Pleated blind replacement - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-24-2021, 04:52 PM   #1

Maryland
Pleated blind replacement

I have a 2012 Kodiak 284BHSL, one of the side window blinds string broke. I decided to order the United Shade blind string repair kit, some time after ordering it I decided to watch an install video, the guy said if you have the imported type with the P/I BAU part number this kit won't work, of course thats what mine is. I'm assuming that if you try to take this type apart they probably break, but dont know. Has anyone fixed this type, or ordered an entire blind replacement? I would kind of like to order the same thing so dont have to mess with figuring out putting up a different type. Don't want to use the dealer because they aren't very helpful. If I do a search for this part number it doesn't come up on the internet. Its P/I BAU1119, its a 26"x22".

Wakeisland53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 05:24 PM   #2

Wyoming
I have the pleated day/night blinds in my Voltage.. and like you, the string broke in mine.

Camping World sells a "First-Aid" kit to repair it. It too is from United Shade, so I'm not sure if it's the same one you got. But if not, while a little tedious & time consuming (if I remember correctly it took me about 45 minutes to an hour to complete)... it worked as advertised when I repaired mine.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Blinds Repair Kit.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	7174

Here's the link:

https://www.campingworld.com/pleated...Fblinds-shades

If you want to try to find a direct replacement, I'd try calling or just looking it up at Trekwood Parts.

https://www.trekwood.com

Just enter your year, make & model... and if it's available, they should have it.

2018 BMW R1200GS RALLYE
ATCguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 05:31 PM   #3

Maryland
Yeah this is what I got too but according to the United Shade video my type isn't compatible with this kit, the imported kind like mine with the plastic rail and BAU part number. You probably have the aluminum rail kind I'm guessing.
Old 09-24-2021, 05:53 PM   #4

Maryland
Update, United Shade just called me back about this question, they say you can do these type too with their kit, she doesn't know why the video or instructions say you cant, so, will give it a try at some point. I already have the kit here.
Old 09-29-2021, 10:00 PM   #5

Delaware
Shades

I replaced mine with roll up shades. After stringing several times I decided I would go with them. MCD is one manufacturer.
Delzey is offline   Reply With Quote