Coleman owners - Page 8 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-12-2015, 02:38 AM   #141

Florida
Did a few more mods on the Expedition 16 , I installed the front stabilizers, changed some of the interior lights for LED's,
Checked everything out and found the reefer was a little to cold, (20 deg) I have it set up for gas and elec now.
Mounted the TV, and changed the antenna head to a Jack head.
Getting ready for the trip starting Sunday, (1st trip out) only 4 days and one of those is a check up on my recent back operation and hopefully setup the surgery for the upper region.

Old 04-13-2016, 01:39 AM   #142

Washington
Anyone have a 2015 Coleman CTS15BHC or similar? I am looking at one for $9,000 that was only used twice and owners decided they wanted a bigger one. How good is this particular trailer? It will be our first trailer as we tent camped all these years, but now getting too old for tent camping. If I'm correct, Coleman, Dutchman & Thor are the same?

jack64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 01:21 PM   #143

Nebraska
Mounted the TV in my 192RDS this past weekend. Didn't snap any photos but I decided to use the cabinet instead of the wall. Something just told me to not drill into the wall. It was made easier when I realized how high the mounting plate was in the wall. Would have had the TV rubbing the ceiling.
Chaz Drago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 01:40 PM   #144

Florida
Hello- I too have a Coleman, a 2015 Coleman Expedition LT - CTS15BH (19ft) purchased in 9/2015. I tow it with my 2008 Ford Explorer. I call my TT Dora and my tow vehicle Diego (the Explorer). I am looking for an owners' manual or a schematic of it so that I know where things are or if I want to drill! It took 7 tries to find a stud for my TV wall mount!! (stud finder I had was a POS)
PR RUM007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 01:46 PM   #145

Florida
I do! Mine is a 2015 TS-15BH (19ft) sleeps 4 - 2 bunks-twin, 1 dinette which folds down to full size. stove top, fridge, a/c radio, toilet and shower stall.
Old 04-21-2016, 02:01 PM   #146

Arkansas

Second trip this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
d_eggman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 02:18 PM   #147

Nebraska
Looks good D_eggman! I got everything turned on and going a couple weekends ago. Looks like my winterizing method worked. I know its not rocket science but I also know how bad things can be if it goes wrong. I was also worried about the quality of the mount that Coleman provided and concerned that my studfinder was being inaccurate. I didn't want 3 holes in the wall. That's why I decided against mounting to the exterior wall. The cabinet will hold the 20" that we put up as it has no weight. I may put a board in the cabinet where the screws go in to give it a bit more bite to keep the trim from coming loose though. Nothing like watching Lost in a camper out in the woods for realness.
Old 04-21-2016, 04:21 PM   #148

Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by PR RUM007 View Post
Hello- I too have a Coleman, a 2015 Coleman Expedition LT - CTS15BH (19ft) purchased in 9/2015. I tow it with my 2008 Ford Explorer. I call my TT Dora and my tow vehicle Diego (the Explorer). I am looking for an owners' manual or a schematic of it so that I know where things are or if I want to drill! It took 7 tries to find a stud for my TV wall mount!! (stud finder I had was a POS)
I have the 2015 CM15FBS. I downloaded most of the manuals for the appliances as well as the owners manual. There is not a schematic. I had to contact Dutchmen about where my holding tanks were as I wanted to make sure of which was which and where they were located. They reluctantly supplied the info but told me that any modification was going to void the warrenty. I bought it used last October so it only had a 30 day anyway.

2015 Coleman CM16FBS
2001 Chevrolet Suburban 2500
Crashogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 05:36 PM   #149

Florida
here is my tv hook up
https://goo.gl/photos/QSPQgzGtxnRVGYKM9

Old 05-04-2016, 06:29 PM   #150

Nebraska
Quick question, on my 192RDS the stripping around the storage area is folding out. I tried to wedge it back in but I think it has shrunk from being in the sun. What type of stripping is this and can I just pick up a 20' length to cut and reinstall?
Old 05-05-2016, 02:33 AM   #151

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaz Drago View Post
Quick question, on my 192RDS the stripping around the storage area is folding out. I tried to wedge it back in but I think it has shrunk from being in the sun. What type of stripping is this and can I just pick up a 20' length to cut and reinstall?
Chaz,

Are we talking about weather stripping? Like any of these. https://www.rvupgradestore.com/RV-Ga...eals-s/307.htm

Or is it a trim piece?

When I was a kid I was going nowhere fast, now I'm an old man I'm going everywhere slow.
hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 05:58 PM   #152

Nebraska
Apparently I need to look at it harder as there are a ton out there. Its the piece that surrounds the external door that goes to my storage. Its rubbery like a seal strip but the only thing its seals are the exterior rivets or screws for the door. Two screws hold each end in the circle in place and the rest of it pushes into a notch track.
Old 05-05-2016, 06:21 PM   #153

British Columbia
Chaz,

There are probably as many different weatherstrips as there are brands of campers.

What I do when I'm looking for something like a moulding or weatherstrip is, pull it out far enough that I can trace the profile onto a piece of paper. From there I can search for the profile, and verify the measurements when I find on the matches the profile.

Good luck in your search.

When I was a kid I was going nowhere fast, now I'm an old man I'm going everywhere slow.
Old 05-06-2016, 02:35 AM   #154

Florida
I looked at the windows of my 2016 Coleman CTS16FB, they are made so they can be put in either top up or bottom up, they have several plastic plugs that go into the top, (the bottom need to be open for drain holes, & of mine were missing. I informed CW and they are ordered from Dutchman under warranty and will be sent to me at home as I can install these myself rather than hook up and take camper to the shop.
If the plugs are missing on the top the window can leak and eventually cause a problem. Just something ya'll might want to check on your TT
Old 05-11-2016, 08:29 PM   #155

Florida
Cheap LEDs

Got 20 cool white 5 chip leds on eBay for 6 bucks. They work great but weren't bright enough and I don't really like the hue so I ordered 20 9 chip leds for 6 bucks in warm white should be almost twice the output of light. I think I'm going to use the 5 chip cool whites for the single fixtures over the head of the bed and for the stove hood light! Also ordered red led and amber led for marker lights.
2014 Coleman lantern expedition 274bh
Medic579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 11:47 PM   #156

Florida
Got the warm white 9 and 5050 less installed in the TT. They are great. And I used the cool white 5 and 5050 lights aver the head of the bed in the reading lights. Really happy with the outcome.
Medic579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 11:23 PM   #157

Colorado
I bought one 2 months ago, one trip only so far and 7 more ahead of me. So far I like it, don't have too much details but have everything you need. For the price is very hard to beat. The only bad I can say was get it from Camping World, definitely not the best place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
colopr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 03:14 PM   #158

Nebraska
Found a bird nest in my hood vent cover on my 192RD yesterday, cleared out what I could. Researching today shows that these vents have dampers. Does any one know if I just overlooked the fact that I can close the damper? D_EGG does your 192 have a damper on the oven vent?
Old 06-01-2016, 03:40 PM   #159

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaz Drago View Post
Found a bird nest in my hood vent cover on my 192RD yesterday, cleared out what I could. Researching today shows that these vents have dampers. Does any one know if I just overlooked the fact that I can close the damper? D_EGG does your 192 have a damper on the oven vent?
No you didn't overlook closing it. They are cheap plastic vents and the damper gets hung up easily. You can give it a shot of silicone and work it in.

You may want to put a screen over the vent to stop your feathered friends from moving in.

Old 06-01-2016, 03:53 PM   #160

Nebraska
I get what you are saying, is there a damper in there already? That's what I was curious about. I was more worried about pulling all of the nesting material out and I didn't even think to look to see if the camper had a damper in it already. I just assumed they put the cheapest part on there and it would be up to me to upgrade if I wanted.