Garage vent - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 04-10-2018, 01:31 AM   #1

California
Garage vent

I have a2018 dutchmen endurance 3556. I am look at adding a 3rd A/C or. Powered Maxx Air vent.

The question I have does anybody know if there is power located up by the manual vent or do i need to run power. I am asking before i start removing the current vent.

Thanks in advance.

Dano5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 04:07 AM   #2

Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dano5 View Post
I have a2018 dutchmen endurance 3556. I am look at adding a 3rd A/C or. Powered Maxx Air vent.

The question I have does anybody know if there is power located up by the manual vent or do i need to run power. I am asking before i start removing the current vent.

Thanks in advance.
I don't have a Endurance 3556 but I have installed a extra AC before. My 2 cents your thinking of adding a 3rd AC maybe trying to snag some 110 power near the vent location. I don't think that is likely and besides your would really to have that vent prewired for a AC with it's own circuit breaker. Since I don't think you can run 3 AC's at one time I would think it would have to be wired in a way where you had to choose which two AC's you wish to run at one time.

Now for a powered maxx air vent you are just looking for a 12 volt power source. You will have to pull the vent valance on the inside of the trailer and take a look. A much easier and cheaper option unless it's prewired for a 3rd AC?

One suggestion is you could consider a portable AC one that you could vent through a window or garage side vent and plug in independently to the power pedestal

1l243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 11:36 PM   #3

Indiana
There should be a 12v power under the vent shroud. It might be pushed behind the hole in the panel on the rear of the vent opening. It will most likely be either a green/white or pink/white wire. The factory puts a wire loop there Incase someone wants to install a power vent fan.
DutchmenClassic04 is offline   Reply With Quote