Water not pumping - 2000 voyager - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-05-2023, 01:58 PM   #1

Manitoba
Water not pumping - 2000 voyager

Hi there,

We just bought a 2000 dutchmen voyager pop up and the water line is not working. We filled the tank from our hose as we will not have hook up at the camp ground. The sink has a hand pump faucet and I can feel it pushing air as I move it, but no water will move up the line.

Epcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2023, 05:23 PM   #2

Florida
cover the faucet inlet on the back pump to try to prime it.

franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2023, 03:05 AM   #3

Manitoba
Okay, can I ask what the faucet inlet is?
Old 07-08-2023, 12:27 PM   #4

Wisconsin
There are many possibilities. Please post pictures of faucet and pipes for better advice.

A winterizing kit may have been installed. It allows pumping RV antifreeze into the pipes and faucet. The kit would have installed a valve in the suction line so a suction hose can be inserted into an antifreeze bottle. If valve is set to use antifreeze hose, it will only suck air.

A suction line air leak any where between faucet and tank will produce the symptoms you report.

If the faucet was frozen with water inside, the suction leak may be inside the faucet pump.
persistent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2023, 04:20 PM   #5

Wisconsin
If your water faucet setup is the same as mine in a older popup. When you are hooked up to water connection, you just turn the faucet knob to turn water flow on.
If you are just attempting to use water from your on board tank, you just pump the the handle up and down, without turning it.
wis-redneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2023, 01:10 PM   #6

Manitoba
Yes, sounds like we have the same old pump. I am using the on board tank. Pumping the handle makes the water move at the bottom of the tube, but never draws it all the way up the line. Not sure if it is a seal issue maybe.
Old 07-13-2023, 02:31 PM   #7

Minnesota
I vote for rhe winterizing kit. Symptoms are familiar. Many years ago (like 30-ish) the hand pump failed on my first RV, a Coleman Sun Valley pop up. Determined that an electric pump would cost about the same as a new hand pump. Electric won the day. That pump is still doing it as my kids now have the Coleman.
Snowman53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2023, 03:38 PM   #8

Manitoba
Thanks for all your suggestions! We did some work and found a leak in the city water hook up line - that now works fine. The pump from the tank is still poor, I have it solved sort of that if I cover the end of the faucet with my thumb while pulling the pump up, then it draws no problem! I assume it means that there’s a leak or weakened valve within the faucet This will do for now!