Remove voltage Slide Trim - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-03-2020, 05:09 PM   #1

Florida
Remove voltage Slide Trim

2016 Voltage 3200 with BAL Accu_Slide cable system to move slide in and out. The slide needs adjustment and probably a gearbox replacement as it stops once about 3/4 of the way in everytime it is retracted. Any tips for removing the trim so that I can get to the adjustment mechanism and gearbox? Is it a one person job? I would also welcome any tips on where to purchase the R25076-1 gearbox and bracket as they seem to be backordered in places I have checked online. Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Voltage Slide Trim.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	6459  

GeorgeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 12:12 AM   #2

Iowa
I didnt remove any of my trim. Brought slide half way in. Put supports outside. There is room to work over the top off trim. Got the gearbox/motor combo from amazon.

bdegasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 04:20 AM   #3

California
Bought mine from a place called RV Auto parts on line early last month. $161 delivered. I got the original motor and gearbox. They make a high torque motor too. I think it was 2 days from the time I ordered until it showed up at my door. Didn’t remove my trim and it was a one man job (my mobile RV tech). Took him maybe 2 hours. He said the tricky part is marking where the chains are on the sprocket so you don’t have to make any adjustments after the install. If you have to make adjustments he said it is a real pain to line up.

Are you sure it is the gearbox? In my case I had a rhythmic thumping which was no doubt every time the broken teeth made a revolution.

If yours is hanging up in the same spot I would think it might be something obstructing the slide but that is just a guess.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1796.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	5.9 KB
ID:	6461
Pic of the broken teeth. We could have just replaced the gearbox but I decided with the same labor charge I would be safe and do both.

Good luck.
Old 09-04-2020, 11:47 AM   #4

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsol View Post
Bought mine from a place called RV Auto parts on line early last month. $161 delivered. I got the original motor and gearbox. They make a high torque motor too. I think it was 2 days from the time I ordered until it showed up at my door. Didn’t remove my trim and it was a one man job (my mobile RV tech). Took him maybe 2 hours. He said the tricky part is marking where the chains are on the sprocket so you don’t have to make any adjustments after the install. If you have to make adjustments he said it is a real pain to line up.

Are you sure it is the gearbox? In my case I had a rhythmic thumping which was no doubt every time the broken teeth made a revolution.

If yours is hanging up in the same spot I would think it might be something obstructing the slide but that is just a guess.

Attachment 6461
Pic of the broken teeth. We could have just replaced the gearbox but I decided with the same labor charge I would be safe and do both.

Good luck.
Not sure it is the gearbox, just a rookie guess after reading forums and repair tips about the product. The left lower corner of the box is about 3 in from the stop when the right side comes to stop against the support bracket so I figured I would try to get the slide squared up first by adjusting the cables and then see what happens. I haven't found any obstructions to cause the stop so far, but this is all new to me. I may end up going the mobile tech route if I decide to replace the gearbox, I just need to have one one hand.
Old 09-04-2020, 11:49 AM   #5

Florida
I'm going to give it a try without removing the trim then. Thanks
Old 09-09-2020, 09:08 PM   #6

Illinois
You need a plastic pry bar, and separate the end pieces on the top piece, then slip the plastic flat bar between the trim and ceiling and gently pry it all the way across a little at a time. Once it comes off, then you unscrew the top stop from the top of the slide and have full access to the cable system. There are some videos on youtube that can help guide you too. Don't use a metal one, it can damage the trim pieces with the hard edges, the plastic ones are less likely to cause damage.
acdii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 10:09 PM   #7

Illinois
No need for a pry bar of any sorts. The middle block is only held on with a couple of screws. Once that is off there is more than enough room to work on the motor/gearbox combination. Been there and done that. You may need to more the slid out most of the way, but it can all be done from the middle of the slide room.

'04 Honda GL1800
lightfoot is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide adjustment, slide trim on voltage, slideout issues