We made it out for the maiden voyage in the new TT this past weekend! It was also our first time overnight camping with our boys (2 yrs old). I took some days off work for a long weekend and we stayed out for 3 nights. It was a lot of work learning how to manage the boys and get them into bed, keep them out of trouble, monitor their filthiness, etc. But lots of fun!
We have a few years of experience camping with a TT, but this was our first time out in this TT we bought new last fall. Lessons learned:
- My solar charging setup does work great, but it doesn't do a thing if I park in the shade!![/*:m:1owdqelv]
- Watching a lot of TV off of the inverter/batteries will add up to some battery draw. But we might not have survived without lots of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Baby Signing Time...[/*:m:1owdqelv]
- Even though the fresh water tank is more than twice as big as in our previous TT, Istill need to use it conservatively. I ran out of water twice![/*:m:1owdqelv]
- Little boys get terrifically filthy while camping (awesome!)[/*:m:1owdqelv]
- The TT fully loaded is indeed a major workout for my slighly undersized tow vehicle, but it worked out fine[/*:m:1owdqelv]