Dutchmen Infinity Quality - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-22-2014, 11:34 PM   #11
Djs

Utah
I recently bought a 2013 used Infinity 3640RL from a local dealer with no warranty because I am pretty handy. I traded in a 2006 Keystone Challenger 32'. Many years ago I worked for 5 months in a mobile home factory during a furlough from my government job. I found that the workers, for the most part, were uneducated and unskilled. I assume this is the way it is in the RV factories. They take anyone they can get and hope for the best. I made a lot of repairs to my 06, but never thought I'd have to do so much with my newer Infinity. I had three leaking windows - all in the living room and entertainment slides. I found a great way to fix them. You take the inside frame off of the window, spray window foam insulation (flexible) between the window frame and the wall. When it is cured, cut off the excess with a sharp knife. Then re-install the inside frame. There's no way they can leak now. I found that they cut the window holes a bit too large and the outside window frame could not seal properly. I don't have any issues with the other windows (yet). I found that the king bed frame was not supported properly (sagging) and had to put supports under it. The Maxxair electric vent caps in the kitchen and bathroom were cracked around the areas where the support rods connect. They both leaked when it rained. I used silicone rubber on the inside of the vent caps and put self leveling lap sealant on top of the caps. They are supposed to have a lifetime warranty, but not for me. Yesterday I replaced the plastic screw cover trim on both sides of the Infinity under the cargo bays because they were cut too short and there were gaps on both sides. Anyway, those are the major issues I've had so far. Poor quality and poor craftsmanship, but I will make it better than it ever was coming out of the factory.
Djs is offline   Reply With Quote