Nice Place BUT!! - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Camping & RVing > Campgrounds, Waysides and Resorts
Click Here to Login

Old 07-05-2022, 07:33 PM   #1

New Jersey
Nice Place BUT!!

Stayed: 2022-06-30 to 2022-07-05

We reserved a 30 amp site with full hook-ups with cable as advertised at Beachcomber in cape may NJ.. Site number 801.. When we arrived it looked like we got what we asked for.. Then the fun began.

As a side note we have stayed there before and returned because we enjoyed our first visit very much...

First they gave us a box which was supposed to contain the cable box , 1 cable, power supply etc. Not all the parts were there!! So I Went to the office and was given the right parts. Installed the cable box but couldn't get the Cable to work. After their techs came out, they told me to call comcast. When comcast came the front desk wouldn't allow them on the site. GO FIGURE!!!!! It turns out that many of the other campers, I talked to, gave up on trying to get the cable to work as well ..

Next my EMS kept kicking out on low voltage, shutting down all power to my rig due to low voltage when I was only drawing 20 to 25 amps.. If I wanted a 20 amp site I would have asked for one. There should have been no problem at a 30 amp site, as I have no problem with my 30 amp plug at home.
For those of you who are non technical, low voltage to your ac or converter forces the equipment to draw more amps to compensate. Thats what causes electronics and motors to overheat and burn out!!!!
They sent a tech out who asked me what I wanted them to do?? Sorry to say, I know more about electric installation and problems than he did..

So we put up with the deficiencies for the 4 days that we stayed.

Couldn't complain about any thing else.. Nice courteous staff, well kept pool and lake. Lots or organized activities for kids and adults.
Sitting around waiting for the power/AC to come back on when temps are 90 degrees, with no cable, left me quite annoyed.
When I asked them for a credit due to the missing/substandard amenities They offered me 25$ off my next stay..
That location needs some serious work before I'll ever go back there..
Take my advice avoid site 801!!!!!!
https://www.dutchmenowners.org/forum..._angry-905.gif

Allentown, NJ
Firstime RVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 11:57 AM   #2

Florida
Sounds like it’s all about the money! Properly maintained Rv parks are a thing of the past in some places. They know they need to make upgrades but don’t want to put the investment in. IMO!
franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote