Slide roof sagging in the middle. - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-23-2023, 10:33 AM   #1

Florida
Slide roof sagging in the middle.

Hello,

I have a 2017 Denali 287re and been noticing my slide sagging in the middle. I came home last night from work and noticed trimming damp and saw water dropping. The dealership replaced the floor back on the slide in September, but couldn't find what caused the floor to be rotted out.

Just wanting to know what the fix would be. It looks like it needs a support beam in the center.

Thanks

I did purchased this used from the original dealership it was purchased from as well I'm the second owner.

Texas&Louisianamixed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2023, 12:43 PM   #2

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas&Louisianamixed View Post
Hello,

I have a 2017 Denali 287re and been noticing my slide sagging in the middle. I came home last night from work and noticed trimming damp and saw water dropping. The dealership replaced the floor back on the slide in September, but couldn't find what caused the floor to be rotted out.

Just wanting to know what the fix would be. It looks like it needs a support beam in the center.

Thanks

I did purchased this used from the original dealership it was purchased from as well I'm the second owner.

I had a 287RE and had problems with the slides. Which slide is it? Kitchen I’ll bet!

franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2023, 04:55 AM   #3

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by franktafl View Post
I had a 287RE and had problems with the slides. Which slide is it? Kitchen I’ll bet!
The one with the dinner table and recliners.
Old 11-26-2023, 03:09 PM   #4

Florida
Wow, best of luck! We had slide covers installed over all our slides after camping world’s “EXPERT” technicians fixed the kitchen slides (four times). Then, when the storm came through Tampa several years ago, our rv flooded in the bedroom(?) and the insurance company totaled it. We were at the campground near racetrack road off Hillsboro.
franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2023, 01:03 AM   #5

Arizona
I am unfamiliar with this model.

I do recommend running off the waterpump and tank occasionally. This way, if you do have a leak, you will hear the pump go off occasionally and you have a leak somewhere. I found mine several hours later after tracing all the waterlines.

I am installing a slide topper because the slide out is leaking from the top seal. Unless it's perfectly level, water will pool on the slideout and leak through the seal.

My guess the leak you found is the source of your problems and until now had leaked between the inside wall and outside wall pooling on the floor.

I look at my RV every year and tape the holes in the roof up and redo any bad calking.
chrisski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2023, 10:18 PM   #6

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by franktafl View Post
Wow, best of luck! We had slide covers installed over all our slides after camping world’s “EXPERT” technicians fixed the kitchen slides (four times). Then, when the storm came through Tampa several years ago, our rv flooded in the bedroom(?) and the insurance company totaled it. We were at the campground near racetrack road off Hillsboro.
I had the main slide closed yesterday and was I in for a surprise. I been doing some research and will be investing into the True Topper for all three slides.
Old 11-27-2023, 10:24 PM   #7

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisski View Post
I am unfamiliar with this model.

I do recommend running off the waterpump and tank occasionally. This way, if you do have a leak, you will hear the pump go off occasionally and you have a leak somewhere. I found mine several hours later after tracing all the waterlines.

I am installing a slide topper because the slide out is leaking from the top seal. Unless it's perfectly level, water will pool on the slideout and leak through the seal.

My guess the leak you found is the source of your problems and until now had leaked between the inside wall and outside wall pooling on the floor.

I look at my RV every year and tape the holes in the roof up and redo any bad calking.

Yeah had situation happen over the weekend. I was moving the trailer over to make room in the slab and noticed my under belly sagging. End up cutting into it with a knife and water start pouring out. Found out the drain to the shower wasn't tightened enough. I'm beginning to think the original owner didn't take care of this unit and just wanting to get rid of it. Know I get the joy of fixing their neglect. How things going, the dealership lie about an inspection. I don't see how it would have passed