TV antenna - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-03-2020, 10:21 PM   #1

Idaho
TV antenna

We have a 2014 Denali 5th wheel that we purchased new in 2015. We have used it over the last several years, but recently purchased a recreational lot to park it on. Now that RV season is among us and we are in our RV more often we are trying to set up the TV's. There are two antenna ports in the unit. One in the living room, tv came with the purchase, and the other in the bedroom. For the bedroom we purchased a tv and upon plugging it into the antenna port and performing the channel scan we came up with 7 channels. However the tv in the living room has approximately 30 channels. This does not seem correct to me as there is only one antenna for the rv, one might assume that we would get the same channels on both tv's. Is this not correct?
If I am correct in assuming this what would be preventing us from achieving the same channels? Any suggestions that anyone has to fixing this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Hootsfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 11:12 PM   #2

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hootsfam View Post
We have a 2014 Denali 5th wheel that we purchased new in 2015. We have used it over the last several years, but recently purchased a recreational lot to park it on. Now that RV season is among us and we are in our RV more often we are trying to set up the TV's. There are two antenna ports in the unit. One in the living room, tv came with the purchase, and the other in the bedroom. For the bedroom we purchased a tv and upon plugging it into the antenna port and performing the channel scan we came up with 7 channels. However the tv in the living room has approximately 30 channels. This does not seem correct to me as there is only one antenna for the rv, one might assume that we would get the same channels on both tv's. Is this not correct?
If I am correct in assuming this what would be preventing us from achieving the same channels? Any suggestions that anyone has to fixing this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Make sure your tv is set to air and not cable.

franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 11:30 PM   #3

Florida
I've had same issues with a 2014 RLS 330. I'm an electrician with 50 years experience. There are splitters in the bedroom ceiling and behind the fireplace. Antenna feeds two tv jacks inside, one outside, and the dvd/radio. Every splitter devides the signal. Cable in the ceiling was pinched during construction and useless. Main coax entering the slide to living area tv had a loose badly installed connector. Only took me 5 years to find that. I replaced the crap crimp-ons from the factory with compression connectors. Added a booster amp in cabin. The two tvs now receive about the same channels. Unless the tvs are identical they probably will not tune the same.
GGreGG is offline   Reply With Quote