what are you doing about it?

stuff it.

Old 04-23-2020, 01:27 PM   #60

Tennessee
Quote:
stuff it.

Homemade or Stove Top?