Voltage is anyone happy with - Page 4 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-21-2014, 07:05 PM   #61

Arizona
I've had many things to do to my 3600 in the 7 months we've owned it. If I was paying $77,000 for a new Mercedes that had issues I would be highly upset. But with the Voltage I've actually enjoyed the projects. Whether it was pulling the A/C units to redo the duct taping or flushing the construction crud out of the water lines or replacing the TV splitters with satellite quality parts, or etc, etc., I've really enjoyed doing the work and learning about my trailer. We tell people we pull a condo behind us. We love our Voltage. My only misgiving is buying a trailer with the Schwintek slides.

azdryheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 07:22 PM   #62

Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by azdryheat View Post
I've had many things to do to my 3600 in the 7 months we've owned it. If I was paying $77,000 for a new Mercedes that had issues I would be highly upset. But with the Voltage I've actually enjoyed the projects. Whether it was pulling the A/C units to redo the duct taping or flushing the construction crud out of the water lines or replacing the TV splitters with satellite quality parts, or etc, etc., I've really enjoyed doing the work and learning about my trailer. We tell people we pull a condo behind us. We love our Voltage. My only misgiving is buying a trailer with the Schwintek slides.
X-2

2017 Dodge Ram 3500 DRW
2014 Voltage 3200
2005 FLHTCI
eightydo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 10:15 PM   #63

Alberta
I truly believe that I should have gotten at least 1 season in it before I had to start doing repairs, mine are pretty minor compared to what some of you others have had to do, but still...... It says a lot about the company building them and just how fast they are build, NO PRIDE in craftsmanship. Tisk Tisk.

I really enjoy my unit, it turns a lot of heads where ever we go, I just wish that QC was a priority for them... MY 2 cents
2012 Can-Am Commander XT 1000, 1998 golwing GL1500
07dmax360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 10:18 PM   #64

Washington
I wish QC was something they were even aware of!
Old 09-22-2014, 02:28 AM   #65

Colorado
No I would not buy a unit with visible flaws an a dealer that won't fix them first.

I would leave that dealership and never go back!!!

Pirate
Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 03:56 AM   #66

Arizona
Some of the items, like the duct work in the main A/C, I didn't know were a problem until I saw this forum. I could have had the dealer repair them but I didn't want some flunky tech, crunched for time, doing a half ***** job of it. And I didn't want the trailer living for months at the dealer. You know, if you want the job done right.....
azdryheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 12:50 PM   #67

Oklahoma
I wholeheartedly agree with that. As a mechanic, I know that I can do a better job if I take my time. The guys that work at the dealer just want to get it done and out the door. I feel so much better about the work that I have done, because I know what is there now. If it goes bad again, then I will improve on the fix so it doesn't go bad again. Plus, I take pride in my work. Something that is sorely lacking now days.
Old 12-08-2014, 04:15 AM   #68

Alberta
Unit still at dealer since Oct 11, found many warranty issues, drawers guides are all mist-aligned, doors in garage have gaps that allow dust an bugs in, (major) NO HEAT duct in master bedroom, tube is in wall but no hole and duct installed from factory, a/c tubes not attached at a/c unit, suspended lights in kitchen falling down, and black tank flush lines with broken fittings! what the hell is wrong with Dutchmen? I mean seriously, some quality control, or maybe some factory workers that give a **** would be nice.

Come on Dutchmen, $80,000 and I have to wait until after Christmas to pick my rig up again, have to wait for factory authorization for dealer to fix anything, dealer is so far behind, they are booking 5 weeks out because of all the warranty crap on other rigs too. This is crap!
2012 Can-Am Commander XT 1000, 1998 golwing GL1500
07dmax360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 01:00 PM   #69

Maryland
I couldn't agree more. The first year I had my 2013 3950 it spent more time at the dealers than it ever did camping. Four times the first year and a half with the last time being four months at the original dealer that we bought it ( which is eight hours away from our home). Same exact thing waiting for Dutchman to approve stuff. The bedroom slide actually had a warped floor the whole bedroom slide had to be pulled out the floor rebuilt and then reinstalled now we're out of warranty and things are still going wrong left and right.
Just don't get it!!!!!!!
tgoodman13474 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 03:09 PM   #70

Texas
I'm completely dissatisfied with mine. It is made very cheap. The dead giveaway that it's not of any quality is the one year warranty that comes with it. It would probably take you a year before you even noticed most of the problems. I can't even get the extended warranty to fix any of the problems. There won't be another Voltage in my future.
Hucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 09:32 PM   #71

Nevada
Diverb
I had a 2014 Fuzion 371, this was my 2nd 5th wheel, I had a lot of trouble with small things ( Door between garage/Living Area) always opened after a trip, roof tear after 9 months, loose screws everywhere, broken water pipe in main bathroom, holding tanks Monitoring system, always wrong readings. I have a Voltage V3895 now and we have been happy since.
RVNevada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 07:49 PM   #72

Colorado
Well, we're very happy with our 2014 Epic 3800. It has its share of problems. But I have given up on the dealership and am doing the repairs myself. I figure that way I know more about my RV and will understand more as time goes on. We bought the extended warranty, but figure it will just be for appliances and a few other large cost components.

Its like so many other things at this time in our country's history.

I have a 2009 Polaris RZR 800. I've spent more time and money resolving issues you would think the company would take care of. But I've chosen to learn the issue, formulate a solution, carry on and enjoy it.

Maybe that's because I've been doing things like that since I was 13 and figure its just a part of life.

Not sure any other RV is better, but we're enjoying ours and working through the issues.

Pirate
Old 12-19-2014, 11:44 PM   #73

Illinois
Voktage 3905

Hi, We are very unhappy EX owners of a 2013 3905. We had so many problems that we finally got rid of ours, Sorry but they are a piece of crap. We ordered ours fully decked out with full body paint and all the options , except the patio because hauling our Polaris razor we thought it would be best for us. I think it had every problem that has been mentioned on here. plus a few extras. A few major ones was the kitchen wall had to be replaced before we even took possession ,some one gouged the wall and tried to hide it with contact paper that didn't even match closely .The dealer had to spend an extra 3 days removing the caulking from everywhere on the outside of the Rv. Major window leaks.6 total in all. Some leaked like a stream. Then a shoddy job from the dealer with the caulking around the windows after totally replacing 2 windows. Many minor problems that we fixed ourselves. Then finally the bedroom slide and the big one in the living room started having problems. Again and again with the slide problems. Very first trip out we lost the wheel bearings in the axle . The list goes on . Luckily we bought ours outright at a decent price so getting rid of the headache didn't cost us and arm and a leg but still we bought this voltage thinking it would be our retirement RV. What a joke. We are not newbies when it comes to RVs. We have been RVers for over 25 years and I realize most RV has a few problems and that you have to get the bugs out but with the voltage we HAD it never ended. I am happy for the ones that are not having major issues but I guess time will tell. All I can say is good luck to you and I have never been so happy to get rid of a RV as I was with the voltage.
DCWirey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 03:17 AM   #74

Utah
We have a 2013 voltage 3950. First time out 850 miles round trip. Previous owner screwed up livingroom TV had to have that replaced, no biggie. Second trip this Christmas, stopped in Vegas to spend the night. Had a tire shred on passenger side. No damage to RV, thank God. Got to rv park in Vegas and kitchen slide would not open, really late at night so we figured when we got to San Diego we would have better luck. Dutchman could not help because the slide out was in not out. They did try. Long story shut, gone 14 days and no kitchen. We had a licensed repair company come out on Dec 22 in San Diego, he said one of the two motors was dead. 10 day shipment. We dropped it off today at our dealership to be told that the extended warranty may not cover the motor. Just an FYI. We do love our voltage, but what a bummer to have a slide out not working and it's only a year old.
Rosagood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 02:18 PM   #75

Wyoming
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosagood View Post
...We dropped it off today at our dealership to be told that the extended warranty may not cover the motor. Just an FYI. We do love our voltage, but what a bummer to have a slide out not working and it's only a year old.
Why wouldn't the motor be covered? It's part of the rig, and anything that came on the rig when purchased should be covered. If not, doesn't sound as if your extended warranty is much good. Who is the extended warranty with? I think I'd be digging into my paperwork, and if necessary... contacting a lawyer.

Good luck... keep us informed.
2018 BMW R1200GS RALLYE
ATCguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 04:46 PM   #76

Colorado
I'd be interested in what the motor costs. Might be something to add to my stash of emergency parts...

Pirate
Old 01-07-2015, 04:49 PM   #77

Michigan
^^^ and are the motors that same all the way around - I would assume so but then again...
donzinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 06:07 PM   #78

Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by donzinger View Post
^^^ and are the motors that same all the way around - I would assume so but then again...
Nope, not all the same apparently. After two slide failures and four motor replacements the last batch of motors were wrong. They had to be sent back for the proper replacement.
Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 11:07 PM   #79

California
Couldn't be happier with mine. I have had a few loose items, but nothing that a beer, a buddy and some good music cant fix. I have had several coaches, motorhomes to trailers. I have learned that they are all subject to bouncing around. And, the more parts / features we pack into these things, the more they are subjected to potential issues. All in all, I wouldn't trade my rig for any other, and we did research Cyclone, Fuzion and the lot. my prior rig was a 34' Attitude toyhauler. No issues, ever. But outgrew it. anyway, that's my .02c
good luck and happy motoring!

2014 Voltage 3895
2012 Ram Limited CCLB-DRW 4x4
many others... and lots of bills
Hollandazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 05:59 PM   #80

Oklahoma
Shadow
I think its easy to get caught up in the jungle of internet forums and see peoples complaints and horror stories. The fact is, the people writing are the ones frustrated and trying to find answers. The happily satisfied owners are just out enjoying theirs in my opinion. If you love your toy hauler, you may not be online searching for places to post all about how great things are. (just my opinion). We own a 2012 Voltage 3600. I bought it as 1 owner used, and must have gotten most of the kinks worked out before. Ours performs really well and we love it. I just finished adding some extra LED's to outside stairwell etc.

2000 Kawasaki Prairie 4x4
cvining is offline   Reply With Quote