Komfort 2012 - Page 4 - Dutchmen Owners

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Fifth Wheel

Old 10-13-2012, 12:24 PM   #31

Texas
Re: Komfort 2012

After five trips with my Komfort its going back to Camping World for warranty work. I have three slides that leak when closed going down the hiway during a rain storm, an entry door that comes open while traveling, even with the dead bolt secured, one tire that is wearing on outer edge, the rear wall of the trailer coming loose from the floor(note squeek in above message) and now a new squeek in the kitchen area. will let you know the fixes

Old 10-15-2012, 12:30 AM   #32

Texas
Re: Komfort 2012

News Flash, found that the door opening problem was caused by a bowed door frame( from the factory) no less, thats why it kept coming open during transit and was hard th close and latch, new door on order.

Old 11-04-2012, 12:37 PM   #33

Texas
Got my unit back from Camping World last Thursday Nov 1, entrance door fixed, not changed, slides adjusted, leaks fixed according to repair ticket,(hasn't rained yet) floor still squeeks, now we have overhead lights that don't work. The rear wall squeek all they did was put more screws thru the floor into the outer wall. Sad, I have decided that unless the unit is falling apart I will fix all problems encountered. As per Camping World from Dutchman Rep the rear tire wear was within their tolerance on the axles, strange only one tire is wearing out on the outside edge, the rest are wearing normal. Took unit to San Marcos for trip this weekend still have a few issues which I will address and fix upon return to home.
Old 11-05-2012, 04:44 AM   #34
Site Team

British Columbia
We had a tire on our aerolite that was wearing on the outside and the tread was feathered to the inside. I thought it was a bent axle, turned out the axle was within spec but the tire was egg shaped and causing the tire wear. The tire was replaced under warranty and we've had no further problems in the last 5000 km's

Cheers
Daryl B.

2012 - 212RBSL, w 1st Class Pkg
2007 - Silverado Z/71, Crew Cab, w Z82 Tow Package.
Of all the things I've lost in life... I miss my mind the most!
grump010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 12:40 PM   #35

Texas
Had a very enjoyable trip to San Marcos, stayed at Pecan Park RV park, weather was great, Guadaloupe river temps were cool but not too cold. Only issues encountered with the fifth wheel was three of the four overhead lights in the kitchen were burned out, replaced bulbs, and the front slide which was leaking and adjusted by Camping World now drags hard on the carpet floor and causes the slide to bind. I think it is time to do my own work and forget these repair centers.
Old 11-11-2012, 02:40 PM   #36

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by aapcon131 View Post
Had a very enjoyable trip to San Marcos, stayed at Pecan Park RV park, weather was great, Guadaloupe river temps were cool but not too cold. Only issues encountered with the fifth wheel was three of the four overhead lights in the kitchen were burned out, replaced bulbs, and the front slide which was leaking and adjusted by Camping World now drags hard on the carpet floor and causes the slide to bind. I think it is time to do my own work and forget these repair centers.
I think that is what most of the dealers and manufacturers are looking for us to do!!!!
Nana & Poppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:26 AM   #37

Texas
Well I fixed the dragging couch slide problem, I took the couch out, put glides under the edge which raised it up off the floor and so far it works great. will test this weekend on a three day trip.
Old 11-22-2012, 12:03 PM   #38

Texas
Returned from a three day jaunt to Lousiana and noticed that the couch does not drag the carpet any more but the slide struggles to open and close, I think the tech who adjusted it for the leaking seals has it adjusted wrong. I guess It means another trip to Camping World.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:44 AM   #39

Texas
Well I just un wrapped our Komfort and de winterized it. Boy does it take awhile to purge the air out of the water heater. I upgraded the kitchen sink faucets from plastic to a delta goose neck, and the bath vanity from plastic to a cultured marble top and oil rubbed bronze faucet, I changed all door handles to oil rubbed bronze, and built a wine cabinet for the boss with glass doors. I also changed out the pin box to a Trail-air pin box. We are planning a trip this weekend to check out the unit before the warranty expires. will keep all posted.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:54 PM   #40

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by aapcon131 View Post
Well I just un wrapped our Komfort and de winterized it. Boy does it take awhile to purge the air out of the water heater. I upgraded the kitchen sink faucets from plastic to a delta goose neck, and the bath vanity from plastic to a cultured marble top and oil rubbed bronze faucet, I changed all door handles to oil rubbed bronze, and built a wine cabinet for the boss with glass doors. I also changed out the pin box to a Trail-air pin box. We are planning a trip this weekend to check out the unit before the warranty expires. will keep all posted.
The wine cabinet is a must see. I'd like to get my husband right on it!

2011 Colorado 320BS-FW
2000 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD QCSB 2WD
lmsteck is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
komfort, komfort 3650