Yellowstone Nat'l Park - Fishing Bridge Campground Info - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > General RV Related Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 09-21-2022, 04:40 AM   #1

Wyoming
Yellowstone Nat'l Park - Fishing Bridge Campground Info

Hey guys & gals... just wanted to pass along some info that you may be interested in for next year or beyond.

Because of the destructive floods that occurred back in early June... just a few weeks after the park opened for the season... I've pretty much stayed out of Yellowstone this year, and is why I didn't share this earlier.

I'm sure most of you who've ever looked into it before know, RV camping inside the park has always been a bit primitive... and pretty much downright impossible for those of us with rigs over 30-foot total length (truck & RV).

Although there are 12 campgrounds in the park (not counting back-country sites)... there's only one that has full hookups, accepts reservations, and could possibly accommodate larger rigs (depending on size). And that was the E-Loop of the Fishing Bridge Campground/RV Park. But to be quite honest, you couldn't have paid me to tow my rig in there and stay. The sites were VERY small, everything was old & ancient, the support facilities like the bath-house & laundry were falling-down shacks from the 70s... and quite frankly it looked like a refugee camp.

Well thankfully... there's finally a decent option for us.

Since most of the crowds are gone now that the kids are back in school, and the summer's nearly gone... I decided to take a trip up there today. And while there, I took a little time to check out the newly redesigned area in the campground.

Over the past 2 years, the Park Service has invested an enormous amount of time & money upgrading all of the facilities in the Fishing Bridge area. They replaced the old bridge itself, repaved & improved 5 miles of roadway into the area from the east, the parking lots, General Store, Snack Bar, Service Station... and more importantly for us, the E-Loop & support facilities of the campground.

The 2 photos below are Google Map photos of the area... and I've circled the E-Loop in the first photo. A closer look of the loop in the 2nd photo shows how cramped the old small sites were. (the other loops to the southwest are for small campers & pop-ups))

Click image for larger version

Name:	Fishing Bridge E-Loop.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	7451

Name:	Old Fishing Bridge RV E-Loop.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	7452

I couldn't find any aerial photos of the new sites online yet, but let me tell you... they are NICE! They plowed up all of the old sites on the E-Loop, and redesigned the entire area. All of those sites are now single, pull-thru sites on concrete pads, with all new electrical boxes & water/sewer hookups. And there's plenty of room between sites, so you won't be cramped, or have to worry about your neighbors hearing your conversation inside the rig.

The sites of of varying length... but some can handle rigs up to 90-feet long! And though a few trees in-between the sites were saved, most of them were removed... so if you've got a satellite dish on your rig, you'll be able to capture a signal.

I guess my brain went on vapor-lock when I saw them, and I neglected to take any photos while I was there (DOH!!). But I may head back up there next week, so if I do I'll snap a few. But here are 3 that I found online at the vendor's website:

Name:	FB - New 1.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	7453

Name:	FB New 2.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	7454

Name:	FB New 3.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	7455

Now, most of there sites are already sold-out for June & July of next year for stays of 3-days or more. There are a few single days, and doubles... but there are some week-long spots available in the loop for August - October. Their reservation window is always open 13 months ahead of the present date... so it's not like they open it on a single day for the season. That at least gives everyone a fighting chance to reserve early and get what they want.

Anyway... not sure how many of you will find this information useful, but just thought I'd pass it on.

2018 BMW R1200GS RALLYE
ATCguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 05:14 PM   #2

California
Thank you for the information. Always helpful to see new RV parks.

Mike & Emily-Sacramento, CA
Our 4th trailer (2016 Aspen Trail 1900RB)
2018 F150 STX 2.7 Eco Boost
chily3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 09:23 PM   #3

Alabama
Thanks, ATCguy for the info. Last time I was there (many moons ago) it was impossible to camp there. In that same trip I stayed outside your area of Cody towards Yellowstone. We really enjoyed our visit to Cody and the people were great.
Livin the Life
OldOneTwo is offline   Reply With Quote