Norcold 2118 Cooling Issues - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-03-2023, 08:13 PM   #1

Idaho
Norcold 2118 Cooling Issues

Just thought I would throw in a note on our refrigerator....(Norcold 2118)
I was having issues cooling my refrigerator. It has worked well up to this point, and yes it was hot outside. Changed out the thermistor, and that seemed to help a little. Left for a trip with freezer at 15 degrees, and refrigerator at 40. We were dry camping with the gas on, and two days later, fridge temps up to 50. Knew there was an issue with the gas side. Read many posts and decided to troubleshoot myself.
Found that there was some debris in the bottom of the burner assembly. (I also noticed flame wasn't as tall as it used to be) I can remember when I used to be able to hear the burner while it was cooling. Disassembled the gas line and brushed the burner orifice, re-assembled and behold; "taller flame" That seemed to be the trick on mine. Freezer at 8 and refrigerator at 37-38. Hopefully this helps others!

littlemick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2023, 02:03 PM   #2

California
Good note. Haven’t had that issue with my Norcold yet but plenty of others related to the lousy install and problems with fans blocked by foil tape and improper insulation which were both fixed and works great. As a matter of fact as we start to consume stuff from the fridge over a few days we actually have to reduce the setting to a warmer number as the fridge gets below 32 overnight.

Old 10-04-2023, 09:48 PM   #3

Idaho
We do the same with the thermostat when there is less in it to cool. Normal temp setting for us is 5, 3 or 4 when it starts to empty.
As far as propane, I think there is more substitutes added just as our fuel for vehicles. I may have to look for "Pure Propane" like non-ethanol gas, if there is even such a thing!
littlemick is offline   Reply With Quote