Let me stir the embers a bit - Page 2 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-18-2017, 06:01 PM   #21

Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwest450 View Post
... I'm going to start pouring water on my fire just to make it smoke. Hopefully it will choke the little rats...
In your case I would say that a smoke screen is a valid attack on the opposition [emoji3]

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

Old 10-18-2017, 06:03 PM   #22

Wyoming
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwest450 View Post
I'm on a 5 day trip and have listened to the neighbors stupid little rat dogs bark NON stop for the last 3 days. Every time someone walks by or has another dog with them they go off for at least 15 minutes nonstop. Owners just sitting there oblivious the ruckus. I'm going to start pouring water on my fire just to make it smoke. Hopefully it will choke the little rats.

I'd gladly take a little smoke over misbehaved kids or pets.
I wrote this letter, and have it saved on my computer. I've printed it out and taped it to my neighbor's door on at least 5 occasions in the past 2 years, and it seems to work. Maybe it'll work for you...
Dear owners,

The next time you decide to go away for the day, please don't leave me here all alone to bark incessantly for hours & hours on end.

It's pretty inconsiderate to me, and it's annoying to other campers in the park who have to put up with my noise.

I bark because I'm scared. I don't know where you went, or if you'll be back... and I only want someone to notice me.

So please take me with you next time, or leave someone here to stay with me.

Thanks,
Your dog

2018 BMW R1200GS RALLYE
ATCguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 10:18 AM   #23

Illinois
The county park where we are at gives you two warnings then ejects you. Talk to management.
Rusty
2005 Harley Ultra Classic w/too many miles
lcv800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 01:30 PM   #24

Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thom View Post
How else can you have smores 24/7 like my crew demands?

Love them s’mores [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Stan the man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 07:38 PM   #25

Florida
We almost always cook one or two meals over an open fire weather permitting each day. But we also carry one of those squirrel cage construction type fans with us and do our best to face it in the direction where it would blow the smoke away from the neighbors as much as possible, it also works well to keep the fire burning good with a slight breeze blowing towards the burn pit.
westflgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 10:11 PM   #26

Tennessee
Sounds like a very considerate way to do it. For those of us who don't want to smell like a BBQ pit every evening, we thank you.

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk
Old 10-23-2017, 08:07 AM   #27

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by westflgator View Post
We almost always cook one or two meals over an open fire weather permitting each day. But we also carry one of those squirrel cage construction type fans with us and do our best to face it in the direction where it would blow the smoke away from the neighbors as much as possible, it also works well to keep the fire burning good with a slight breeze blowing towards the burn pit.
I'll be taking note of this. Seems like a great tip.
MarcelJameson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 05:57 PM   #28

California
People who think the daytime fire pit users are out of line, need to read the rules. They're the first ones to complain about rule breakers but never consider the rules are also there to allow reasonable levels of enjoyment for most as well. If it is allowed in the rules but you don't like it, it is you that needs to learn to live with it or move on. Do not come to my camp to ask me to stop doing something that I'm doing that isn't breaking any rules. I've been next to diesel generators and diesel aqua hot systems that blew exhaust into my site most of the day but they weren't breaking any rules. They were having a good time and so was I.

Being considerate of your neighbors goes both ways. Suggesting your neighbor stops doing something they enjoy (that's allowed) because it doesn't suit your likes and desires is inconsiderate on your part.

I know excessively smoky fires aren't allowed but the comments I read on all RV forums is you just don't want to smell smoke period. If you don't like the rules, then add your ideas to a suggestion box and until the rules are changed in your favor, start being more considerate of your neighbors that aren't breaking any rules.

Eric H. is offline   Reply With Quote