2014 voltage 3895 issues - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 09-26-2013, 04:28 PM   #1

New York
2014 voltage 3895 issues

So here we go we just bought a 2014 form hits Hershey show in pa and already issues first kitchen slide did not work and then it lost all power and know gen don't power the jacks are. Not working and the water don't flow throw the system we have talk to Tim from voltage who Ben working with nice but I mean I can't belive all these issue with brand new 70,000. Trailer makes not wont it and get my dp back and still a the dealer crazy I think never had issue with my hartland

matto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 09:54 PM   #2

Wyoming
Dude... don't take this the wrong way, ok? But... calm down... go back over your original post... and edit it to where someone other than you can understand what you're trying to say.

Either the auto spellcheck & the punctuation bot got you, or in your anger you've just run your sentences all together... but I can't understand anything other than you're having trouble with your slide, your power, and your water flow.'

By what I've seen, none of these rigs come without any issues straight from the factory... and especially if you bought one of the demo rigs at Hershey, with all of the foot traffic they had (including mine)... it's bound to have a few issues.

Should be no problem, except you'll probably have to tow it off of the island & back across the GWB to Camping World in NJ for the warranty repairs... as I don't believe there are any Dutchmen dealers around you. Having lived in Coram for awhile, and 16 years on Long Island total... I feel your pain.

2018 BMW R1200GS RALLYE
ATCguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 12:39 AM   #3

New York
I would love to edited it but it wont let me. and the trailer would not be on long island I have camp lot on a camp ground in pa I have 2008 hartland cyclone and never had 1 issue. and camping of nj is where at and these guys cant call me etc.. and every budy told stay away from a Dutchmen cause they not as good this came from a dealer i just don't under stand if brand new traliler that 115,000 before my trade and show price of 58,000. has so many issues
matto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 05:31 PM   #4

Florida
You got a lemon. Sorry. Its the dark side of the RV business. I think around 20% of RV's are lemons right from the factory. But it can all be fixed.
hitman007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 09:24 AM   #5

Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by matto3 View Post
I would love to edited it but it wont let me. and the trailer would not be on long island I have camp lot on a camp ground in pa I have 2008 hartland cyclone and never had 1 issue. and camping of nj is where at and these guys cant call me etc.. and every budy told stay away from a Dutchmen cause they not as good this came from a dealer i just don't under stand if brand new traliler that 115,000 before my trade and show price of 58,000. has so many issues
I feel your pain. We've had three 5ers previous to this one and didn't have the issues that I had with this one. At times I felt like I had a lemon. Just like Hitman stated, 'it can all be fixed'. Just very frustrating to have spent so much money and this is what you get.

If your dealer sucks Dutchmen will allow you to find a repair facility or another dealer to do warranty on your unit. But another Dutchmen dealer usually cops an attitude due to not having purchased from them (understandably).

Also, try to remember that these units are not your daddy's units anymore. They are a lot larger and technically do more. There are larger slides and they are driven by a brain that runs these electric motors. Same with the six point leveling system. Would you have ever thought that you could disconnect and push a button to level it. Then push two buttons and it has memorized where you originally unhitched your truck, wow.

Work through getting things straightened out and enjoy your new rig. Obviously, you bought it because you liked what you saw.

Good luck!

2012 Dutchmen 3850RL
Infinityrver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 03:15 AM   #6

Mississippi
I just purchased new 2014 3950, 1st had the water issues and this was a easy fix, unscrew ends of faucet clean out debris and flush water for 20 minutes. 2nd go to you tube and watch video on swintech slide had mine back going in about an hour (lesson learned do not operate slides unless level) 3rd Generator issue, replace fuel filter soon after operating from crud in fuel tank and run it bi-weekly for a hour with a load to keep conditioned. Hope this helps! David
lakebuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 10:51 AM   #7

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakebuster View Post
I just purchased new 2014 3950, 1st had the water issues and this was a easy fix, unscrew ends of faucet clean out debris and flush water for 20 minutes. 2nd go to you tube and watch video on swintech slide had mine back going in about an hour (lesson learned do not operate slides unless level) 3rd Generator issue, replace fuel filter soon after operating from crud in fuel tank and run it bi-weekly for a hour with a load to keep conditioned. Hope this helps! David
Great information. What was wrong with your slides? When we are getting ready for a trip, I park my unit next to my house and extend all the slides even though it is not perfectly level an have never had a problem.
2012 EZGO Custom Cart
Old 10-10-2013, 02:39 PM   #8

Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman007 View Post
Great information. What was wrong with your slides? When we are getting ready for a trip, I park my unit next to my house and extend all the slides even though it is not perfectly level an have never had a problem.
Let's see, a 2014 Voltage probably hasn't had the slides exercised that much in its life. It really isn't a good idea to move them unless your rig is level.

A little thought here, each time you move them on unlevel ground next to your house that's one time closer to the MTBF occurance.

MTBF is computer talk for hard disk failure. It's Mean Time Between Failure and applies to our slides too.

I don't mean to put the hex on you but be prepared.........
Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 03:00 PM   #9

Florida
Good to know. I will start leveling the unit before I extend the slides. I have to say I really don't like the Swintech system at all. It seems way more complicated than the old hydraulic slides I had on my Class A. And those I extended for 4 years on uneven ground and never had a problem.
2012 EZGO Custom Cart
Old 10-12-2013, 01:17 AM   #10

Mississippi
What Sundancer said, with slides all the way in bedroom, lifted motor from inside coach (watch youtube video) then with very gentle push from front end loader with make do padding, drop down motor and both sides are perfectly aligned and go in and out like a charm....

lakebuster is offline   Reply With Quote