Coleman owners - Page 4 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-06-2013, 10:09 PM   #61

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_eggman2 View Post
From what I read Thor owns Dutchmen, Which Dutdhmen bought Coleman a couple years back. So they are basically the same with cosmetic differences.
I am waiting on my Coleman to be delivered to camping world hopefuly in the next week or so.
We bought a new CTS192RD can't wait the weather is getting right.
We just brought our 192Rd home.....love the floorplan We are anxious to get her out on the road...we have graduated from a tab clamshell...should be interesting..

packardfrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 01:21 AM   #62

Arkansas
Congrats Frank, Hope you have many safe journeys ahead. Keep checking in from time to time and let us know how its going.

d_eggman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 10:56 PM   #63

Arkansas
This weekend at wooly hollow state park.
Old 07-22-2013, 01:27 AM   #64

California
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_eggman2 View Post
This weekend at wooly hollow state park.
Looks like great spot!! We are taking the coleman out tues for the first time to Caspers park...Just an overnighter,no real vacation time till November.We are anxious get her out of the driveway!!! Jamie has already started adding touches to make her feel more like home...looking forward to it...:
packardfrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 09:12 PM   #65

Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by packardfrank View Post
Looks like great spot!! We are taking the coleman out tues for the first time to Caspers park...Just an overnighter,no real vacation time till November.We are anxious get her out of the driveway!!! Jamie has already started adding touches to make her feel more like home...looking forward to it...:
Post some pictures of your first trip.
Old 08-04-2013, 10:34 PM   #66

Alabama
We have anew 27'RL, just took it to wind creek state park for our first adventure. We had a great time. Only issue with our Coleman the AC won't cool the trailer under 82, outside it was only 84. Sure hope to fine out something is wrong and not that the AC won't cool it down.
AlabamaCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 10:47 PM   #67

Florida
It should do better than that,,,We were just in temps in the 100dreds and the camper cooled fine, ran a long time but got cool...Had to close the roof vents or it worked a lot harder...
Anderson Hitch
Coneyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 02:16 AM   #68

Alabama
We have had our '13 191QB for 3 months now and used it about 6 times. So far it has been great. The floor plan was perfect for us (2 queen beds) and the slide out makes so much space for moving around inside. We opted for this model because it had a full size bathroom. The other models had tiny baths and bunk beds for additional sleeping capacity, but it's just 2 of us plus our 3 dogs and 1 cat. Everyone gets along and the camper seems just the right size for us. Coleman calls this a 19' model but from ball to bumper it's really 26'.

Next for me is a new TV. I had been shopping this size RV for a while and it was well within our TV max tow rating of 7300#, but I didn't realize how much extra weight the slide added. I'm sitting at 5400# dry weight so probably 6500-ish# loaded. I've got the WD hitch with sway control, brake control, etc. I can maintain 65mph on interstate but it's obvious I'd feel more comfortable with a different TV. Something with more horsepower, bigger brakes, etc.
Abigail741 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 02:20 AM   #69

Alabama
Make Sure the Thermostat is free of obstruction

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaCamper View Post
We have anew 27'RL, just took it to wind creek state park for our first adventure. We had a great time. Only issue with our Coleman the AC won't cool the trailer under 82, outside it was only 84. Sure hope to fine out something is wrong and not that the AC won't cool it down.

My AC cools right down.. in fact it will freeze us out at night, but on a recent trip where it was extremely hot and humid (Lake Lurleen in Tuscaloosa), I noticed mine didn't seem to be cooling as well. Our model (191QB) has a full size bathroom and the thermostat is on the wall the bathroom door is on, wedged between the door hinges and a wall mount flat screen TV, and directly above the power inverter/battery charger. We usually leave the bathroom door open and there was the problem. Once I made sure the bathroom door remained closed, or at least partially closed, the thermostat corrected itself and AC worked just fine.
Abigail741 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 05:12 AM   #70

British Columbia
We bought a 2013 281BH a few weeks ago and took it out for its maiden voyage this past weekend. A couple of little issues came up - kitchen sink plumbing connections were loose and water was dripping under the sink; the bathtub hot/cold connections are reversed. Nothing extreme. It could really use a small ladder or even a handhold to help the kids climb up into the top bunk - one of them slipped while coming down and grabbed hold of a little piece of moulding - ripping it off and breaking it in the process. Nothing I can't fix.

But all in all I'm very happy with the unit. Coming from a life of tenting to this unit is like staying in a hotel.
rvandenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 04:41 PM   #71

Arkansas
Congrats Berg... Night and day difference for the tent days.
Old 08-07-2013, 04:43 PM   #72

Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abigail741 View Post
We have had our '13 191QB for 3 months now and used it about 6 times. So far it has been great. The floor plan was perfect for us (2 queen beds) and the slide out makes so much space for moving around inside. We opted for this model because it had a full size bathroom. The other models had tiny baths and bunk beds for additional sleeping capacity, but it's just 2 of us plus our 3 dogs and 1 cat. Everyone gets along and the camper seems just the right size for us. Coleman calls this a 19' model but from ball to bumper it's really 26'.

Next for me is a new TV. I had been shopping this size RV for a while and it was well within our TV max tow rating of 7300#, but I didn't realize how much extra weight the slide added. I'm sitting at 5400# dry weight so probably 6500-ish# loaded. I've got the WD hitch with sway control, brake control, etc. I can maintain 65mph on interstate but it's obvious I'd feel more comfortable with a different TV. Something with more horsepower, bigger brakes, etc.

Condrats Abigail, You guys post some pictures when possible.
Old 08-08-2013, 05:18 AM   #73

British Columbia
Took delivery of our 2013 Coleman 297RE in May of 2013. This is our first travel trailer and we love the layout.

To date we have logged about 6000 Miles. Most of the problems encounterd had occoured in the first 2000 miles.

Have had nothing but issues in which we struggle to have resolved to date;
- many items are missing, lights (hanging over the sink), manufacturer now claims that they changed them and no longer support, yet the photos on the Coleman site still show them.
- all coat hooks missing
- pillows missing
- outdoor table missing
- Coleman camping gear not included
- legs on fold our bed are too short
- couch falls forward when people sit on it.

You could argue that these are simple issues and I would agree, thus we are not too concerned to have them resolved in a timely fashion. Since March, not all are resolved...

Significant issues;
- leaks and more leaks. To date have had one window replaced. Have had both slides serviced multiple times and still the leaks continue. To the credit of the dealer, after we took aggressive tact with them, they continued in attempts to repair. We may have gotten all the leaks but await the rains to verify.
- Major issues with exposed wood in the exterior wall without any covering and seals in place.
- Carpet damage do to water
- wood trim (interior) damage due to water
- failed slide motor
- Interior wall paneling falling off.
- stabilizer jack switchs that are exposed directly to raod grime and water from the wheels, thus fail in rainy climates.

Sooo, as summarized, we have had many problems with our rig. Do we love it? Yes. Are we happy with the quality? No. Are we concerned with long term water damage? Yes.

We have documented all issues and delivered them in writing with photos to the dealer in hopes that should things goes wrong in the future we have documented evidence.

We are one or two more problems or trips to the dealer before attempting to start asking for a replacement or refund. This is our level of frustration with the quality.

All this being said. Had the quality issues not been there, I firmly believe the trailer would have been the best value for our dollar.

I would be very interested in chatting with folks who have the same trailers as I believe we should share details on deficiencies and resolutions.
robchur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 02:31 PM   #74

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by robchur View Post
Took delivery of our 2013 Coleman 297RE in May of 2013. This is our first travel trailer and we love the layout.

To date we have logged about 6000 Miles. Most of the problems encounterd had occoured in the first 2000 miles.

Have had nothing but issues in which we struggle to have resolved to date;
- many items are missing, lights (hanging over the sink), manufacturer now claims that they changed them and no longer support, yet the photos on the Coleman site still show them.
- all coat hooks missing
- pillows missing
- outdoor table missing
- Coleman camping gear not included
- legs on fold our bed are too short
- couch falls forward when people sit on it.

You could argue that these are simple issues and I would agree, thus we are not too concerned to have them resolved in a timely fashion. Since March, not all are resolved...

Significant issues;
- leaks and more leaks. To date have had one window replaced. Have had both slides serviced multiple times and still the leaks continue. To the credit of the dealer, after we took aggressive tact with them, they continued in attempts to repair. We may have gotten all the leaks but await the rains to verify.
- Major issues with exposed wood in the exterior wall without any covering and seals in place.
- Carpet damage do to water
- wood trim (interior) damage due to water
- failed slide motor
- Interior wall paneling falling off.
- stabilizer jack switchs that are exposed directly to raod grime and water from the wheels, thus fail in rainy climates.

Sooo, as summarized, we have had many problems with our rig. Do we love it? Yes. Are we happy with the quality? No. Are we concerned with long term water damage? Yes.

We have documented all issues and delivered them in writing with photos to the dealer in hopes that should things goes wrong in the future we have documented evidence.

We are one or two more problems or trips to the dealer before attempting to start asking for a replacement or refund. This is our level of frustration with the quality.

All this being said. Had the quality issues not been there, I firmly believe the trailer would have been the best value for our dollar.

I would be very interested in chatting with folks who have the same trailers as I believe we should share details on deficiencies and resolutions.
I would also send a copy of the photos and list to the manufacturer by registered mail (enure you get signature required), with you expectaions for a timely resolution. Unless you have something that the dealer signed off the receipt of the list, I would also send another copy to them by registered mail.

Don't let them slap you on the back and tell you not to worry they'll take care of you. It sucks that you have to deal with people like this, it seems that there is no respect for the customer anymore.

Unfortunately we don't have a Lemon Law that will get you a replacement unit. Go here to see what you can expect. Vehicle/Car Sales

Good luck with the repairs.
hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 02:00 AM   #75

Pennsylvania
We too purchased a 297RE in May and have had minor and major issues since possession. Just came back from a 10 day trip to Canada and on that one discovered the shower leaks profusely and upon inspection through the access hole discovered the plywood support under the floor is totally cut away from the drain to the door which allows give around the drain. Then much to my dismay, found the back exterior wall is delaminating. Have an appointment with the dealer to find out what resolutions they are going to come up with for that one.

Do we like the layout? Absolutely but for the price, the quality control sure is lacking.
bigdawg51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 03:43 AM   #76

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by hddecker View Post
I would also send a copy of the photos and list to the manufacturer by registered mail (enure you get signature required), with you expectaions for a timely resolution. Unless you have something that the dealer signed off the receipt of the list, I would also send another copy to them by registered mail.

Don't let them slap you on the back and tell you not to worry they'll take care of you. It sucks that you have to deal with people like this, it seems that there is no respect for the customer anymore.

Unfortunately we don't have a Lemon Law that will get you a replacement unit. Go here to see what you can expect. Vehicle/Car Sales

Good luck with the repairs.
Thank you so very much for your insight and pointers to other information. We are on teh second half of a four week trip and just enjoying the travel. Will really need to figure out how to progress some resolutions when we get back.
Old 08-12-2013, 03:52 AM   #77

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdawg51 View Post
We too purchased a 297RE in May and have had minor and major issues since possession. Just came back from a 10 day trip to Canada and on that one discovered the shower leaks profusely and upon inspection through the access hole discovered the plywood support under the floor is totally cut away from the drain to the door which allows give around the drain. Then much to my dismay, found the back exterior wall is delaminating. Have an appointment with the dealer to find out what resolutions they are going to come up with for that one.

Do we like the layout? Absolutely but for the price, the quality control sure is lacking.
We have found our dealer seems to want to resolve the issues however action is stronger than words in this case. To the point of a previous comment, we are going to proceed in a more aggressive nature and not allow ourselves to accept the 'all will be okay' message.

We have (what we beleive) is a significant defect in manufacturing on the exterior, much like you lamination issue but only visible if you get down on the ground and look for it. Essentially there is exposed wood that has no covering. Where we live, on the west coast of Canada, there is significant rain and I believe this defect will result in massive failure of the trailer if not resolved.

Question for you. Would you be willing to take a few photos of a specifc location on your trailer for me? I want to see if my rig is deficient in being put together or if the design is faulty. I could provide the location and photos of mine for your reference.

I would also be willing to take pics of mine if they would be helpful for you.

We love the layout of this trailer and really want this experience to be successful and positive. We are new to Rv'ing and really like the design of our rig. The 'quality' is terrible for something that is built in the U.S.

Not certain where you traveled in Canada but hope you had a nice trip. Attached is a pic of our rig in Whistler BC (Aug 2013).
Old 08-13-2013, 03:27 AM   #78

Alabama
We are headed out for trip two. Going to test the AC again. Camping World is backed up due to only having two employees.....sigh
AlabamaCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 06:16 AM   #79

Florida
Question for d eggman2 (and all Coleman TT owners). HOW ARE YOU LIKING YOUR COLEMAN TTs NOW????

On August 24, 25, 2013 , we enjoyed our first weekend in our 'almost' new 2012 Coleman CTE184 travel trailer. We have been having torrential rains all month too.

Must say we LOVE OUR COLEMAN TT we dubbed 'GWBushhog'. No leaks, everything works perfectly. Read where to expect things to fall off 'til its broken in. Only one thing fell off...oddity never seen before by dealer's technician: the part that is turned by a hand crank (or cordless drill) to lower/raise the stabilizer jack. This small part is not sold independent of the jack and so the whole stabilizer will have to be replaced. Other than this, everything worked as well as was expected.

We are new RVers, weekenders at this time in life, but we love our 'GW' (not to be confused with any political figure, please). 'GW' is an oddity in another way....this little guy was sitting between a line of other units so we never noticed until awaiting pick-up that our first ever RV was completely WHITE! No graphics...period! Had we wanted an all-white unit, we could have looked high and low and never have found such, but look what we hooked without trying! It was great and yes, very white. But we were quickly 'attached' to our first-ever little travel trailer, and being Floridians living close to Atlantic's coastal area, all we could do was dub our little RV ...'GW'! To us, it was and still is a GREAT WHITE Coleman CTE184 hybrid travel trailer that is a celebration of 25 years of marriage!

So far, we love GW Bushhog who is helping 'clear the way' for at least 25 more years of a blessed marriage and life with all thanks due to our good and loving God through Christ Jesus!

So how ya likin' your Colemans now?
GWBushhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 07:13 PM   #80

Arkansas
Glad you are liking you TT.
We are having a ball with ours. Been camping ever chance we get. Just weekends and extended holidays.
No problems so far.
We are camping so often that I have neglected my bike all summer.