water issue - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-16-2016, 05:46 AM   #1

Utah
water issue

So with the move we had this year locally. We finally took the trip
this last week.

We stayed at a cheap, I mean cheap, hotel / RV park just for the night. In doing so my daughter and I connected the water. We
had water coming out all over near the connection.

We were able to lift the bed on the 261BHS dutchmen and open this wooden box which housed the main electrically connection to the outside and the water. The water input T off and one side to the rest of the RV. The other leg had a short hose back outside to the the hose connection that you can hose the kids/dogs off outside. By poor design it will naturally capture water which it did and broke the connection at the trailer. Easy fix to just cap off the one side of the T with a female 1/2 PVC cap.

So my question has anyone seen experienced this and have a easy
fix to prevent freezing. Water simply trapped in there even with winterizing.

The 2nd part do we know where to possible order one online. Local dealer is useless.

Thanks

2014 Dutchmen 261BHS
gazingm42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 04:25 PM   #2

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by gazingm42 View Post
this last week.

We stayed at a cheap, I mean cheap, hotel / RV park just for the night. In doing so my daughter and I connected the water. We

We were able to lift the bed on the 261BHS dutchmen and open this wooden box which housed the main electrically connection to the outside and the water. The water input T off and one side to the rest of the RV. The other leg had a short hose back outside to the the hose connection that you can hose the kids/dogs off outside. By poor design it will naturally capture water which it did and broke the connection at the trailer. Easy fix to just cap off the one side of the T with a female 1/2 PVC cap.

The 2nd part do we know where to possible order one online. Local dealer is useless.

Thanks
Air, blow the lines out before you add the antifreeze. Get yourself a blow out fitting for the city water hookup, for the outside hose conection, I just plug the hose in a blow the outside shower.

I don't use antifreeze in our water lines, just blow them out, so we can just hookup and go in the winter. DW is on the inside of the camper opening the taps, starting with the closest to the incoming water and finishing with the farthest one. Don't forget the low point drains as well. We repeat the process until there is no more water being expelled. The camper has seen temps as low as -40 and never had a split water line.

The only place we use antifreeze is in the traps, but if you use it in your water lines, you will use a whole lot less to winterize the lines. Don't forget your water filter, you want to remove the filter and if your going to use antifreeze, put a plastic soda bottle in the housing, saves some more antifreeze.

When I was a kid I was going nowhere fast, now I'm an old man I'm going everywhere slow.
hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 09:19 PM   #3

Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by gazingm42 View Post
this last week.

Thanks
gazingm42,
Hi, I am trying to figure if you are looking for the city water inlet valve that you connect the hose to or the "T" you are describing? If you post a picture, I can most likely provide a link to purchase either.
2015 F-250 FX4 SD 6.2L Gas 4WD SuperCab XL 3.73 rear
crunchman12001 is offline   Reply With Quote