16FBS comparable models - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-05-2023, 12:44 PM   #1

North Carolina
16FBS comparable models

Howdy all.

I'm new to this forum, but I've been a long time tent camper. My wife and I are looking to get off the ground and get an RV now that were in our mid '50s.

Been looking at RVs for years but have just recently gotten in the financial situation where we could actually afford something.

We've looked at enough campers to know what we can tow and the floor plan we like. I haven't seen a 16 FBS in person but I've been in enough to know that this is the floor plan that would suit us best.

Are there any other comparable models? I have been in many with similar floor plans but they're all 7 ft wide. Are there any other 8-ft wide 3200 lb models with a rear bath? I know there is a Dutchman Aspen trail comparable model that I don't know the model number or if they even make it anymore.

I can't find a Coleman 16 FBS local.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

JmBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2023, 03:09 PM   #2

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by JmBrad View Post
Howdy all.

I'm new to this forum, but I've been a long time tent camper. My wife and I are looking to get off the ground and get an RV now that were in our mid '50s.

Been looking at RVs for years but have just recently gotten in the financial situation where we could actually afford something.

We've looked at enough campers to know what we can tow and the floor plan we like. I haven't seen a 16 FBS in person but I've been in enough to know that this is the floor plan that would suit us best.

Are there any other comparable models? I have been in many with similar floor plans but they're all 7 ft wide. Are there any other 8-ft wide 3200 lb models with a rear bath? I know there is a Dutchman Aspen trail comparable model that I don't know the model number or if they even make it anymore.

I can't find a Coleman 16 FBS local.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
IF you can make it, there is an RV show here in Tampa that takes two to three days to see PLUS they DEAL! https://www.frvta.org/show/florida-rv-supershow/

I went to a smaller RV show there in Seiverville in February or so but the Tampa show is the largest in the southeast. IF you can hold out that long. the savings on the RV will probably pay for the trip down here,.

franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2023, 12:09 AM   #3

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by franktafl View Post
IF you can make it, there is an RV show here in Tampa that takes two to three days to see PLUS they DEAL! https://www.frvta.org/show/florida-rv-supershow/

I went to a smaller RV show there in Seiverville in February or so but the Tampa show is the largest in the southeast. IF you can hold out that long. the savings on the RV will probably pay for the trip down here,.
Thank you for the suggestion. I have a few friends in that area. If we don't find something local we'll see.

Any other true queen size bed, rear bath models under 3500 lbs dry?
JmBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2023, 01:16 PM   #4

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by JmBrad View Post
Thank you for the suggestion. I have a few friends in that area. If we don't find something local we'll see.

Any other true queen size bed, rear bath models under 3500 lbs dry?
You will save a pile of $$$ by purchasing at the show. I told my neighbor the same thing and he saved about 5K, especially on Sunday when the sales guys/gals are desperate to make that final sale. Also, the vendors are willing to take a discount (expect for the RV sellers booths like camping world and general) so they don't have to drag the stuff back and save on shipping charges. Also, Lippert is there and they usually give coupons to apply to on-line shopping and free shipping. I bought two chairs and a table at over 50% off.
franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote