Slide Out Needs a Nudge? - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-10-2020, 02:50 AM   #1

Texas
Slide Out Needs a Nudge?

I just purchased my first trailer, currently parked in the driveway waiting for campsites to come available but taking this time to get to know the trailer, get it stocked, etc.

The last few times I’ve had the slide out, when I hit the switch to run it back in, I get nothing. I go outside, put my shoulder on it and push - not really even that hard. Try the switch again and it comes in just fine. Has happened on both battery power and shore power.

Is this something that should just be expected with slide outs? Would simply lubricating help? Should I take it in for repair? I fear I would get the dreaded “unable to duplicate issue” if I took it in.

Any thoughts from your RV experiences would be greatly appreciated. We have our first trip in a couple of weeks and looking forward to meeting fellow campers!

Rick-Astoria 2773RB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 03:16 AM   #2

Wyoming
Question: have you tried the switch a 2nd time before going outside?

Mine has had that particular glitch since new 7 years ago. To bring the slide in, I often push the rocker switch, and nothing happens. I wait 5 seconds or so, hit it again, and it works as advertised.

Like I said... been doing that 80% of the time since new. It’s like the system has to “wake up” or something. But, it’s always worked... and since it ain’t “broke”, I haven’t tried fixing it.

2018 BMW R1200GS RALLYE
ATCguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 04:07 AM   #3

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATCguy View Post
Question: have you tried the switch a 2nd time before going outside?

Mine has had that particular glitch since new 7 years ago. To bring the slide in, I often push the rocker switch, and nothing happens. I wait 5 seconds or so, hit it again, and it works as advertised.

Like I said... been doing that 80% of the time since new. It’s like the system has to “wake up” or something. But, it’s always worked... and since it ain’t “broke”, I haven’t tried fixing it.
Thanks for the reply. Yes, I tried it a couple of times each time it happened, but I don’t think I tried waiting more than just a couple of seconds. I’ll give it a little more patience next time and see if that works.
Old 06-10-2020, 09:59 AM   #4

Alabama
Do you know what system it is? Does it have rams with teeth under it, does it have cables, does it have a rack on the side of the box?
Revere411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 11:56 AM   #5

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revere411 View Post
Do you know what system it is? Does it have rams with teeth under it, does it have cables, does it have a rack on the side of the box?
It has cables.
Old 06-10-2020, 02:33 PM   #6

Florida
is the trailer level?
franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 02:43 PM   #7

Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick-Astoria 2773RB View Post
It has cables.
Call Michelle at Norco 574-596-8277.

I would think it is either the mini breaker is kicking out or the switch. This is located by the battery. One thing you can try is to try and operate if the slide does not move, go out to the battery right away and listen for a click. If you hear a click and then you go in and try it again and it works, you know it is the mini breaker.

Also if you have the In-Command control, you may want to call ASA. 877-845-8750
Revere411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 05:26 PM   #8

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by franktafl View Post
is the trailer level?
Yes.
Old 06-10-2020, 05:27 PM   #9

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revere411 View Post
Call Michelle at Norco 574-596-8277.

I would think it is either the mini breaker is kicking out or the switch. This is located by the battery. One thing you can try is to try and operate if the slide does not move, go out to the battery right away and listen for a click. If you hear a click and then you go in and try it again and it works, you know it is the mini breaker.

Also if you have the In-Command control, you may want to call ASA. 877-845-8750
Thank you! I will look into those solutions.

Tags
slide out