262bh - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Travel Trailer
Click Here to Login

Old 05-13-2021, 05:09 PM   #1

Tennessee
262bh

Hi everyone,
I am a newbie on this forum, but not to travel trailers. I am looking at a Coleman 262BH. The price seems good at $22000.00 for a new 2021. I was looking for opinions of this model as well as Coleman in general.

Thanks,
Rick

rhlee222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 11:43 AM   #2

Missouri
Positive experience for us

I can't speak to that floor plan or price, but I can speak in general about Coleman travel trailers. We have a 2015 Coleman 192RD that we love. There have been loose screws, loose drain pipes, poor caulking inside, and many other little things. None of those things have been beyond the norm for a travel trailer.

We bought it new and I do regular maintenance inside and outside. The floor plan for our model is perfect for us, so I don't anticipate trading for something different any time soon.

I used to work at an RV dealer for my summer job during college and I don't see the Coleman trailers being much different than any other economy models. The components are nearly identical and the construction flaws, where noted, are just a regular part of the industry.

I would tell you that if you have done your research, like the floorplan, and are happy with the price, get the trailer. Just be realistic about its level of perfection and be ready to take on some small repairs or tweeks. I have had a great long-term experience with our Coleman, but everyone's experience is different.

2015 Coleman CTS192RD
2018 Ford F150 XLT 3.5L V6 Ecoboost
jbacke20119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 09:21 PM   #3

Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbacke20119 View Post
I can't speak to that floor plan or price, but I can speak in general about Coleman travel trailers. We have a 2015 Coleman 192RD that we love. There have been loose screws, loose drain pipes, poor caulking inside, and many other little things. None of those things have been beyond the norm for a travel trailer.

We bought it new and I do regular maintenance inside and outside. The floor plan for our model is perfect for us, so I don't anticipate trading for something different any time soon.

I used to work at an RV dealer for my summer job during college and I don't see the Coleman trailers being much different than any other economy models. The components are nearly identical and the construction flaws, where noted, are just a regular part of the industry.

I would tell you that if you have done your research, like the floorplan, and are happy with the price, get the trailer. Just be realistic about its level of perfection and be ready to take on some small repairs or tweeks. I have had a great long-term experience with our Coleman, but everyone's experience is different.
I have a 2605RL light and do like what I got. And in the beginning, I had the sliding door to the bathroom fall down off the 3-4 screws trying to hold it to the ceiling. Dealer fixed it, took two trys, but that is Camping World issue. Overall it works great, nothing much else needs work, but it has been sitting for 4 months waiting for me to start camping. Like the other person said, they all have the same parts, and before acceptance from dealer, go thru every door, every thing in detail. two of my bedroom drawers were missing the little catches to keep them closed. was a b*&^%$ to screw in the clips inside the drawer top... My refrigerator wasn't plug in, upon show and tell they had the gas on, so should of turned off gas to make sure it would switch to shore power. knob missing on the window to open - probably cause you can't easily lift the shade up with the knob a attached..
WyoCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote