2023 Voltage 4225 Fresh Water Tank Size? - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-13-2023, 05:24 AM   #1

Texas
2023 Voltage 4225 Fresh Water Tank Size?

I have a 2033 Voltage 4225. I was under the impression from searches that the fresh water tank is 162 gallons. I am preparing for a boondock trip and filled the fresh water tonight. I was only able to out in about 50 gallons before tank was full. I have a gallon flow meter hooked to the hose. Meter reads 3/4 full. What is the correct tank size? There are 2 dumps for the fresh water. Are there 2 tanks? How do you fill second? There is just 1 fill port I see. Long time RVer but new to this unit. Thanks in advance!

HillCountryHurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2023, 01:14 PM   #2

Iowa
You can do a search for filling fresh water tank on here but this is a common problem. There are 2 tanks hooked together so both are filled with the one port. Here is how I get them full...I removed the screen on the vent hole which is next to the fill port and stick an air compressor blow gun in and blow compressed air in for about 2 or 3 seconds and stand back it will burp and shoot out some water then settle down and should take more water.
Give it a try

dougs2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2023, 03:56 PM   #3

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougs2 View Post
You can do a search for filling fresh water tank on here but this is a common problem. There are 2 tanks hooked together so both are filled with the one port. Here is how I get them full...I removed the screen on the vent hole which is next to the fill port and stick an air compressor blow gun in and blow compressed air in for about 2 or 3 seconds and stand back it will burp and shoot out some water then settle down and should take more water.
Give it a try
Thank you. I figured it was something like vapor lock but it did it with so little filled. My last several trailers have had just 1 tank and filled pretty well. I would always hear air rushing from the vent but do not really hear that on my Voltage.

I will search for some hose to try to clear the vent. I let it rest for 30 minutes and it took another 40 gallons. Still way short of 165 gallons but maybe the burp trick will help.

Thank you.
HillCountryHurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2023, 06:55 PM   #4

Iowa
I could never get it to fill until I read on this site about the air burp, I think the vent hose can be too long and it collapses so air pressure is a quick temporary fix.
We visit your area every Feb. March to ride the Hills with freinds that live in Kerrville.
Great area!
dougs2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2023, 09:49 PM   #5

Illinois
The hose between the two tanks has a kink in it. Take the bottom plastic cardboard off the bottom and cut the hose shorter or unlink it. I have a 2015 voltage that had the same issue.
gsmyth63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2023, 05:32 PM   #6

Florida
mine had a piece of plastic that would float up and cover the vent hole. use a inexpensive camera for your iphone or samsung to get in there and take a look!

franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote