Question about mounting TV - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-28-2021, 04:35 PM   #1

Arkansas
Question about mounting TV

Hello all. I'm new here so I apologize if this is posted in the wrong place. We recently bought a 2012 Aspen Trail 2910 and I want to mount a TV in the bedroom. The power and cable connections are already there along with a sticker that says "mount tv here".

I mistakenly thought that's where you would mount the tv. Turns out the wall there has no extra support in it so that isn't going to work. Can someone give me some help on how/where to mount the tv? The marked location is on the side wall of the trailer.

Thanks
PVW

PappyVanWinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 11:34 AM   #2

Florida
Your issue is not an uncommon one. I think they put those stickers there as a cruel joke! I put a 1” board up there to mount the tv to.

franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 12:37 AM   #3

California
In my trailer the sticker was in the wrong location but a stud finder allowed me to find the stud several inches over from the sticker.

I am not familiar with your trailer but have you tried a stud finder to confirm there is nothing there?

If not the mounting board mentioned above is probably the best idea.
Old 04-30-2021, 07:03 PM   #4

Washington
You definitely need a strong mounting position for the bracket. Also, you will want to install a strap to hold the TV on the mount, keep it from bouncing around and potentially coming off the bracket while traveling; the vibration can cause the mount attachment to fail if it is stressed by the movement of the TV. I mounted a DVD player under the TV using a small shelf I purchased on Amazon.

Have you thought about how you are going to get a TV signal?. There are multiple types of antenna's available so do a good job researching the pros and cons of each; these can range from small over the air (OTA) antenna's to something like the Winegard 360+ that rely on local broadcast signals and of course there is always satellite. Dish has the best plan right now; you can start/stop it as needed. I have been told by several RV dealers DirectTV is making some changes to their mobile satellite service and equipment so now may not be the best time to consider DirectTV.

Good luck in mounting the TV and enjoy the comfort of home it can provide.
Logging the miles in the USA. Adventure awaits around every corner.
kjlarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 07:53 PM   #5

Florida
I use direct tv for my home and take one of my receivers on the road with a tripod and a manual dish. I DO NOT get the local channels but I rely on the campgrounds system or the ota antenna.
franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 11:35 PM   #6

Oregon
If the label says “mount here” then surely there must be some backing within the vicinity behind the wall. A sonic type stud finder should enable you to ascertain its location and dimensions. There should also be an outlet offering 110v and/or 12v, and cable connections to your roof antenna and/satellite.

Randy is offline   Reply With Quote