Fiberglass scratch on Brand new Kodiak - Page 3 - Dutchmen Owners

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > General RV Related Discussions
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 07-27-2014, 06:23 AM   #21
Senior Member
 
hddecker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: kamloops
Posts: 2,152
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyCampers View Post
Lol whew! Can u imagine me slathering sunblock on my RV? I actually started looking up the highest UV lotions! Lol if that doesn't give me away that I don't know jack about RV stuff I don't know what will, hey I'm learning right?. Thanks for clearing that up, I bet I gave u a good chuckle huh? Hehehe. Yes, "stealership" is a good description, it's pretty much highway robbery. I'm glad there's folks like u guys in here to steer us newbies the right direction. Thanks again! Enjoy washing & maybe putting "sunscreen" ;-) on your RV!
Washing didn't go so well today, as I was headed out the door I looked at the new dishwasher. I thought I would win soon brownie points and Install it. Everything was going along fine until I went to hookup the water. Old dishwasher and new dishwasher couldn't use the same supply, and of course the new dishwashers hose had a different fitting than the old supply. Off we go to town to get a new ball valve to hook 'er up. We just got home so it's tommorow for the roof.
__________________

hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 06:38 PM   #22
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Escalon
Posts: 34
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by hddecker View Post
Washing didn't go so well today, as I was headed out the door I looked at the new dishwasher. I thought I would win soon brownie points and Install it. Everything was going along fine until I went to hookup the water. Old dishwasher and new dishwasher couldn't use the same supply, and of course the new dishwashers hose had a different fitting than the old supply. Off we go to town to get a new ball valve to hook 'er up. We just got home so it's tommorow for the roof.
Aww shucks! So sorry to hear that. We'll hey at least you know how to do it. I wish i had your skills. I imagine you can do a better job doing that ur self rather than the dealership. Not to mention the $$ u save with the labor cost! Good luck hddecker. Thanks for all the wonderful advises.
__________________

__________________
Life's too short to live indoors - HappyCampers
2014 Kodiak 300BHSL Platinum Package
2014 Ford F250 Lariat FX4x4
HappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 10:29 PM   #23
Senior Member
 
hddecker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: kamloops
Posts: 2,152
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyCampers View Post
Aww shucks! So sorry to hear that. We'll hey at least you know how to do it. I wish i had your skills. I imagine you can do a better job doing that ur self rather than the dealership. Not to mention the $$ u save with the labor cost! Good luck hddecker. Thanks for all the wonderful advises.
It only took 5 minutes, to swap out the fitting and finish the dishwasher.

The wife is happy, the TT is happy cause it's got a nice clean roof and all the lap seal looks happy.

Now I get to sit back watch the race with my buddy Jack.
hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 12:11 AM   #24
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Escalon
Posts: 34
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by hddecker View Post
It only took 5 minutes, to swap out the fitting and finish the dishwasher.

The wife is happy, the TT is happy cause it's got a nice clean roof and all the lap seal looks happy.

Now I get to sit back watch the race with my buddy Jack.

That's quick. Awesome. If we ever need to fix our roof I'm asking you :-) were planning on taking my father in law to watch the races with the RV. He's a fan, & it will be a surprise for him too. It will be the California speedway or Sonoma. Have fun, it looks fun, we've never been.
HappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 12:26 AM   #25
Senior Member
 
sundancer 87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Tahlequah
Posts: 2,542
Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by hddecker View Post
It only took 5 minutes, to swap out the fitting and finish the dishwasher.

The wife is happy, the TT is happy cause it's got a nice clean roof and all the lap seal looks happy.

Now I get to sit back watch the race with my buddy Jack.
Give Jack my regards, I'd join you but I get to be in the sun all day tomorrow hanging siding.

Jeffie kicked butt today!
__________________
2013 Voltage 3800, 2012 Chevy 3500 HD
2010 Yamaha V Star 950
2009 Yamaha Raider
Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 05:24 AM   #26
Senior Member
 
hddecker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: kamloops
Posts: 2,152
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyCampers View Post
That's quick. Awesome. If we ever need to fix our roof I'm asking you :-) were planning on taking my father in law to watch the races with the RV. He's a fan, & it will be a surprise for him too. It will be the California speedway or Sonoma. Have fun, it looks fun, we've never been.
I finally got to my first NASCAR race last year, after fifty plus years of being a fan-a-tic. We had great seats at the Monster Mile and could see the whole track. Watching on TV has never been the same,
hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 05:26 AM   #27
Senior Member
 
hddecker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: kamloops
Posts: 2,152
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by sundancer 87 View Post
Give Jack my regards, I'd join you but I get to be in the sun all day tomorrow hanging siding.

Jeffie kicked butt today!
He sure did, total turn around from last year, wouldn't be suprised if he wins the cup.
__________________

hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
borders, fiberglass, molding, paints, scratches

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Dutchmen RV or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT. The time now is 06:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.