Opinions Wanted / Looking into the Voltage lineup. - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 03-28-2024, 06:31 PM   #1

North Carolina
Opinions Wanted / Looking into the Voltage lineup.

Good afternoon, My family and I are looking to venture into a toyhauler. My wife wants one with the sectional. We don't need a huge garage since we ride dirt bikes and 4 wheelers.
I'm currently looking at a 2016 3970 with full body paint. (only reason Id look at one that old.) Man is it nice. I figured Id solicit some knowledge from you alls experience. We currently have a Jayco 5th wheel and love camping every chance we get. We typically are out at least monthly if not more from Mar - Nov. having a toy hauler would include some riding time and who wouldn't want that?! LOL!

We are also looking at Alliance Valors and Heartland Cyclones. Whew- these things get expensive.

Any how, Thank you very much for your time. Just trying to make the most educated decision possible.

Thanks,
BSmith

SMITTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2024, 09:59 PM   #2

Wisconsin
My recommendation is to not buy a Voltage. Too many problems. Search this website for all the complaints.

persistent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2024, 05:00 PM   #3

North Carolina
I’m sure they all have their problems. Especially as they get heavier. Thanks for the input.
SMITTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2024, 10:22 PM   #4

Colorado
We purchased a 2016 3200 new. Other than suspension it has held up pretty well considering it has 50K miles on it and has seen some very rough roads. All trailers will have things loosen up, require adjustment or wear out.

Some used but well maintained trailers are much better than a new one with unknown issues sitting on a dealers lot.
Its4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2024, 04:39 AM   #5

Nevada
Smitty,
I have had a 2015 Voltage 3895 since new, we take it to AZ 3 times a year for Off roading, we carry a Can-Am side by side. The only trouble we had was with the China bomb tires, after changing to a better tire, no other trouble but things coming loose from driving on bad roads. We had a another Toy hauler that only had 4 Wheels, and from friends and ours had a lot of trouble with doors coming open and I think they are too heavy for toys and I think the 6 wheels Toy Haulers are better.....And as someone stated they all are badly Build
2019 GMC 3500HD 4X4 CC DRW LB Bags Husky 26K Hitch Can Am Commander 1000 ATV
RVNevada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2024, 01:19 PM   #6

California
My 2017 2951

I like my voltage but it has had a few squawks.
The China bombs are a big concern. I lost a tire when I was 1,000 miles from home. The valves on the holding tanks go bad because of the way the cables are installed. I lost a spindle a 1,000 miles from home, I changed all the bearings from China to US bearings. The clamps on the jack legs were installed wrong letting jack slide up almost damaging trailer, somebody posted this and I fixed the problem before it caused damage. I’ve got all the bugs out so now it is a good rig. One more thing, the bolt that goes in the bar between the jack legs fell out and I had to crawl over the generator and replace bolt so jacks would retract. My rig only goes on open road no off road, and I only haul one Harley, not much weight. Never overloaded.

larrypride is offline   Reply With Quote

« Patio | - »