Thought I'd pass this along in case it happens to anyone else... It may have been covered before, but I didn't find it here.
Just had an interesting issue occur with the A/C units on my rig this morning. I've been doing some work & modifications on it here in my driveway over the past week or so... so I have everything set up (slides out, hydraulic jacks down), and am connected to the 50-amp service connector I had installed last year. As it's been hot here in the south, I've got all 3 A/C units in COOL mode, mainly to keep the humidity level bearable while I work.
So I'm out there this morning, finishing up replacing my main TV... when the fan on the Zone 1 a/c stops. About 5 seconds later it restarts, and immediately goes off again. This happened 4 times before the thermostat began flashing an F-1 fault code, with the small Zone 1 digit flashing. Within about 15 seconds, all 3 of the zones digits begin flashing.
So I stop dealing with the TV, dig out the manual for the thermostat, and look up the F-1 code. This is what I see...
LCD Error Code
When the system determines that one of the faults listed below has occurred an error code will be displayed in the LCD for the zone in which the error occurred. During normal operation, a blinking zone number indicates a fault has occurred. The error code is displayed in place of the temperature set-point.
E1 Loss of communication between the CCC 2 thermostat and all system power
module boards. System will shut down.
E1 Loss of communication between the CCC2 theremostat and an individual system power module board. The LED will display error code EI and the zone num- ber that lost communication. Any additional zones that loose communication will blink in addition to the current zone.
Hmmm... loss of comm, huh?
Knowing I haven't touched ANYTHING to do with the system, I immediately think about simply trying to reset the system. Works for my computer sometimes, why not this? It's all software, right?
So I find the reset procedure and try it (don't worry what it is right now , I'll explain later). No joy. And not only no joy, but now all of my zones are erased!! Gone!
Oh boy... I'm wondering if I've just made things worse?
So now I head into my house and log on to the computer. Maybe Google has answers. I can't be the first to have this issue... right? Right!
Turns out that plenty of people have have this issue... but... the way they got it somers nothing like how mine began. They were either on 30-amp service, trying to run too many items... or they had just had it serviced... etc. The only thing a few of them had in common was the stop-start-stop-start of the a/c unit before the code.
Then finally, I find the a page titled Dometic Comfort Control Center 2 (CCC2) E1 Error Recovery.
Looks like a simple procedure, so I try it.. and SHAZAM! It worked!
Thankfully, everything is now operating as advertised. Only thing to remember... when you see the steps to follow, remember you must remove ALL power to the rig... 120v ac AND 12v dc. I unpluged my power cord & switched my batter disconnect OFF.