Water pump location on 2021 Kodiak Cub 177rb - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-26-2021, 06:34 PM   #1

Alberta
Water pump location on 2021 Kodiak Cub 177rb

Do not want to sound too dumb here.......but how do you access the water pump on a 2021 Kodiak cub 177rb to winterize/dewinterize it.

I have located the hot water tank shut off valves in the bathroom behind a panel but for the life of me I can not locate the water pump. I can hear pump near the refrigerator but can not see any access to it for winterization.

I have emailed to 2 dealerships....no response. Emailed Dutchman and got a generic pdf on winterization but no explanation on how to access water pump itself.
Also did not see anything on youtube specific for 177rb.

kodiaknewbie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 09:36 PM   #2

Wisconsin
I have a Kodiak Cub. The water pump and antifreeze siphon and valve were under the bedside table. There was a panel held on using 4 screws.

You may have to disassemble a panel or pull out drawers. Every floor plan is different. Follow the sound of the pump.

I modified my panel with a knob and fittings for easy access. I travel in winter and frequently winterize.

persistent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 05:54 AM   #3

British Columbia
I just discovered the location of the water pump in our 2020 177RB by accident last week - take out the drawers under the stove and look into the opening.
Bratworx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 01:24 PM   #4

Arizona
not the same model, but I kept the tank full and let the faucet run and trailed along till I found it buried behind a drawer.. Had to Lay on the floor and stretch to get at it,, needless to say I moved mine to outside in my BBQ area.. couldnt believe how dutchman did stuff,, my ac duct was cut behind tv adn all the wires going through it to the converter,, then the duct cut again inside where the ac wiring it etc,, I cant believe I spent 40 K on that thing,,, well will be more thanks to the loan,,,,, you know the old saying wish I knew then what I know now..
rich2481 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 10:22 PM   #5

Alberta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bratworx View Post
I just discovered the location of the water pump in our 2020 177RB by accident last week - take out the drawers under the stove and look into the opening.
Thanks for this info.....looks like I will need to be Houdini to get in there and access pump....lol
Old 06-03-2021, 10:48 PM   #6

Alberta
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich2481 View Post
not the same model, but I kept the tank full and let the faucet run and trailed along till I found it buried behind a drawer.. Had to Lay on the floor and stretch to get at it,, needless to say I moved mine to outside in my BBQ area.. couldnt believe how dutchman did stuff,, my ac duct was cut behind tv adn all the wires going through it to the converter,, then the duct cut again inside where the ac wiring it etc,, I cant believe I spent 40 K on that thing,,, well will be more thanks to the loan,,,,, you know the old saying wish I knew then what I know now..
Thanks for the reply.....think I found it behind the drawers which need to be pulled out......like you said lots of stuff jammed in there. When I emailed Dutchman asking about location of pump they told me to take it to the dealer and provided little to no assistance .........disappointed with this very impractical lay out and lack of customer service by Dutchman
Old 06-03-2021, 10:51 PM   #7

Alberta
Quote:
Originally Posted by persistent View Post
I have a Kodiak Cub. The water pump and antifreeze siphon and valve were under the bedside table. There was a panel held on using 4 screws.

You may have to disassemble a panel or pull out drawers. Every floor plan is different. Follow the sound of the pump.

I modified my panel with a knob and fittings for easy access. I travel in winter and frequently winterize.
Thank you for your reply.
I think I located the pump in a very hard to reach spot behind the kitchen drawers which need to be taken out.
Old 06-03-2021, 10:59 PM   #8

British Columbia
The kitchen drawers come out quite easily - just a couple of tabs that need to be released. It would have been nice to know where to look in advance though. I winterized our trailer by blowing out the lines with a compressor so I didn't need to access the pump.

Bratworx is offline   Reply With Quote