3200 hitch height - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-07-2023, 12:54 PM   #1

Virginia
3200 hitch height

Hello everyone, I am slated to pick up a 2015 voltage 3200 tomorrow that is 4hrs away from home, and would like to know what the pin height is at level to the ground. It's a pain to adjust the height on my 5th wheel hitch so I'd like to get it close before picking it up. Additionally, where it is parked is somewhat at the bottom of a hill, facing up the hill so I can't just drop the front legs and measure it in place...id have to hook it up, move it, then disconnect, measure and adjust my hitch. I may have to do that regardless, but if I can get it close to correct height beforehand, it might same me some time tomorrow. I have not had a 5th wheel connected to this particular truck or hitch so i don't remotely have a decent starting point to go off of. Any measurements would be helpful. I'm picking it up with a 2020 ram 3500 drw with max tow package and puck system in the bed. It's a curt a30 hitch

Griffsyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2023, 02:32 PM   #2

Wyoming
Ok, I just went outside and measured mine for you. But in addition to the considerations you mentioned, you may need to also consider the type of king-pin the rig has. I'll explain that a bit more later.

Here's a photo of my 2013 Voltage 3200 sitting beside my house. As you might be able to see, it rests on a slight DOWN-slope... but the rig is level:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4339.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	7545

That said, here is the measurement from the king-pin. It's right at 43 ½ inches.

Name:	Pin Height.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	7542

However... here is what I meant about the type of king-pin. Without trying to confuse you, I'll just say that Dutchmen provided different types of king-pins on Voltage models, depending on the various upgrade option packages the rig was built with. So your Voltage may have one similar to mine... or it may just be a standard one.

In any event, mine is equipped with an air-bag assisted king-pin box, which potentially makes the actual pin a bit lower than one without such a model.

Name:	IMG_4338.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	7544

I tried to get a decent photo of me holding the tape measure for you to see... but with only two hands, I couldn't get the correct angle. However, from the top of the king--pin box, to the bottom of the actual pin is right at 17 inches:

Name:	IMG_4336.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	7543

Hope this helps...

2018 BMW R1200GS RALLYE
ATCguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2023, 02:43 PM   #3

Virginia
That helps a lot, thank you so much. I'll add some pics to this thread when I pick it up!
Griffsyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2023, 11:27 PM   #4

California
Mine is 51”
larrypride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2023, 12:48 AM   #5

Arkansas
Just a thought, but your better off an inch to high than an inch to low. So if in doubt, set it high. You can fine tune when you get home.
Roy J is offline   Reply With Quote