2024 Astoria 5th Wheel - Winterization - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-29-2023, 05:50 PM   #1

West Virginia
2024 Astoria 5th Wheel - Winterization

Struggling to get an answer from our dealer on how to perform winterization on our new unit. It's a 2024 Astoria 2533RDF. In the past I thought there was a bypass at the water pump that you could fill the system with antifreeze, but I cannot seem to get a good response from the selling dealer. It sounds like the water pump is licated around the kitchen sink but I cannot even figure out how to access it. Anyone have any suggestions? Sure would appreciate the help! Thanks in advance and safe travels!

WV Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2023, 05:55 PM   #2

Florida
Blow the lines out with air and fill the drains with antifreeze. Make sure you drain and clean the GUNK out of the hot water heater and make sure you have plenty of air coming out of the outside water shower connection.

This saves you from having to flush the system when you start to use it next year.

Welcome to the forum!

franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2023, 12:09 AM   #3

West Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by franktafl View Post
Blow the lines out with air and fill the drains with antifreeze. Make sure you drain and clean the GUNK out of the hot water heater and make sure you have plenty of air coming out of the outside water shower connection.

This saves you from having to flush the system when you start to use it next year.

Welcome to the forum!
Thank you Frank .... I was planning on bkowing out the lines but the dealer could not tell me how to access the water pump ..... after poking around behind the panel in the "basement," I found it on my own. This was the same dealer that told me that the "Unity Box" for the SoloOne system was behing the microwave (I knew better). I also located that in the same area as the water pump. Learning fast and I appreciate the advice. Be safe out there!
WV Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2023, 09:01 PM   #4

California
I can relate. I have a '22 Astoria, and the water pump, or hoses attached, bang quite loudly on the rear of the kitchen cabinet wall. As in your case, the dealer couldn't tell me where the water pump is or how to access it.... It seemed to be too high up to access via the basement, but after reading your post I guess I'll give that a shot.... Thanks...
Sgtstriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2023, 01:22 PM   #5

Michigan
You should have a winterization kit installed on the water pump. It's a hose with a valve attached where the input from the freshwater tank enters the pump. You simply put the hose into a jug of RV antifreeze and turn on your pump and circulate the antifreeze through the system one faucet at a time. Probably takes 15 minutes. I know all these folks say blow the lines out with air, it never gets all the water out. Also put your water heater in by-pass and drain it before you pump the antifreeze in. By-pass is important because that way you don't fill it wit antifreeze.
capeharj is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2533rdf, winterization