Dutchmen Invitation - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen RV Owner's Community Forums > Forum Help | Announcements | Member Concerns
Click Here to Login

Old 09-25-2012, 03:10 AM   #1
Community Founder

Dutchmen Invitation

I'm posting this message to let everyone know, Dutchmen has been contacted with an invitation to join our Group. Hopefully, they will accept the offer and allow one of their own to represent themselves here.

eRVm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 01:44 PM   #2

Wyoming
Re: Dutchmen Invitation

That'd be nice of them.
Fingers crossed!

Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 02:21 PM   #3

Re: Dutchmen Invitation

Lets hope so. It would be good for everyone.

Colin & Karen
Calgary Alberta
2012 3500 Longhorn Ram Crew Cab
2012 Dutchmen Sport 265 BHS
FlyingDutchmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:49 PM   #4
Chapter Director

Send a message via Skype™ to gonervn
Ohio
That would be great. Let's hope they do. It certainly gives them a chance to build their brand loyalty. Until a few months ago when I was an (SOB) there forum was great and the manufacturer was very involved.
Findlay, Oh.
gonervn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 02:23 PM   #5
Chapter Director

Ohio
Dutchmen and the Hershey RV Show

This week I sent an e-mail to Dutchmen asking if my wife and I could represent the Owners Club at the Hershey Show. Surprisingly the Director of Marketing replied with a yes! He even asked for shirt sizes for my wife and I and is sending 1 overnight so we can have them for the show.

I have made fliers advertising the Owners Club to hand out. Hopefully we will be able to attract some new members. I'm not sure how many factory reps will be there but I am going to invite them also to join the forum.

Is there anything you would want me to pass on to the reps? Suggestions would really be nice since there doesn't seem to be a good way to pass those on. We will try to build relationships with owners both new and existing as well as the factory reps or whoever is there from Dutchmen. I do know that the Director of Marketing is not going to be in attendance.
Findlay, Oh.
Old 09-09-2013, 06:20 PM   #6

Thanks for representing us.

I feel a little left out as a small TT owner with a 14ft. Dutchmen. Would like to see any feedback from the manufacturer, though.
Old 09-09-2013, 06:50 PM   #7
Chapter Director

Ohio
Never feel that way!
Findlay, Oh.
Old 09-09-2013, 08:49 PM   #8

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonervn View Post
This week I sent an e-mail to Dutchmen asking if my wife and I could represent the Owners Club at the Hershey Show. Surprisingly the Director of Marketing replied with a yes! He even asked for shirt sizes for my wife and I and is sending 1 overnight so we can have them for the show.

I have made fliers advertising the Owners Club to hand out. Hopefully we will be able to attract some new members. I'm not sure how many factory reps will be there but I am going to invite them also to join the forum.

Is there anything you would want me to pass on to the reps? Suggestions would really be nice since there doesn't seem to be a good way to pass those on. We will try to build relationships with owners both new and existing as well as the factory reps or whoever is there from Dutchmen. I do know that the Director of Marketing is not going to be in attendance.
Tell them they had better have thick skins and be ready to deal with the problems, when we can't get satisfaction from the dealers or the factory.

I have seen far to many posts on this board about lack of interest shown by the dealer once they have your money and the factory once you are out of warranty.
hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:55 PM   #9

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by lgarcia View Post

I feel a little left out as a small TT owner with a 14ft. Dutchmen. Would like to see any feedback from the manufacturer, though.
Hey there's no need for that.

I felt just as good about my old tent trailer back in the '70s, as any anybody that was dragging a 30' TT.

Take pride in your trailer no matter the size and enjoy it.
hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 02:30 AM   #10
Chapter Director

Ohio
I spoke with Dutchmen tonight and I think it is happening. They are trying very hard to get into the Social Media world. This should help them as we'll as the end customers all of us.
Findlay, Oh.
Old 09-10-2013, 03:23 AM   #11

New York
Bill & Sallie - thank you for taking the time to promote the forum

...unfortunately what I'd like you to tell the reps, should not be posted on a forum!
Nana & Poppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 12:43 PM   #12

Michigan
Hey maybe you can find out why they WILL NOT LISTEN about a problem with their design on the Infinity 3750FL and other two air conditioner units that are having problems with cooling their rigs down.
GOLDENYEARS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 03:13 PM   #13

Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by lgarcia View Post

While your 14 footer is settled in and you're sitting under the awning relaxing, I'M FEELING LEFT OUT, while pulling this 42 foot 5er into a spot that's not quite adequate enough for me.

The thought of downsizing comes to mind but I'd miss the junk I haul around.
Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 01:54 AM   #14
Chapter Director

Ohio
It has happened. If you haven't seen look at new members, Dutchmen Facebook Page, jet1961.
Findlay, Oh.
Old 09-11-2013, 02:39 PM   #15

Colorado
Should I start a list of poor quality control coming out of the factory? bought mine in April(Kodiak 276bhsl) and stll trying to get the front door replaced due to poor screen door sealing,which was replaced once already.I have spent more time going back and forth to the dealer than camping.
Torch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 06:14 PM   #16
Administrator

Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonervn View Post

Thanks so much for doing this! Getting the word out about the Owners club and forum is a great thing to do!
Old 09-11-2013, 09:39 PM   #17

Colorado
Should of said thank you before I started my complaint. If you really want to talk to factory reps,tell them the issues start at the factory,from doors not staying closed, to screen doors not aligned,to cabinet doors that don't line up straight,to speakers not working,to everytime I pull my TT out and park it again there's a piece of trim on the floor,to just poor interior construction with excessive gaps etc. While I'm sure the dealers have issues,they are just trying to fix problems that should of never left the factory,plus when they need to replace them Dutchman gives them a hardtime.Thats about it in a nutshell.

Torch is offline   Reply With Quote