Batteries - Page 4 - Dutchmen Owners

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Technical | Towing, Maintenance and Repairs > Electrical, Batteries, Charging and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Old 03-21-2014, 04:50 AM   #31
Originally Posted by slb5146 View Post
But what about the specific gravity? Does anybody check their specific gravity? What are your readings on a deep cycle battery that's fully charged?

My average cell reading is 1.200 on what should be a fully charged battery. From what I read it should be at least 1.265 for a fully charged battery.
Steve, I tried using a hydrometer sometime ago with my six volt batteries. I got confused as I was expecting to see number like 13.8 or something foolish like that. And I was seeing 6.xx. I now refer to my solar read out. I am usually up around the 13.8 volt mark when charging during the day. When the sun goes down I hit and hold pretty well at around 12.7 and drop to 12.5 maybe 12.3 before the turn the inverter off. If I sleep pass sunrise I am back to the low 13 volt area. The solar panels rock.

I think what you need to see with your specific gravity is all the cells being close to the same value.

What kind of digital read are you getting on your batteries. The hydrometer you have could be off.

2013 Voltage 3905
2013 F350 4x4 DRW
2013 RZR XP 900
arlan in arizona is offline   Reply With Quote

batteries, battery